Revenue Generation

Guest Hillsborough Mole

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You misunderstand

I'm not suggesting Mr C gets the ladders out, some tie wraps and does the work himself. Im suggesting he doesnt need to sign up for one of those long term contracts where you get your panels haevily subsidised by a company that take a share of your profits

Right, I thought you were suggesting buying the panels and just getting an electrical firm to install them.

I presume you mean pay outright for the company to supply and install, rather than pay off the cost from revenue earned ?

I suspect there may be an issue over the additional load bearing of the significant weight of the panels.

Im aware of a couple of people who haven't been able to sell their house as the buyers couldn't get a mortgage over this issue

Worth an investigation though I would have thought 

Was reading an article about solar panels a couple of days ago specifically about renting out your roof. In the article, it mentioned that how the money generated by the buyback scheme has been lowered periodically. It also said that it was stopped in April of this year. Not sure how accurate it being stopped is.

This is an idea that should be explored.

The subsidies which were available for doing this work are no longer around so may have to pay for work ourselves but you would think it would be worth while. If we owned the panels and equipement could easily move them if required. 

I am not certain about load bearing of the roof so that would have to be checked.

OP deserves credit for sensible suggestion, its a pity the failed comedians have to have their input.

Its a good idea the Keepmoat stadium did exactly this  and I think Barnsley also fitted a few to the stadium not only does it reduce the carbon footprint it’s  self sufficient in the long run ,

not sure if the government rebate on this runs out in 2019 so could take longer Over the long term to get back what you invest .

CAD82871-D965-40C3-8D91-8FC23ECAEC2D.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s a good idea in principle but it’s not as simple as installing the tech. 

The grid in and around Hillsborough can only take so much electricity, therefore the club wouldn’t be able to just install the panels and transformers and start selling the electricity back to the power company. In fact if the Hillsborough area was already at capacity they wouldn’t be able to install any panels at all. 

We should build a dam across the River Don and start generating hydro electricity.

What could possibly go wrong with that !

Serious answer is I have a client that does the heat source pump things, ok residential not commercial but could reduce costs. 

After all S & P can be chipped away at not just by revenue generation but cost reduction.  

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

When I saw the title of the thread I thought you were telling us about a new indie band!

Gave you a smile'y for that even though I dont know what an Indian band is.

• Haha 1