Fox? Seriously wtf

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This is exactly why I left all the swfc facebook groups

The stupidity and blatant abuse is embarrassing

I ended up arguing with someone who was slagging Jaoa off after he signed a new contract,

He's not even a poor footballer, he's just not world class. He was immense in the first half. 

He simply got hung out to dry against top class opposition in the second half.

I can't fault his effort and most full backs in the Championship are going to get skinned by Helda Costa. 

Maybe Rob Staton can ask Jos if we can get Danny Rose on loan. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Its improved in recent weeks as we removed a few trolls to be fair

issue with online stuff currently is the positive fans never post their thoughts

if more positive fans posted their thoughts it would instantly become a more positive place 

we are trying 

I've been  trying my upmost  to be positive!

Then YOU mentioned baked beans. ..with battered fish!

And to be honest, I've found it very hard since to see the light through the

giant malevolent cloud of that horrific nightmarish fish supper thought.

So vast,  so deep, Ive been so mesmerised by its awfulness  that at times I've  felt I was being sucked into it, dragged up, eyes first,  into its bruised grey folds.  

It's a wonder I can smile at all!

Edited by Lord Snooty

27 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

In all honesty I thought Fox was immense in the first half. He smashed every challenge. 

Our midfield wilted in the second and then he got toasted by  £13 million Helder Costa when he came on. 

Fox was immense???

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Fox is an utter disgrace, so are Jones and Boyd but my god Fox is just terrible

Agree. 1st goal was fox fault, 2nd was fox challenge for pen. Looked harsh for me at back of north stand. Boyd - I cant understand how he has made a career so long from football. He not quick, no skill, cant shoot he had a shot in 2nd half just after his collision with hutch and his technique was awful. Jones has to be forced to take the ball forward and showed no leadership or help for any of youngsters.

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dump him in the u23’s for the rest of the season till his contract is up 

Must be awful to play with - give a young lad a chance instead of this idiot, awful player

A young lad has been given a chance-Penney who'll be back next game. It'll have to be two seasons in the U23's because he signed a 3 and half year contract when he signed according to the Star to take him until 2020.

4 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He's not even a poor footballer, he's just not world class. He was immense in the first half. 

He simply got hung out to dry against top class opposition in the second half.

I can't fault his effort and most full backs in the Championship are going to get skinned by Helda Costa. 

Maybe Rob Staton can ask Jos if we can get Danny Rose on loan. 

He’s a very poor footballer. There is no part of his game that is a strong point. 

Charlton had our pants down 

I have no idea why he was ever signed. 

Some terrible comments on here tonight

not that I don’t understand the frustration but very harsh and quite personal 

I generally believe that if that team that wolves put out today was in this years championship they’d walk it again they was physically strong All over the pitch had pace and quality. 

I think we have quality but lack pace and a physicality so we was out classed tonight by a team who’s rightfully in the premier leauge and we’re not.

I thought we played ok in general especially the first half but offered no threat and huffed and puffed a little whilst wolves looked like they could step it up at anytime. That’s why we’re a division apart

It was always going to be a difficult game for us especially with a lot of the players today having little or no game

do I think fox played well, No but I also think any player coming up against wolves tonight especially how they lined up down the right would have struggled.

its a bit like Fulham last year who also got promoted pace and quality it hurts teams 

We was out classed today by a better team and unfortunately the attributes that wolves had exposed the ones we don’t have

weve plenty of players that will be ahead of fox but let’s face it league is more important but apart from maybe reach who would have been our nearest of matching their pace who could have played.

Wolves will finish top half Prem possibly qualify for Europe this year and are progressing nicely

what we need to do is start rebuilding this squad into a team that can fight for promotion 

there are some and we know who they are that unfortunately are not up to that stand we all know who they are but let’s not be key board warriors about it 

it was a cup game and there’s a reason these players are playing but as of most of our league games there not first team league players 

Couldn’t attend last night so no idea how he played, but assuming he was responsible for looking after Traore and/or Costa I hope our fans are taking that into account?

I sit low down in the SS, so for 45 minutes of matches I get to see Fox at very close quarters. 

Some games he can be physical bordering on aggressive, showing for the ball, and highly vocal with his mates. Other games he can play like he is sleep-walking. If Jos can sort out why he can be so chalk and cheese then Morgan will do a fair job for us, even if only as a No 2 to Penney.

Twice he was alongside multi million pound players at full pace and instead of tackling them he did a half hearted little nudge and lost his momentum, leading to a goal and a penalty. Other than that he was OK. I would have preferred him to miss a tackle both times. I would have preferred him to get 2 yellow cards. He didn't attempt to win the ball twice and it led to 2 goals. Rest of the game he made tackles and tried to get the ball which worked. God knows what he was thinking. 

10 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Nah it's just as sht...but this place has become shtty the last few years.

Not as sht as facebook, twitter and cokeheads at away matches...but getting shtty

And we were once a family club..

Just easy for half wits to hide behind forums and post abuse. Always wonder just how many of them actually go to a game opposed to watching one incident on tv and making their mind up that they are useless.

With regard to all 3 players i will base my appraisal on what i have seen over their time at the club , rather than just last night.

No abuse , just assessment IMHO.

Fox - Never really had a problem with his effort , but has always looked like someone who is unfortunately playing two grades above his skill set.

Jones - Never been a fan, thats not to say he doesn`t have ability because he does and Lord knows we have had worse but he just frustrates the hell out of me.

I like my holding midfielders to get in the face of the opposition but Jones just sort of backpeddles till he is stood on the centre half`s toes.  He also takes the easy and safe option far too often when in possession which is a shame because he has the ability to be much more positive.  NOT the type of player we needed..........but that aint his fault.

Boyd - Symptomatic of our flawed recruitment policy, at the same time we signed Boyd, Brentford paid 1.7 million for Watkins (now worth around 8 - 10M).

In his defence he had a bad injury and HAS been played out of position, but even allowing for all that his overall game screams that his time is done at this level, his performance at Sunderland in particular was awful to be fair.

To sum up these three players are probably costing circa £50 k a week in wages , but are of little use to the first team, but again our recruitment / CC are more at fault than the players in question who by and large have always TRIED but for the vast majority of performances fall short of the quality needed.

• Like 2

None of our players are perfect, If they were they wouldn't be playing for us. 

Once we accept that they are all going to make mistakes and have bad games maybe we can comment without the vilification that is endemic among our fan base. We have some good players at this level, some average and some less than that. Every club in this league is the same.

Players are signed by the club and want the best wages they can get, that's perfectly reasonable on their part. If we pay a player £30k and his performances seem poor value at that wage level that is down to the club either picking the wrong player or over paying on wages. Provided the player is doing his best it's not his fault if he isn't up to that standard.

If I was on £500 per week and someone offered me £5000 to do the same job elsewhere I'd be chuffed, I wouldn't turn it down. If I wasn't worth £5000 I'd do my best but they recruited me, it's their problem.

Each club has a finite amount of money, they decide they want a great forward and pay a lot of money for one it means they have to cut costs somewhere else, if they pay top dollar for a midfielder maybe the fullback has to be a cheap option. It's the club choosing the priorities not the substandard full back.

Can we try to get behind our players and support them. Nothing wrong with saying someone had a bad game if they did but please hold back on the vicious comments. Nothing wrong with saying X had a bad game but suggesting someone is a disgrace/ wants shooting/stealing a living is going too far.

40 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I'll be honest I don't really rate Fox at all, but he was up against a winger Wolves have just paid £20m for. Most full backs in this league would struggle against Traore and Costa.

Careful a sensible post.

Agree, some of our players are not the best, so accept it same at all clubs. Just don't get all the abuse they get. Comments like stealing a living etc, think it was us who offered and agreed to pay the money. If Jos does not think they are good enough then he won't play them, reality is we can't just play all the kids as getting hammered by a PL team would do their confidence the world of good.

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dump him in the u23’s for the rest of the season till his contract is up 

Must be awful to play with - give a young lad a chance instead of this idiot, awful player

I wouldn't wish him on the pigs u23's let alone ours.