Before the loan deadline.

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

It would be nice to get some of them out for good experience.

On the other hand can you seriously see us signing anyone? After all the embargo business and it been "lifted"...I still cant see anyone coming in!!

Nobody coming in, and nobody going out would be a disaster. With the introduction of so many youngsters (a good thing) we will have increased an already bloated squad Not to mention, written off any outside chance of promotion

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody coming in, and nobody going out would be a disaster. With the introduction of so many youngsters (a good thing) we will have increased an already bloated squad Not to mention, written off any outside chance of promotion

Totally agree...you cant fault the youngsters who have come in but we cant surely rely on them for a full season? Some of the young lads like Kirby, O'Grady and Stobbs need to be playing regular games if they are to develop (even if its League 2).

I don't want to turn this into a DC hate thread but after what he said stating he wants to still invest but cant due to the embargo...well this as been lifted for a few weeks now and there is still no concrete evidence that anyone is coming in??

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Totally agree...you cant fault the youngsters who have come in but we cant surely rely on them for a full season? Some of the young lads like Kirby, O'Grady and Stobbs need to be playing regular games if they are to develop (even if its League 2).

I don't want to turn this into a DC hate thread but after what he said stating he wants to still invest but cant due to the embargo...well this as been lifted for a few weeks now and there is still no concrete evidence that anyone is coming in??

It means that he can offer new contracts to Jao, & Bannan

42 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Stobbs & Nielson really could do with a good league 1 loan to get a season under their belt. Just needs to be the right club as like with Claire when he was out and thornily who both really benifutted from getting plenty of games while out, rather than like penny at Mansfield where they didn't bother playing the lad and was a waste. 

Wonder if maybe we could get some unsuspecting succer to take some of the has beens like Boyd and abdi even for free. 

I think Stobbs needs a move now not a loan.

Obs with the full window shut he will have to go on loan initially but hes 21 now and has younger lads ahead of him. 

Its a shame but i cant see him making it here.

Would hope some of the others that are around the first team but not as often as your Penney/Thorniley etc get a loan out. Thinking hunt, kirby, maybe preston etc. We dont seem to loan many out for some reason 

Then a cb and a midfielder through the door inwards.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

This is where those responsible for transfers, earn their corn. I’m thinking three in, with at least the same amount leaving, plus get a few of the youngsters out as well Why we have to leave everything until the last minute, I don’t know. Maybe the upcoming international break means that there’s no real rush for players to move That wouldn’t apply to the youngsters though, who would presumably be going to lower league clubs

3 in, 3 out wouldn't surprise me.

While we know the embargo has been lifted we don't know what conditions are attached. It could well be that we have to move one out for every one that comes in & we're waiting for the ones going out to agree.

Edited by mogbad

8 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Eh?? What’s this got to do with loans? 

If if you read the stuff that came out of the steering group...joao signed weeks ago but it couldn’t be announced .

the club have never mentioned loans,we were not able to give existing players contract extensions, Joa signed after the embago because we were not allowed to renew until it was lifted

4 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

the club have never mentioned loans,we were not able to give existing players contract extensions, Joa signed after the embago because we were not allowed to renew until it was lifted

Youve clearly not read anything that came out of the steering group meeting on Friday have you?

it was also mentioned that loans would be looked at when the embargo was lifted!!