THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

My Spurs mate says he is a box to box midfielder so similar to Kieran Lee. So if we play 3 in the middle, he will play that running role, Bannan will be the playmaker and either Joey or Hutch will be defensive midfield.

left back it is then 

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

My Spurs mate says he is a box to box midfielder so similar to Kieran Lee. So if we play 3 in the middle, he will play that running role, Bannan will be the playmaker and either Joey or Hutch will be defensive midfield.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like both Hector and Onomah will give us more options, possibly more balance, energy and physicality too? A box to box midfielder is one of the things we've missed, since Lee's injury problems. Hector sounds versatile too, both sound like they will give us more strength in depth and although not hugely exciting signings, they could be canny signings to address some of the weaknesses and imbalance in our first team?

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like both Hector and Onomah will give us more options, possibly more balance, energy and physicality too? A box to box midfielder is I e of the things we've missed, since Lee's injury problems. Hector sounds versatile both sound like they will give us more strength in depth and although not hugely exciting signings, they could be canny signings to address some of the weaknesses and imbalance in our first team?

Both have come here to play games. I expect them to both start most weeks.

52 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I see this it being this.

Dawson

Palmer  Lees Hector Thorniley/Penny

Pelupessy 

Onomah   Bannan 

Matias/ Joao                 Forestieri/ Reach

Nuhiu/ Fletcher

Do you think we will get away with playing 15 players ? 

• Haha 5

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Both have come here to play games. I expect them to both start most weeks.

Yep, I'd imagine so, with their experience, I'm more excited or pleased to see that we've focused on addressing our first team weaknesses and the balance of the side. Rather than just going for anyone and trying to fit them in? Like we've been guilty of in the past few years. It sounds like they should fit into how we play, bringing some much needed energy, versatility and physicality too?

30 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

What’s he gonna do when Hooper and Lee are fit?...

Rotate, so we don’t repeat the sins of his predecessor.

Lee, Fletch, Hooper all need rotation. FF too, and Matias looks like giving us that option. Nuhiu and Joao will miss many games. 

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I distinctly remember when we bought him he'd played as a striker at Preston. Reach is a runner. I think he's better going forward whether from wing back or across midfield. It would be interesting to see if he can play with his back to goal. 

Only played second striker 7 times for PNE, scoring once. Played 16 times LW and 13 LB.

Anyway, we have seen him enough to know he’s never a striker in a million years, and what’s more we already have about a squillion strikers anyway.

Hes a damn fine LW, a very decent LWB and a decent LB. 

I think it’s a terrific problem to have and Jos will have a master plan. 

My line-up right now

Palmer Lees Hector Penney

Onomah Bannan Reach

Joao Fletcher Forestieri

Heaven help Jos when Hooper and Lee fit.

Cant see Hutch starting often. He has failed to impress Jos this season so he will need to get a chance and take it.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rotate, so we don’t repeat the sins of his predecessor.

Lee, Fletch, Hooper all need rotation. FF too, and Matias looks like giving us that option. Nuhiu and Joao will miss many games. 

Carlos did rotate. I don't know why people have this idea that he didn't. Ok he rushed players back who weren't ready but that's a different thing.

And Joao won't be missing many games, even when everyone's fit. I'm pretty sure of that. I think Hooper's the one who will have a real struggle, not only getting into the team, but also working hard enough to stay there if he does play.