Before the loan deadline.

I’ve noticed several transfers and loans that have taken place, where a player has been injured, or a few weeks off fitness. With that in mind, would we be able to get Winnall out on loan? Not exactly sure where he’s at fitness wise, but if he’s near to playing again, he will be wanting regular football. With Hooper ready to return, there will be six forwards ahead of him, and with his goal scoring record, there should be no shortage of takers

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve noticed several transfers and loans that have taken place, where a player has been injured, or a few weeks off fitness. With that in mind, would we be able to get Winnall out on loan? Not exactly sure where he’s at fitness wise, but if he’s near to playing again, he will be wanting regular football. With Hooper ready to return, there will be six forwards ahead of him, and with his goal scoring record, there should be no shortage of takers

I think if he stays he’ll get plenty of game time. He can play as loan striker, as a duo or in a three where as some of the others we have are limited in certain areas. 

Whilst Winall may not be best at any one area, he’s decent in many; so he can lead line, good in air, not slow, decent energy and mobility.... I’d certainly of liked to have had him available earlier in season as at moment it’s either out of nick Nuhiu or not quite fit/firing fletcher. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think if he stays he’ll get plenty of game time. He can play as loan striker, as a duo or in a three where as some of the others we have are limited in certain areas. 

Whilst Winall may not be best at any one area, he’s decent in many; so he can lead line, good in air, not slow, decent energy and mobility.... I’d certainly of liked to have had him available earlier in season as at moment it’s either out of nick Nuhiu or not quite fit/firing fletcher. 

Not for me, I don’t rate him I’m afraid For me, if we can offload him, we perhaps should, especially if it is one in one out

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not for me, I don’t rate him I’m afraid For me, if we can offload him, we perhaps should, especially if it is one in one out

There’s not many you do rate though Guru! But take your feedback on him not being technically gifted as many, he does score goals though and sometimes that’s what we’ll need. 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There’s not many you do rate though Guru! But take your feedback on him not being technically gifted as many, he does score goals though and sometimes that’s what we’ll need. 

Guru does rate Palmer and Pelupessy tho so have a think about that one!

However, he’s right on this one. We have plenty of strikers and they all have attributes which are better than Winnall in my opinion. If there is a chance to loan him out and the club starts paying his wages in October, I would do it.  Moreover, it allows Winnall opportunities to play games and get back to full

fitness with a view to getting a decent fee to help us against FFP etc.