Tonight’s attendance

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

• Premier League opposition
  • Chance to progress in the cup
  • Forestieri, Fletcher etc playing
  • Exciting new youth players coming through
  • Night game (always a bit more exciting)
  • Tickets priced at a tenner and a fiver for kids

Not sure what the reasons would be for NOT going to be honest

I went but it depends how you look at it, all you say is true for some but others may look at like this.

Unattractive second string premier league opposition

Little chance to progress to next round (as proved) 

9 non first teamers playing

It's like watching our academy team (which is free).

Night game, (always more difficult to get to, less time in pub and later home for kids) 

Good prices, but the least attractive match to select for it.

3 matches in a week gets expensive. (N/a to s/t holders) 

Mickey mouse competition nowadays.

The club aren't really interested (all those changes) so why should I be.

I understand both sides of the argument,  fully understand why many aren't interested, also understand why people get frustrated others don't go whilst it's "cheap".

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps it is because of these sort of comments by you and others that there arnt as many as you would like. In the words of the great Aretha Franklin........R..E...S...P...E...C...T     the older supporters and you may just get the same back . 

I'm struggling to see why people can't see that it's evident this whole thread is exactly about that.

lol

If you read the comments and the statements I've made in this thread it's obvious. The whole thread is about respecting others, not judging others, not trying to come over as better than others.

Maybe it's too subtle

The whole thing is a sarcastic call for liberation from judgement

*bangs head on desk*

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm struggling to see why it's evident this whole thread is exactly about that.

lol

If you read the comments and the statements I've made in this thread it's obvious. The whole thread is about respecting others, not judging others, not trying to come over as better than others.

Maybe it's too subtle

The whole thing is a sarcastic call for liberation from judgement

*bangs head on desk*

Have you done this because you only go to home games in the Cup? That are played in August. On a Wednesday?

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I will agree to that so long as they don’t all start wittering on about “64 years I’ve supported this club. I’ve seen it all and I was there in the dark times of the lower divisions when we only had 8000 turn up and back then you couldn’t even get a tram to town because the Wednesday keeper was the driver and we all had to wait for him to get changed after the match and climb into his drivers seat in his uniform”

lol

(only kidding - I love the old stories. In fact i wish there were more of em on here for us younger fans to read about the old days)

I remember more about games in 1983 than I do last season tbh

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I will agree to that so long as they don’t all start wittering on about “64 years I’ve supported this club. I’ve seen it all and I was there in the dark times of the lower divisions when we only had 8000 turn up and back then you couldn’t even get a tram to town because the Wednesday keeper was the driver and we all had to wait for him to get changed after the match and climb into his drivers seat in his uniform”

lol

(only kidding - I love the old stories. In fact i wish there were more of em on here for us younger fans to read about the old days)

I find that those with a bit of history with club are people you can debate a subject with and not get some crap thrown at you if you cant agree on each others views …….obviously some of the younger posters don't want to know what went on back then and what pubs there drinking in at reading is more important to them . I understand that as they live in the now but be a sad day if the older posters stop recalling the days of yore .   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I find that those with a bit of history with club are people you can debate a subject with and not get some crap thrown at you if you cant agree on each others views …….obviously some of the younger posters don't want to know what went on back then and what pubs there drinking in at reading is more important to them . I understand that as they live in the now but be a sad day if the older posters stop recalling the days of yore .   

I think the stories of the history of our club are way more interesting than reading someone slate Nuhiu or Fox 

Owlstalk Shop

On 29/08/2018 at 06:28, mkowl said:

I never get this argument why would Wednesday fans be any different to every other club for the League Cup where every ground that Sky went to last night bar Wimbledon had vast empty spaces and I suspect the prices were the same.

The Cups are treated with contempt unless you get to the latter stages. If they don't treat them seriously then I am not paying to go.

Because their fans don’t turn every thread into a ticket price thread.