Fox? Seriously wtf

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's getting daft, isn't it?

This rush to criticise our own players after every single loss has just turned into an exercise in baseless hyperbole, to be honest.

A poor footballer playing like a poor footballer isn't a 'disgrace'; he's just a poor footballer.

Ignore everything else in the thread. This answers it for me.

Thought jones put himself about and wasn’t too bad. Fox is garbage. Where he lacks in quality he doesn’t even make up for it with effort. I didn’t see him get out of second gear in any run. Nor did I see him pass with any purpose. 

Pooh Pooh 

21 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

The two players who’ve done him tonight total £33m. Yet we’re blaming 500k back up charlton utility defender fox. Some of our fans need to accept that we don’t have world beaters in every position, nor will we have for foreseeable future! 

Dc was too busy splashing the cash and giving clueless an endless supply of forwards to ignore... 

While all the while ignoring the blatant need to splash the cash on some quality defenders... 

Clueless is also not blameless in this as any half successful manager knows to be successful you build from the back.. This is WHY jos is now stuck with playing fox, Palmer and/or throwing the kids in... Give jos a break he's stuck with what he's inherited, no wonder he's giving the youths a chance becouse you look at his defensive options WE SOMEHOW PAYED MONEY FOR!! and we'll what do we expect.....

Edited by shezzas left peg

35 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Fox is an utter disgrace, so are Jones and Boyd but my god Fox is just terrible

I thought Jones was decent tonight tbh, I'd even go as far as saying it was one of his best games in a Wednesday shirt. Although I know that's not really saying much... 

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's getting daft, isn't it?

This rush to criticise our own players after every single loss has just turned into an exercise in baseless hyperbole, to be honest.

A poor footballer playing like a poor footballer isn't a 'disgrace'; he's just a poor footballer.

He’s only a disgrace if he doesn’t try. It’s not his fault if he isn’t up to it and booing etc will just make matters worse. 

Both goals came from him being in position to challenge and just leaning on the forward. For what its worth the penalty looked harsh but he'd put himself in the position where he had to dive in cos of his shoulder barge half hearted attempt at a challenge. 

1st half he did OK though, I said towards half time that he'd looked more solid. Slating him during the game doesn't help. Venting anger on here changes nowt. I trust Jos not to use him again until he's up to speed if possible. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Both goals came from him being in position to challenge and just leaning on the forward. For what its worth the penalty looked harsh but he'd put himself in the position where he had to dive in cos of his shoulder barge half hearted attempt at a challenge. 

1st half he did OK though, I said towards half time that he'd looked more solid. Slating him during the game doesn't help. Venting anger on here changes nowt. I trust Jos not to use him again until he's up to speed if possible. 

Spot on

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He’s only a disgrace if he doesn’t try. It’s not his fault if he isn’t up to it and booing etc will just make matters worse. 

He didn't really try with the 2 challenges, but he'd worked hard to get alongside and stay with his man. He just did a little shoulder barge and bounced off for some reason. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Lets not blame Fox in isolation for the penalty.  Yes, their winger gets round him more easily than perhaps he should've done, but then the rest of the team also allow him to travel unchallenged for ~30 yards, past 2 defenders inside the area before Fox has to put a challenge in to stop the kid scoring anyway.

As has been said further up the thread, he's been done on 2 occasions tonight by players whose fees amount to 60x Fox's.  Further, he was sold short by our insistence on playing out from the back on several occasions which didn't help.

That being said, he was too weak in the challenge for the first goal, but I'm sure he'd be the first to hold his hands up and say as much. 

Owlstalk is hilarious. 

In one thread we have people calling Morgan fox a 'disgrace' because he's a poor player. Tries his best but he's just not good enough unfortunately. This seems to be ok.

Then we have another thread where people are supposed to be ashamed of themselves because they jokingly call another player 'Dave'. 

It's a strange place is this 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fully agree

Sorry pal but could not disagree more, he's nearly gone above Darren Potter in my acid test of **** house midfielders, saved only because he didn't match the three corner trick. 

Fox is poor, he's come from lower leagues and is out his depth. I'll never hold that against anyone.  This lad is on good money and has as good C.V, he totally bottled it tonight. Sideways, backwards and put young Lee in trouble on a few occasions, ala Potter's give it Spurr and get me ead down and run off so he gets the flak tactic.

We all see the game differently, that's what makes it so much fun at times, but this lad is woeful and needs binning. Jos got it right first time. 

And he wore a headband. That's worth a 4 out of 10 max as a starter.