Tonight’s attendance

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Let's not forget wolves sold over 3000 tickets for this

Our gate was very poor if you consider they could have been excused for bringing 500

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

For me a club like Wolves is the absolute worst, least attractive kind of cup draw you can get.

An unfashionable, unglamorous Premiership makeweight who we have played in the league recently, who aren't good enough to interest neutrals but good enough to definitely beat us without massive effort.

But way better/more exciting than most teams in the Championship

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Let's not forget wolves sold over 3000 tickets for this

Our gate was very poor if you consider they could have been excused for bringing 500

Only because they want to guarantee points for games such as Man Utd / City / Liverpool away! It was just as unattractive for them. 

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

• Premier League opposition
  • Chance to progress in the cup
  • Forestieri, Fletcher etc playing
  • Exciting new youth players coming through
  • Night game (always a bit more exciting)
  • Tickets priced at a tenner and a fiver for kids

Not sure what the reasons would be for NOT going to be honest

Rubbish competition

Poor atmosphere expected due to low crowd

Its Wolves not Man City or Arsenal

Best players rested

I was away with work

This entire thread proves my point that no fan should ever score the 'uberfan' title by slating those who don't go to a game for whatever reason

Ultimately live and let live, drop the 'they'll come crawling back' nonsense and let's just all crack on together

If fans go to a game great, if they don't they have their reasons and don't

Everyone's a fan, but at different levels and none is better than the other.

Someone who goes to see every single movie at Cineworld is no better a person than those who only go every now and again, or those who go rarely. Same applies to football.

All these imaginary truefan status claims should be ended once and for all now after last night

End of

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone's a fan, but at different levels and none is better than the other.

Someone who goes to see every single movie at Cineworld is no better a person than those who only go every now and again, or those who go rarely. Same applies to football.

All these imaginary truefan status claims should be ended once and for all now after last night

End of

Fully agree, but you can't untwat a fool. 

People will always feel want to feel more entitled and important, it's the way of the human race. And it's trait that the Internet and social media exhasberate by creating platforms for people to be heard, and folk want to be 'more heard', and they want it to be known they know more, care more and love the club more than anyone else. 

My guess is 90% of folk don't really think about the issue most of the time, but it will always get focused down on a forum as we are all folk who think we have something to say. So more whingers, whiners and know it all's. You just need to step away from the keyboard sometimes. 

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Never mate.

Always find another excuse.

Tonight's range from it's only League Cup what's the point, to well if season ticket holders aren't going then I won't either.

If POTG fans want cheaper tickets then tonight would have been a great opportunity to show Chansiri but it wasn't taken.

Nobody needs as excuse you sausage.

31 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

No idea! I don't have to explain mine to anyone.

Have you just admitted to having an excuse as to why you didn't go, even though you said nobody needs one? 

lol

Don't care why people don't go, just commenting on the fact that people still find reasons and excuses not to attend even when tickets are cheap.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Have you just admitted to having an excuse as to why you didn't go, even though you said nobody needs one? 

lol

Don't care why people don't go, just commenting on the fact that people still find reasons and excuses not to attend even when tickets are cheap.

£15 is expensive for a reserve team match. They were about 20p weren't they?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

lol

No, I don't have an excuse just didn't want to go. I do hope that is ok with you. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's mad that the tables have fully turned last night and now everyone's asking why the season ticket holders boycotted this game.

I think the whole moral of this thread is simply for everyone to stop judging others, stop slating others, and just crack on with your own thing. 

There are many many reasons why people can't/don't go to games, and it's certainly not for one fan to judge another simply by the games they go to / don't go to.

I think you are being VERY insulting to us season ticket holders, who did go last night and there were plenty of us, believe me. I may have only paid five pounds to get in, but I travelled from near Liverpool, arriving home at midnight. I also bought refreshments and coffee in the ground.. You say we should stop judging others, so what the bloody hell are you doing ????? Somebody speak with forked tongue I think. Not good.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Always said I would be intrigued to know what percentage of our season ticket holders live an hour or more away. Or rely on public transport

I for one. Takes me the best part of 3 hours to drive over EVERY home game . From the Stoke game, I'm going to use the bus/train/tram for the journey, as its get tedious by car.

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Proves to me that POTG fans are just as important as season ticket holders.

We'll only have bums on seats with both.

About time the Alright Jacks and the Chairman accepted it too.

Maybe then our fanbase can be a bit more unified.

Every Sheffield Wednesday fan is important, whether they attend or not, whether they are s/t holders or not. There should never be any them and us, its bad and its wrong. Those that don't attend, so long as they speak well of the club, can spread goodwill or their history/folk lore, from times when they did attend. Make sure kids are brought up right too. Others that can't afford it, well I hope (sincerely) that your circumstances may change and you can go to some games from time to time. We are all equal....end off.

7 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

I think you are being VERY insulting to us season ticket holders, who did go last night and there were plenty of us, believe me. I may have only paid five pounds to get in, but I travelled from near Liverpool, arriving home at midnight. I also bought refreshments and coffee in the ground.. You say we should stop judging others, so what the bloody hell are you doing ????? Somebody speak with forked tongue I think. Not good.

Read the whole thread and not just a single post mate - you'll suss it out as the thread unfolds before your eyes

Owlstalk Shop

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Read the whole thread and not just a single post mate - you'll suss it out as the thread unfolds before your eyes

I had read the whole inane thread "mate"...and what I read from your contributions are mainly sarcastic innuendo riddled rubbish, which proves absolutely nothing, about ALL season ticket holders opinions about fellow fans. You are trying to tar all season ticket holders with the same brush, which is insulting, like I said. Don't try and pigeon hole everyone just to score points.