The Abdinator!

Abdi hasn't been injured for 2 years

What's happened i don't know - but i do know he hasn't been injured for much of the time we have been led to believe he was

But regardless he has been out of football for nigh on 2 years and whether he can come back and be the awesome player he was 2 years ago is questionable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The last two seasons, Hooper and Lee have missed a huge number of games but they will be just fine and Abdi won't? Some interesting logic there!

League appearances over last two season:

Abdi 16

Lee 36

Hooper 47

Theres a key difference.

Lee and Hooper have shown countless times they can deliver for us at this level, Abdi never has. 

By the way, I asked the ex-medical staff member who told me Hutchinson was a massive diva why Abdi hasn’t played more his words ‘because he’s poo’

Just now, McRightSide said:

Theres a key difference.

Lee and Hooper have shown countless times they can deliver for us at this level, Abdi never has. 

By the way, I asked the ex-medical staff member who told me Hutchinson was a massive diva why Abdi hasn’t played more his words ‘because he’s poo’

Abdi showed countless times for Watford he could, both at Championship and Premiership level. He hasn't ever been given a proper chance here and in all honesty it's now probably too late.

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Abdi showed countless times for Watford he could, both at Championship and Premiership level. He hasn't ever been given a proper chance here and in all honesty it's now probably too late.

He hasn’t showed he can do it for us though. He’s been here two years.

sonetimes players just don’t fit

Just now, McRightSide said:

He hasn’t showed he can do it for us though. He’s been here two years.

sonetimes players just don’t fit

Agreed, and sadly sometimes they're not allowed to.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The last two seasons, Hooper and Lee have missed a huge number of games but they will be just fine and Abdi won't? Some interesting logic there!

League appearances over last two season:

Abdi 16

Lee 36

Hooper 47

Since joining Wednesday Abdi has only played two Championship games where he has managed a full 90 min,they were the first two games of the 2016/17,Villa at home and Norwich away. 

In some of the other 14 championship games that season he managed less than 15 min per game.

Last season he managed only 4 games, all less than than 90 min,his last game was on 3 March 2018 when he played 12min..

Hoopers record during his time at Hillsbrough is not much better, he has not kicked a ball in anger since 2017..

Kieran Lee has been a fine player during his time at Hillsbrough,

but I fear we may not see him again playing at Hillsborough...

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Theres a key difference.

None of us know what on Earth happened to this excellent Championship player and fairly decent Prem player when he joined us, but clearly something did. 

He isnt poo though. 

When he first came he had to oust one of the magnificent Bannan or Lee from CM, or be played in preference to Hutch, or the recently ex-Prem Jones, or be played out of position. He didn’t manage any of that. But he wasn’t poo.

The Abdi that played at Forest, or at home to Rotherham, showed in that game and a half that he could control a game. Jones, Joey, Preston and Reach can’t do that. 

Many fans wrote off Joao, Nuhiu and Matias. In each case, for different reasons, you could understand this. Unquestionably you can understand why Abdi has become a figure of fun here. But imagine having a fit and fired Abdi playing for us for 15/20 games in this challenging season. I really hope Jos can get inside his head, as he has seemingly done so well with Atdhe, Lucas and Marco.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

££££££££££££ Either way. I’ve had mates who have lost limbs in IED strikes and RTA’s and have gone onto be Paralympic champions or at least got back to an extremely high level of fitness. Bloke is simply weak. There is no way this is down to luck. 

As said, I prefer to see the good in people. I have to accept not everyone thinks like me

12 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Contract status...

David Jones, 10 months remaining.

Almen Abdi, 10 months remaining.

Barry Bannan, 10 months remaining.

Kieran Lee, 10 months remaining.

George Boyd, 10 months remaining.

Liam Palmer, 10 months remaining.

Gary Hooper, 10 months remaining.

Marco Matias, 10 months remaining.

Daniel Pudil, 10 months remaining

Morgan Fox, 10 months remaining.

Kieran Westwood, 10 months remaining.

^May have helped us with regards to P&S.

If you had typed “All the following players have ten months remaining “ it might have saved you three minutes of typing.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Treborowl said:

I actually broke my leg playing football on an icy playground with a crisp packet when I was 7.

Therefore I believe your report to be theoretically possible.

:rolleyes:

Yeh but do you think Abdi gets a sick note from his mum to get out of PE?

8 hours ago, scram said:

Abdi hasn't been injured for 2 years

What's happened i don't know - but i do know he hasn't been injured for much of the time we have been led to believe he was

But regardless he has been out of football for nigh on 2 years and whether he can come back and be the awesome player he was 2 years ago is questionable

That's absolutely mad, wtf has been going on??

15 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Piazon and hector arnt here, lee and hooper are miles away, palmer is cr@p, Abdi is worse! Apart from that its bang average!

So we have a crap full back who, on two successive games, literally puts his head on the line with goal line clearances, saves/wins us 4 points and he's still crap. Your bias against palmer is showing, Chiz.

I noticed that no-one chose either Penney or Thorniley in either side . Funny when they've played so well. How many posters on here are armchair, and not attenders?

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

So we have a crap full back who, on two successive games, literally puts his head on the line with goal line clearances, saves/wins us 4 points and he's still crap. Your bias against palmer is showing, Chiz.

I noticed that no-one chose either Penney or Thorniley in either side . Funny when they've played so well. How many posters on here are armchair, and not attenders?

Yes hes cr@p, just cos hes cleared a couple of the line it doesnt make him good enough!