Revenue Generation

Guest Hillsborough Mole

7 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

There aren't any commercially economical batteries available yet. Tessla are developing and supposedly supplying some in the US but they arent available here.

Sunlamp usage is ideal though

Are you sure? - not sure it's economical but the tech appears to be there:

10 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ive never understood why we havent embraced solar panels on the roof of the stands as a way of generating revenue

A friend of mine generates around £80k a year in selling electricty back to the grid because his solar panels on his factory roof generate all the power he needs and more. His factory roof is nowhere near the size of just one of our stand roofs - Im sure we could generate enough electric at Hillsborough to give the club all the free electricity it needs an then generate revenue too.

Been done mate...back in the 60's.....

I was the youngster that pedalled the bike behind the old electric scoreboard....

We didn't have much money an' me dad had said

"Half a crown is totally f.ookin' ridiculous for POTG!!!"

I asked for a season ticket, but no way could we ante up £3:50!!"

So I approached Eric Taylor...wiv me bike...and me idea.

.He asked if I could type an' ride  at he same time..I said "No Problem "....So he made me ride me bike while typing "Grimsby" at the same time...

I typed "Frimsby"..He said ..

"Near enough you entreprenerioul f.ookwit.Get pedallin'"

The rest is history

Ive got it!!!!

The whole answer to the whole bloody shambolic fookwhitted stuff!!!

Credit to Nige for opening the question....but he didn't take it to the obvious ultimate conclusion.

Energy, the cost of Energy, the expense to the club ?

I have it!

I know we have about 200 bands of ticket prices....bundles, silver gold, platinum , Be- Ro cake mix membership etc,

We turn half the Kop...Or the North..or The South...into "Tread mill" areas....

Fans who can't afford to ante up for season tickets, membership etc....Simpl;y come an' jog on these treadmills for say..a tenner...(Sorry not the South....until we turn Knittin' into energy)

These aforesaid "Treadmills" generate, light, fuel the cookin'..jump start an Abdi!...Run the Tannoy....run the big screen.....

Save a fortune on Night games...midweek..get in early..start maybe a slow walk....Oppos go 1 up.....Stop f.ookin' walkin'..Lights go out..match abandoned!!!

I know its not yer finished article...but Its worth thinkin' about....

Mortgage lenders don't like solar panels that are leased because technically the home owner doesn't own their roof space any more. If you buy them outright then mortgage lenders don't care. Hopefully we wouldn't need to take a mortgage out against the stadium to raise capital.

11 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ive never understood why we havent embraced solar panels on the roof of the stands as a way of generating revenue

A friend of mine generates around £80k a year in selling electricty back to the grid because his solar panels on his factory roof generate all the power he needs and more. His factory roof is nowhere near the size of just one of our stand roofs - Im sure we could generate enough electric at Hillsborough to give the club all the free electricity it needs an then generate revenue too.

Haven’t they stopped the subsidy that makes it worth while for businesses to cover large areas in solar panels? 

You’ll have to blame your heartthrob, George Osbourne for that.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Delivering ROI

Even with the significant cuts to FiT payments in earlier 2016 companies can still see an excellent return on investment.  We compare a high spec commercial solar panel install using European branded REC panels with a 25 year warranty and inverters with a 10 year warranty, by Mypower, from 2012 to 2017, based on 65% of the generated electricity being used on site by the business. This shows that businesses can buy low cost electricity and make excellent financial returns from solar: it’s just as good today as it was during the boom years of 2012-2016…

2012 2014 2017
Size 50kW 50kW 49.92kW
Number of panels 200 x REC
250w
200 x REC
250w
192 x REC
260w
Electricity produced: Year 1 48,000 units
(kWh)
48,000 units
(kWh)
48,000 units
(kWh)
Supply & installation costs £66,000 £60,000 £43,000
FiT subsidy 13.5p/unit 12.1p/unit 4.25/unit
Income and savings: Year 1 £10,620 £9,979 £6,702
Return on investment: Year 1 16.1% 16.6% 15.6%
Payback 6.2 years 6.0 years 6.4 years

Average business electricity prices

– January 2017

9.8p/unit 10.4p/unit 13.0p/unit

Equivalent forward purchase price of

electricity for 25 years

6.2p/unit 5.6p/unit 4.0p/unit

Ben Harrison MRICS who heads up solar installers Mypower, explains “since 2012, average commercial electricity prices have increased by more than 30%. In May 2017 the UK’s big 6 energy suppliers will have advised their customers they will be applying at least a further 5-10% increase to their bills. In contrast, solar energy prices have fallen over time. Since 2012 the forward purchase price of electricity from solar has reduced by a massive 35%. This means with electricity prices rising and the reduction in installation costs, the achievable ROI in 2017 still surpasses 15%.

Ben Harrison MRICS has a vested interest...:rolleyes:

it is impossible to predict how much power will be generated, unless you can see into the future and foresee weather patterns many years into the future.

Right now solar power (without subsidies) is not viable in the UK, hence, since subsidies have stopped/cut so has the uptake.

As I've said before, there are very few public buildings with solar panels installed, the ones that are, are just a pr exercise.

The map below shows PV generation yesterday in MW...we are still in summer. Generation was next to FA...as it is most days throughout the year

1-map.jpg

9 hours ago, darklord said:

Sod solar panels, nuclear fission is the way forward

That's all we need some ejitt wanting to blow the stadium up and leave Sheffield radioactive for a generation, or did you perchance mean nuclear fusion? lol