Tonight’s attendance

Shows how the game has gone.

Only expecting 12-15k for a game against premier league opposition and only £10 to get in and the Kop being closed aswell.

Also it was £15 for the pre season friendly v Villarreal for a meaningless game , seems odd pricing to me.

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

I'm baffled why you've made this thread and are seemingly using it to hammer season ticket holders that aren't going tonight.

Yeah, bloody season ticket holders, like me who have spent £700 plus of our hard earned,

missing matches - what a disgrace! 

Call themselves supporters!!

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm fine yeah

It's just that we get told repeatedly that Season Ticket holders are the hardcore base of our fanbase, who support the club no matter what, and no matter who the opposition. That season ticket holders don't pick and choose their games, and that those who do pick and choose games aren't real fans etc etc

It's going to be real awkward for those who try saying that from now on if the season ticket holders boycott this game

Season ticket holders don't pick and choose their games - they put their money into the club from the start.

They ARE the hardcore of the support

Season ticket holders that don't attend tonight are not boycotting as cup games (as you are well aware) are not included in your season ticket.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but the more valid question would be asking how many non season ticket holders are going tonight as;

the price is highly discounted

It is against Premier League opponents 

They have not been for the last 3 home games

The season ticket holders are the one thing that makes me proud of the club at the minute

3 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Getting in for 17 quid when I pay 39...reckon I’m doin more to support the club tbh

Not turning it in to a d**k measuring contest, but how does you buying the odd ticket outweigh someone paying for a considerably more expensive season ticket?

• Like 1

Just now, Kanye West said:

Not turning it in to a d**k measuring contest, but how does you buying the odd ticket outweigh someone paying for a considerably more expensive season ticket?

The odd ticket? I go to just about every game...I 100% guarantee I spend more on Wednesday than the so called true fan st holders

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well after months/years of hardcore season ticket holders claiming they're uberfans and that those who miss games are scum of the earth I cannot possibly see how it could be as low as you claim it will be.

The season ticket holders will all be there, and then there's the casual fans or those attracted by the low price so should be rammed

:tango::tango:

If this match is included as part of the season ticket then they will count the entire season ticket base and add the roll-ups in which case the mole is a little light (in his calculations). If not then I think north of 10K would be decent. After all third home game in a row when people have just been on holidays is a stretch for many a budget.

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

The odd ticket? I go to just about every game...I 100% guarantee I spend more on Wednesday than the so called true fan st holders

Bragging about spending more on matchday tickets when you could save on buying a season ticket isn't anything commendable mate, it's stupidity lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Are you really genuinely puzzled or just fishing?

Cheap tickets for a midweek game in a competition nobody takes seriously until the quarter finals. A cheap game which again we haven’t marketed other than on the website and to people who already attend.

When season ticket holders aren’t enthused by this fixture, what makes you think the ones who have fallen out of the habit will be drawn back in.

Was a genuine question. I really don’t understand why people wouldn’t want to attend especially when being priced out is such a big complaint. 

I hadnt realised that the competition being played in, competitor being played against etc, enhanced / reduced people’s support of their club. I often read how prices shouldn’t fluctuate based on opponent but guess this theory backs that idea. Also low attendance likely backs the pricing office when they state lower prices don’t mean bigger attendances. 

Id have thought people who are price sensitive that want to see us play would attend when they can, this being an example of that. It’s certainly how I did it growing up.