This lad's gonna come into form in September

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

Hes contributed more to the club in the past 12 months than Hooper, Abdi, Lee, Matias, Hutchinson put together. Shall I go on. Some reight dickwits on here. Couldn't wait for him to have a couple of crap games this season then the vultures pounce.  Which thread by the way did you say he was having a purple patch. Not saying you didn't but can't for the life of me remember it or find it. Ive witnessed nothing this season that Hooper, Lees, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Fox etc won't either. Just wondering why you omitted those players.

He’s still rubbish pal, dress it up however you like, he’s awful .

Needs to prove the 2nd half of last season is the norm not a flash in the pan as so far this season he has been the lump of the first 4 years.

I want him to succeed but he needs to pull his finger uot and start scoring the chances he gets.

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

When Jos showed his trust in Adthe, he was rewarded with lots of goals, bags of effort and a fantastic team contribution from the big feller.

Unfortunately when Jos showed his trust in Fletcher, he has been rewarded with lots of almost goals, good effort and team work from the not so big feller, while Nuhiu's overall stats show that he gives us more all round. Nuhiu's passing success rate is 5.5% higher, he has won 6 free kicks as opposed to just one for Fletcher, has scored a goal more than Fletcher and has an overall contribution score higher than Fletcher. OK Nuhiu has also been sent off, which looking back on both the referees decisions, you can understand him getting booked for maybe one of them, but still harsh on the first game of the season (when players getting booked playing against us seem to get away with a few before getting booked and become bulletproof afterwards).

I think that if Jos puts his trust back in Adthe and weaves his magic on him, Adthe will weigh in with more team pluses, including goals per games played and his own team spirit and the effect it has on others is a big boost whatever his form. 

When both players are playing on their average, or below average form, we still get more from Adthe, so if we need a big man on the pitch I would go with him every time. Also, I do not think that Fletcher can get much better than he is now whereas Nuhiu can play a lot better than he is, so the difference between their stats will only go one way.

Sorry mate but Fletcher is on a different level. Dont know how you can say you get more from Nuhiu, Fletchers movement and runs are way better than anything Nuhiu can do. Unless you're counting the number of passes Nuhiu does in our half (stats). 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Sorry mate but Fletcher is on a different level. Dont know how you can say you get more from Nuhiu, Fletchers movement and runs are way better than anything Nuhiu can do. Unless you're counting the number of passes Nuhiu does in our half (stats). 

Save your breath mate 

16 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Hes contributed more to the club in the past 12 months than Hooper, Abdi, Lee, Matias, Hutchinson put together. Shall I go on. Some reight dickwits on here. Couldn't wait for him to have a couple of crap games this season then the vultures pounce.  Which thread by the way did you say he was having a purple patch. Not saying you didn't but can't for the life of me remember it or find it. Ive witnessed nothing this season that Hooper, Lees, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Fox etc won't either. Just wondering why you omitted those players.

Never understand the love for Hutchinson, waste of a wage but treated like a hero. 

People would rather sit and say the usual "when Hooper is back fit" nonsense as though that's actually going to happen.  Nuhiu isnt the greatest,  but he's nearly always fit to play, works his nads off, takes 3 blokes to mark him and chips in with a few goals, all for about 30% of what Hooper earns for sitting in the physios room.  Why people struggle to get behind the bloke is beyond me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

He contributes more to the team play. People see that, the stats back it up and Fletcher has not scored in the last 22 games for club and country. If that had been Nuhiu people like your good self would be clamouring for us to get rid of 

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

Needs to prove the 2nd half of last season is the norm not a flash in the pan as so far this season he has been the lump of the first 4 years.

I want him to succeed but he needs to pull his finger uot and start scoring the chances he gets.

Didnt Fletcher smash three clear goals into the outer atmosphere from six yards a week or so ago?

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didnt Fletcher smash three clear goals into the outer atmosphere from six yards a week or so ago?

Yep but he has been out a year with a knee injury - Nuihu on the other hand ended last season in the form of his life instead of spending the summer losing a bit of the extra weight and getting down to a leaner, meaner Nuihu he looks exactly the same as last year but for some reason has forgot where the goal is.

He need to get back to what he was doing well last season and start putting the ball in the back of the net, I don't care if he scores with his bum a goals a goal. No more excuses it is his time to deliver.

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Purple patches win games ???

Where as that beauty come from!

Do the more common non purple patches lose you games ?

Try looking up purple patch in the dictionary rather than argue black is white or purple is pink! Strikers having a very good run of form are going to be scoring more goals mate and if you don't understand now that goals win games (yes another good old adage you may or may not remember), then you will get torn to pieces arguing otherwise on here.

lol

Like most Wednesdayites I want both these players to be successful for us, but one of them has only ever had one decent run in the team and when he did he scored lots of goals, made goals and helped out in midfield and defence with a very good to excellent level of effectiveness. And again yes,that is what wins games. We have all seen what he can do for the team on the odd occasion that he gets on the pitch and we all saw last season what he can do, when he is given a run in the team. Unfortunately this season he got sent off in the first game after scoring a goal, missed the next game and has had to prove that he is worth his place in the team against Fletcher, who is paid more highly paid to score goals and does get into some very good positions to score, but unfortunately almost scoring goals is not good enough in this division or any other.

I am guessing that you actually understand the meaning of purple patch, but if not I am pretty sure you will understand the following facts, which are based on Nuhiu's 11 goal scoring streak, when he was playing more regularly at the end of last season and Fletcher's 11 goal tally in 2016/2017 when he started or was sub in 40 games.

Player               Goals      Assists      Shots     On target     Pass %    Headers    MOTM     Starts      Sub     Minutes played       Whoscored overall rating

Adthe Nuhiu          11               5             46               20            66.9             5.8             4             15           13      1451 (51 average)                     7.06

Steven Fletcher    11               2             73               22            62.4             3.7             2              24          16       2198 (55 average)                     6.7   

So in summary of their good runs of form (purple patches), in seasons where both players scored 11 goals, Nuhiu provided 3 more goals for others, was more accurate at shooting and had more shots on target per game, won more headers per game, double the number of MOTM awards, had a higher pass percentage rate (across all types of passes, this is the average of all passes, crosses, long balls, headers, flicks etc) and had a higher overall player rating, all in 9 less starts than Fletcher.

Whether anybody chooses to prefer Fletcher or Nuhiu as a person, or player, or prefer his style, or character is entirely up to the individual and both players have fans who prefer one over the other, or have no particular preference. The facts however show that Nuhiu contributes more per game and per minute in every aspect of play that contributes towards winning more points for Sheffield Wednesday.

These facts and figures are taken from whoscored.com and verified by ESPN.com. The rating figure is the average score based on all aspects of the player's defensive, attacking and passing performances in each of the games detailed.

As a matter of interest, for the games so far this season Nuhiu's rating is 6.57 and Fletchers is 5.39, so the gap between the performances of the two players has grown. It could be argued that neither player is playing to their best, but Nuhiu is only just shy of Fletcher's best rating for us already and as this topic started out, Nuhiu is tipped to get back to his best very shortly.  Also, in 11 years of stats for Fletcher, he has only ever scored one more than the eleven he got for us, which was six years ago, whereas Nuhiu scored his 11 last season and in just half a season while Fletchers highest ever whoscored rating in those 11 years was 6.98, 5 years ago (again these ratings are based on all aspects of performance).

As much as I would like to see Fletcher do more for us, I would not like to see him play at the expense of Nuhiu, because I think that Nuhiu cares more and gives more effort and passion than Fletcher. I also feel that Fletcher's best days are behind him, whereas Nuhiu could really shine even brighter if given a full season with the number of minutes per game he has had under Jos so far, but more than what I think or feel, Nuhiu has already proven that so far he has been the better player and deserves his inclusion in the team.

Come on Nuhiu, do it for the lads and lasses. UTO!