United away

Someone on Twitter (I know - many will instantly dismiss this) says police have been told the derby in November is to be moved to the Friday night.

Looking at Sky’s already scheduled fixtures that weekend it probably has to be Friday night or Saturday tea time if they are to broadcast it.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

9 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Week nights are cheaper than weekends for hiring the police for match days...

No suprise they are taking this route. 

do clubs pay for the police?.....I thought police outside the ground came out of the tax payers money and that clubs now police inside the ground with the stewards ….I cant remember the last time I saw a police man inside  Hillsboro...……...

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

do clubs pay for the police?.....I thought police outside the ground came out of the tax payers money and that clubs now police inside the ground with the stewards ….I cant remember the last time I saw a police man inside  Hillsboro...……...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/revealed-the-1-1m-cost-of-policing-football-matches-in-south-yorkshire-1-8751755

bit of both

• Thanks 1

We are living in a time when a match scheduled for 3pm on Saturday can be moved to 12 noon the same day because of a police requirement: but corporate scum like Sky can get the same game moved to Friday night, the absolute worst time of the week for potential crowd trouble. 

How did the world get like this?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

We are living in a time when a match scheduled for 3pm on Saturday can be moved to 12 noon the same day because of a police requirement: but corporate scum like Sky can get the same game moved to Friday night, the absolute worst time of the week for potential crowd trouble. 

How did the world get like this?

blame the Lydians !!!

Guest Maxine
1 hour ago, brett11 said:

Nooo, I’m at work on that Friday night, no tv access and no holidays to chuck in 

You'll have to throw a sicky.

Quite like the atmosphere on a night match.

Shame it will cost the blades more money on Policing. Maybe give us a few more tickets to help cover the costs. 

On a serious note is there any reason why clubs can't get a contribution from the away club for Policing, would seem to be fair to all then?