THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

34 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps he waiting to see if a move abroad comes off. Got till 11pm.

Surely the Piazon deal won’t happen now. I honestly think we have enough options up front and moreover I see Reach may be deployed up top with Onamah playing in midfield.

The club said they were looking to bring 2 in and we have. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Surely the Piazon deal won’t happen now. I honestly think we have enough options up front and moreover I see Reach may be deployed up top with Onamah playing in midfield.

The club said they were looking to bring 2 in and we have. 

That could happen, but I’m not sure how I’d feel with Reach as a striker

Support striker in a 3? 

I think we will go 4-3-3 and Onamah and Bannan will play in front of a defensive midfield player 

Maybe, but with that midfield three, we get many goals from that area, so it would fall on the front three to score the goals. Does Reach score enough? I’m happy to have that as a fall back option, but I’d prefer the front three to be strikers. I’d be looking at Matias and Forestieri to play wide of a central striker, ideally Joao

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Support striker in a 3? 

I think we will go 4-3-3 and Onamah and Bannan will play in front of a defensive midfield player 

I see this it being this.

Dawson

Palmer  Lees Hector Thorniley/Penny

Pelupessy 

Onomah   Bannan 

Matias/ Joao                 Forestieri/ Reach

Nuhiu/ Fletcher

• Thanks 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but with that midfield three, we get many goals from that area, so it would fall on the front three to score the goals. Does Reach score enough? I’m happy to have that as a fall back option, but I’d prefer the front three to be strikers. I’d be looking at Matias and Forestieri to play wide of a central striker, ideally Joao

I get that totally and ideally during the course of the season that would be my preferred front 3 although Hooper would be my preferred choice in the middle and Joao supporting.

Given Jos’ defensive make up, I would suggest he will go with Reach plus 1 other supporting a central striker. I honestly see this happening. I think Jos sees Reach too valuable to the team to drop and for

me he will play him further up the pitch. He certainly won’t play him left back - he can’t defend. 

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dawson

Pelupessy 

Onomah   Bannan 

Nuhiu/ Fletcher

Exactly bang on. I’d have Hutch in defensive midfield especially when we play 3 in there. I see Thorniley playing left back especially when we are playing more physical opposition. 

I do see Reach playing more often than not in the attacking 3 given Jos’ defensive mindset.

I get that totally and ideally during the course of the season that would be my preferred front 3 although Hooper would be my preferred choice in the middle and Joao supporting.

Given Jos’ defensive make up, I would suggest he will go with Reach plus 1 other supporting a central striker. I honestly see this happening. I think Jos sees Reach too valuable to the team to drop and for

me he will play him further up the pitch. He certainly won’t play him left back - he can’t defend. 

Yes, I was forgetting about the coaches defensive mindset. That needs to change as far as I’m concerned, I didn’t like it when Carlos went down that route either Ultimately, it will be Jos’s downfall, as indeed, it was for Carlos

• Haha 1

Reach has done well when he has played right of a front 3.

Might be his best position, only problem is we have other options 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I was forgetting about the coaches defensive mindset. That needs to change as far as I’m concerned, I didn’t like it when Carlos went down that route either Ultimately, it will be Jos’s downfall, as indeed, it was for Carlos

He may be more adventurous if Hector is the real deal and becomes a good partner for Lees. We are also weak/inexperienced at full back. If he starts trusting the back 4, he may give licence for 3 attacking players without playing Reach up top.

One thing I will say is that the 2 players brought in look like they are athletic and have legs - it’s been desperately needed. 

18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dawson

Pelupessy 

Onomah   Bannan 

Nuhiu/ Fletcher

Dawson

Wildsmith/Westwood

Palmer      Lees         Hector         Penny

Baker   CoG/Nielsen/Thorniley/JVA   Pudil/Fox

Pelupessy 

Hutch/Jones

Onomah   Bannan 

J Lee/Lee/Kirby/Hunt/Abdi  

Joao                                             Forestieri

Matias/Fraser/Stobbs                         Reach/Boyd

Fletcher

Winnall/Nuhiu/Hooper

Looks like we have plenty of strength and depth this season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That could happen, but I’m not sure how I’d feel with Reach as a striker

I distinctly remember when we bought him he'd played as a striker at Preston. Reach is a runner. I think he's better going forward whether from wing back or across midfield. It would be interesting to see if he can play with his back to goal. 

48 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Support striker in a 3? 

Yeah probably but I wouldn't rule out 4-2-3-1 as an option too? I think we will alternate between those formations. Is Onomah an attacking or defensive midfielder?

10 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Dawson

Wildsmith/Westwood

Palmer      Lees         Hector         Penny

Baker   CoG/Nielsen/Thorniley/JVA   Pudil/Fox

Pelupessy 

Hutch/Jones

Onomah   Bannan 

J Lee/Lee/Kirby/Hunt/Abdi  

Joao                                             Forestieri

Matias/Fraser/Stobbs                         Reach/Boyd

Fletcher

Winnall/Nuhiu/Hooper

Looks like we have plenty of strength and depth this season.

Agree. however think we will see Thorniley play at left back aswell. Gives us a better option at set pieces then Penney does.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yeah probably but I wouldn't rule out 4-2-3-1 as an option too? I think we will alternate between those formations. Is Onomah an attacking or defensive midfielder?

My Spurs mate says he is a box to box midfielder so similar to Kieran Lee. So if we play 3 in the middle, he will play that running role, Bannan will be the playmaker and either Joey or Hutch will be defensive midfield.

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1