Sheffield Wednesday vs Wolves (League Cup MDT)

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fox, Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones, Fletcher and Forestieri, with Nuhiu off the bench, that’s not a bunch of kids Much to do over the next three days

Well yeah, if you list the ones that aren’t kids then you’ll get a list of players that aren’t kids. Ignore the rest though if you think it will make a point.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well yeah, if you list the ones that aren’t kids then you’ll get a list of players that aren’t kids. Ignore the rest though if you think it will make a point.

Ok, so what was the average age of the side then?

Only players with any credit tonight for me where. Fletcher,Forestieri,Baker and Nuhui. Fox,boyd,Jones awful. I thought Hutchinson looks like he is nursing another injury and looked very shaky. Poor performance fairly even first half but was so easy for them second half we are so slow to move the ball from back to front. Hey ho its the cup but rather in all honesty had a real go and lost 0 3.

Edited by MEGMAN82

Kids showed the first team players up today, even the ones they were playing alongside. Hopefully they’ll keep that hunger and fight for a first team place in a league match, and buck up the ideas of some of the regulars who perhaps aren’t putting in 100%. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You want me to do a whole bunch of googling so that you can try and make out we didn’t field a bunch of reserves?

Naaa you’re alright ta

I didn’t say reserves, I said it wasn’t just a bunch of kids

Just now, gurujuan said:

I didn’t say reserves, I said it wasn’t just a bunch of kids

Nice one, and I’m saying there was a bunch of kids that you’ve just decided to ignore. Bizarre that you’re calling for quality new signings really. Seems like you’re also saying we should be able to throw in a load of reserves and beat a prem team. May as well save some brass.

40 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

6-0 and 5-0 (can’t remember which order) were my last two visits to the Madjeski.

I quite liked Berkshire. Some lovely biking roads out Andover way too.

I never knew you were from there... I always thought you were a librarian doing the book thingy.. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fox, Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones, Fletcher and Forestieri, with Nuhiu off the bench, that’s not a bunch of kids Much to do over the next three days

No?

Baker, Neilsen, Lee, Preston, Wildsmith(?), with Stobbs and Kirby off the bench.

How many do you need to agree that we fielded a bunch of kids.:picnic:

Even if you are playing a better team, in a cup match, you want to come away feeling like your team had a right go.  There was none of that tonight.  Devoid of pace, tactics and ideas.  I don't know where the three shots on target came from.  The only one I can recall was the deflected header in the first few minutes.

For all Jos's talk of passion yesterday, I didn't see much evidence of it tonight.  Really disappointing but you can't blame the kids, it's down to tactics for me.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Nice one, and I’m saying there was a bunch of kids that you’ve just decided to ignore. Bizarre that you’re calling for quality new signings really. Seems like you’re also saying we should be able to throw in a load of reserves and beat a prem team. May as well save some brass.

I’m not at all, regarding the players involved, yes of course it wasn’t our strongest side, but 8 of those players on the pitch, have already appeared in our league side this season No, I would have played a stronger side and looked to pick up a premier league scalp Hopefully we will bring in 2 or 3 players of quality this week, and try to ship out some of those on display tonight

5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

No?

Baker, Neilsen, Lee, Preston, Wildsmith(?), with Stobbs and Kirby off the bench.

How many do you need to agree that we fielded a bunch of kids.:picnic:

Did Kirby even get on? So 2 teenagers on the pitch, hardly a bunch of kids is it

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Oh do calm down.

Its clearly not a priority - we aren’t realistically going to win it and I’d rather have a fully fit squad focussing on either a) keeping us in the division or b) or getting us out of it.

Cup runs are fine but they are not as important as the League - bread and butter and where we have most chance of making a mark each season, one way or another.

Sorry, have to disagree.

The league we are in is important to the owners as it generates more cash the higher league we are in, I would support the owls regardless.

My best day being an owl was our 91 cup win... And try telling the fans of Wigan, Portsmouth, Swansea, just to name a few that cups are not important.

Just got back. Everyone was as flat as a fart around me all game in the South Stand, but I tend to get a bit more animated when things aren’t going right. I know I partly expected the loss, but a few observations;

I pray to god we don’t drive FF out the club, being forced to play with that lot and the youth team. He showed again tonight that he’s the best player at the club, against some decent Wolves players, and our team being devoid of any PACE. He tackled more than any other player, tracked back and showed flashes of real skill.....he stuck out like a sore thumb. There was little or no supply so he felt he had to do it all himself, like Bannan sometimes does. He’ll knacker himself out when we should be protecting our best players for the league.

What did Jo’s think was going to happen against Traore, what were his tactics to stop him after he destroyed Fox last season, did he and Bullen have a plan? Don’t get me wrong - Fox actually had a blinding first 30 mins, and any team would struggle against his pace, and we did put some tackles in, BUT, we gave him free reign until he finally destroyed us.

Oh yes.....and where was any midfield creativity in that team for the forwards? Nope...me neither.

Finally, most of the kids did well.

17 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Just got back. Everyone was as flat as a fart around me all game in the South Stand, but I tend to get a bit more animated when things aren’t going right. I know I partly expected the loss, but a few observations;

I pray to god we don’t drive FF out the club, being forced to play with that lot and the youth team. He showed again tonight that he’s the best player at the club, against some decent Wolves players, and our team being devoid of any PACE. He tackled more than any other player, tracked back and showed flashes of real skill.....he stuck out like a sore thumb. There was little or no supply so he felt he had to do it all himself, like Bannan sometimes does. He’ll knacker himself out when we should be protecting our best players for the league.

What did Jo’s think was going to happen against Traore, what were his tactics to stop him after he destroyed Fox last season, did he and Bullen have a plan? Don’t get me wrong - Fox actually had a blinding first 30 mins, and any team would struggle against his pace, and we did put some tackles in, BUT, we gave him free reign until he finally destroyed us.

Oh yes.....and where was any midfield creativity in that team for the forwards? Nope...me neither.

Finally, most of the kids did well.

I said in another thread I think one of the most frustrating things tonight was whenever we got into an opportunity to create a chance we seemed to be static, no idea, and eventually would pass all the way back to our back 4 eliminating our own attack. Even on the break the players would seem to press up at snail pace, I remember at some point in the first half Forestieri won back the ball outside our box, carried the ball forward with a perfect opportunity to catch them on the break and we had 3 players jogging foward without as much as breaking a sweat, this giving wolves time to track back and defend in numbers.