Revenue Generation

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I suggested this a few years ago mate and was scoffed at as stupid 

'wrong aspect orientation of roof '  or something   I didn't agree then and still don't

great money saving idea  especially as we have the pitch growing lights on 

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Makes you wonder why they bothered at Ashton Gate 

image.jpeg.3cac3c21a279c60f1db31d1e6b0689d6.jpeg

Bristol City football club didn't pay for it.

It wasn't done to save / make money (which is the argument here)

The PV installation was funded by Bristol City Council via a Power Purchase Agreement which they are offering to all companies in Bristol in attempt to achieve their target of reducing the City’s carbon emissions by 40% by 2020 (compared to 2005), whilst also reducing the City’s energy usage by 30% in the same period. By 2050, the Council also target the City’s energy supply to be supplied entirely by renewable energy.

The current political representation on the council is:

Conservative 14
Green 11
Labour 37
Liberal Democrat 8

On 27/08/2018 at 10:42, Internationowl said:

I've considered this in quite some depth now, and i think it's because chansiri couldn't run a bath, let alone a profitable football club. Also if we did go down this route, we'd wee wee tail it right up, in a sort of calamitous Frank Spencer/Laurel and Hardy type fashion.

D409A943-5921-48BB-8FC7-1592928B503A.gif.bb520c8040f157cf4104e2deb36ee5e3.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, londonowl said:

And how big is this new business centre going to be? How much income would it generate?

I completely agree that the club has to explore new revenue streams but there has to be some value in it. Building a new stand that will sit 80% empty for 80% of matches so we can put in a business centre that raises £200k a year is not really viable.

I'm sure when the time comes to rebuild or move, non matchday income will be at the forefront of the planning but for now, we are working with what we have.

Was meant to be a joke. :duntmatter: