Tonight’s attendance

Guest Hillsborough Mole
17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm fine yeah

It's just that we get told repeatedly that Season Ticket holders are the hardcore base of our fanbase, who support the club no matter what, and no matter who the opposition. That season ticket holders don't pick and choose their games, and that those who do pick and choose games aren't real fans etc etc

It's going to be real awkward for those who try saying that from now on if the season ticket holders boycott this game

I'm none of those things

I buy one so I save money

Thread started off perfectly sensibly then immediately got super weird. Not sure I understand what point is being made or why. FWIW, I’m a STH and I’m going. But I’m going partly ‘cos it was cheap and I like watching Wednesday, I like cup games at night, and after Reading we’ve a fortnight break so I’m getting as much in as I can now. Wouldn’t blame anyone for going or not going though, STHs or otherwise. It’s a good price but a relatively unexciting fixture, and it’s midweek. Always bears repeating that lots of us don’t live within 20min (or even an hour) of the ground.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No chance

All the season ticket holders will surely be going so that's more than that just with them there.

Then the casual/pay on the gate crowd

Should be packed

Not necessarily a few of our crowd season ticket holders are not going they never bother with league cup games 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm fine yeah

It's just that we get told repeatedly that Season Ticket holders are the hardcore base of our fanbase, who support the club no matter what, and no matter who the opposition. That season ticket holders don't pick and choose their games, and that those who do pick and choose games aren't real fans etc etc

It's going to be real awkward for those who try saying that from now on if the season ticket holders boycott this game

It will certainly blow a huge hole in that theory if 10k season ticket holders don't back the team and the Chairman tonight.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It will certainly blow a huge hole in that theory if 10k season ticket holders don't back the team and the Chairman tonight.

It will certainly make for a different Owlstalk atmosphere the next time the Billy BigBollocks I'm Alright Jack season ticket holders start giving it large regarding all the 'part timers'

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm fine yeah

Nobody's bothered about league cup it's quite simple 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, bladeshater said:

Nobody's bothered about league cup it's quite simple 

Did you go to Wembley in 1991?

Would you go to wembley if we qualified this season?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

I'm there tonight pal as I was Saturday but the league cup has been drastically devalued over last 20 year's 

Crap innit

They need to stop messing about with the format of it. 

12 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Saddens me the devaluation of the League Cup

Its the only trophy Ive ever seen us win

Totally this. Other / younger fans don’t realise how big a deal it was winning it in 91. Pigs (unsurprisingly) downplay the achievement, despite getting all giddy when they reached the semis in 2003.

Anyway - 11k tonight including me and both kids (out of necessity rather than any great desire for me to bring them).

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Crap innit

They need to stop messing about with the format of it. 

Runs deeper. The big clubs are chasing the top four places. They'd rather come 4th than 5th and win even the FA Cup. Of the other fourteen, at very least eight will be worrying about relegation through to Easter. The top championship clubs are chasing promotion and only promotion.

I don't like it either.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm fine yeah

So who is boycotting the game?  How many games in how many days? Long BH weekend for some, back to work for others.  Surely for a cup game we are all POTG?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"