Before the loan deadline.

20 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

He was pal, I didn't take a photo. 

As I was walking past, he stood out, 6ft 4" in a grey suit. Did a quick google and it was Hector.

Nice one Ash. 

Sure they will leave us hanging till last min to announce owt 

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody coming in, and nobody going out would be a disaster. With the introduction of so many youngsters (a good thing) we will have increased an already bloated squad Not to mention, written off any outside chance of promotion

Guru... you've really got to start naming clubs who want our cast offs.

They've got to want to go and they'll want their full wedge and bonuses.

Name the players and match them up with clubs..or shaddup about it mate eh?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Guru... you've really got to start naming clubs who want our cast offs.

They've got to want to go and they'll want their full wedge and bonuses.

Name the players and match them up with clubs..or shaddup about it mate eh?

Well let’s start with Westwood One of the best keepers in the Championship, he’s unlikely to want to be number three at Hillsborough As for naming clubs, the window is open for clubs in England, Scotland, and all over Europe. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Well let’s start with Westwood One of the best keepers in the Championship, he’s unlikely to want to be number three at Hillsborough As for naming clubs, the window is open for clubs in England, Scotland, and all over Europe. 

Ok..let's start with him.

Good keeper on really good money for the championship.

What do you think that's scaring other clubs off?

He's definitely up for grabs.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Ok..let's start with him.

Good keeper on really good money for the championship.

What do you think that's scaring other clubs off?

He's definitely up for grabs.

Probably the amount of his wages we are prepared to cover, that’s always the hold up when we are trying to get players out 

Now we have to choose, be a bit more proactive in facilitating these loans, or drift through the season with players we aren’t willing to use

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Probably the amount of his wages we are prepared to cover, that’s always the hold up when we are trying to get players out 

Now we have to choose, be a bit more proactive in facilitating these loans, or drift through the season with players we aren’t willing to use

He was on the market when the transfer window was open imo.

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Big big window this will determine our whole season

I agree with this, no signings and imo we will struggle in the bottom third. Two or three defensive signings should make us competitive. I will be very surprised if we sign more than one though. 

20 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

He was pal, I didn't take a photo. 

As I was walking past, he stood out, 6ft 4" in a grey suit. Did a quick google and it was Hector.

Why are you lying?

I checked on his Instagram earlier and last night he was at his home in London with his baby watching West Ham vs Wimbledon

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Think our recent wins in the league have probably put pay to any consideration of loans coming in. If DC is saying money is tight then I am sure our now relative comfortable position in the league will gloss over the glaring deficiencies in the squad. 

Well if Mr C has decided he’ll settle for a comfortable 14th place, then I’ll let him get on with it

11 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Don’t realistically think the club’s intent was to get promoted this season. Certainly couldn’t be if we have been under an embargo for so long.

I think us getting promoted is wildly optimistic so for me i'd be happy for them to bide there time  in mid table with what we have while we wait for the contracts to run out of those that have no future here .

The frustrating thing is we’re not a million miles away from forming a decent starting 11.  For example loaning in Batth (CB), Oxford (DM) & Piazon (AM) would help. We still have players like Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Lee, Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Abdi, Fletcher, Winnall etc who could easily be in a top 6 team when fully fit and in form. 

Hopefully there will will be some good news on the transfer front in the next 2 days

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The frustrating thing is we’re not a million miles away from forming a decent starting 11.  For example loaning in Batth (CB), Oxford (DM) & Piazon (AM) would help. We still have players like Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Lee, Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Abdi, Fletcher, Winnall etc who could easily be in a top 6 team when fully fit and in form. 

Hopefully there will will be some good news on the transfer front in the next 2 days

Think we will be operating on a 1 in 1 out basis unfortunately.

My guess Westwood gone. Centre back in. 

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes if only we could bring players in we’d be laughing. Unfortunately life won’t be that kind to us

Westwood

Palmer  Lees  Batth  Penney

Lee  Oxford Bannan

Piazon         Forestieri 

Joao 

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I think us getting promoted is wildly optimistic so for me i'd be happy for them to bide there time  in mid table with what we have while we wait for the contracts to run out of those that have no future here .

Yeah I would agree, but I thought we needed to urgently offload, or come March the FFP guys will be on our backs again..and perhaps much tougher