Wearing another teams top.

I saw hundreds of people in Ipswich Town tops on Saturday...... and nearly all in the home ends.   On closer inspection, the tops had Wednesday badges on.  Never understood why people buy non-striped shirts unless it's to use as old rags. But everyone to their own.  

• Thanks 1

I have a Wednesday shirt (era depends how I'm feeling) and my Italia 90 England shirt in my kit bag for 5 a side. 

Tuesdays game I'd normally my weds shirt. 

Fridays ss most of our lot wear white or England shirt, so Fridays the Italia 90 one. 

Rest of the time I don't bother wearing footie shirts, just when I'm playing, or when I used to help out with training when I was still with the ex missus that played for Ossett Town ladies, 

2 hours ago, jambler said:

Used to get loads when I was a kid/teen from the footballs stalls at 5 aside competitions. English, Foreign, national teams. But got rid. 

Now I have Wednesday shirts (wear my 90s orange away one the most), Sheffield FC (Blue one) and Vancouver Whitecaps.  

I still have my Whitecaps shirt from the early eighties in the old NASL days.

My youngest son always was a huge Beckham fan and has a named shirt for every team he played for as well as England shirts, he even named his dog Beckham.  The funniest was when LA Galaxy played Vancouver and he decided to Streak across the pitch ( this is the censored version)

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don't wear footy shirts anymore, but when I did I had a few foreign ones as well as Wednesday and England shirts....

National

Couple of Italy ones

Retro Platini France one (would possibly still wear that)

International clubs

Ajax away

A.c. Milan away shirts

Inter Milan

Lazio

Couple of Sanpdoria away shirts

I buy foreign shirts for the littl'un.

Go be honest you can’t fit in em anymore can you..

Maybe squeeze in  the platini one,..............went baggy int wash!

I've had loads of replica shirts down the years, but almost all of them were ours. The only exceptions have been England and shamefully that USA top from the 1990s (I think) which had the stars all over it.

When my brother bought the Waddle era Hummel Tottenham shirt for PE at school (because it was white), I was appalled.

• Like 1

Never had a English teams shirt other than Wednesday's. First one was the early 80's yellow bukta away shirt, and the most recent was the blue and white striped shirt from Chansiri's first full season. 

As for foriegn team's shirts:

1990 cccp away shirt

Panathinaikos home shirt

Netherlands away (white with red whie and blue diagonal stripe) 

And recently bought Trabzonspor home shirt in a show of solidarity with my father-in-law, amidst a sea of Galatasaray fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş! 

7 hours ago, theowlsman said:

As a kid I had a St.Ettiene shirt. I just liked the colour and design, it was different. 

I’ve also worn a Sheffield FC shirt on the odd occasion. It was given to me as a gift.

As a 10 year old, a United supporting relative bought me a Blades shirt. It went in the cat’s basket as bedding.

Hope you got rid of it on 5th November.

I don't much wear football shirts anymore but I do wear t-shirts or sweaters or hoodies of iconic retro players like the likes of Waddle; Baggio, Socrates, Valderrama, Roger Milla, Puskas, Cruyff, etc. I still collect retro Wednesday shirts but mostly just to collect rather than wearing but I do still wear Wednesday hoodies, recent and retro ones.

I would never wear or collect another British clubs shirt but being a fan of football as well as of Wednesday, over the years I've collected or wore many famous or iconic foreign club and foreign international shirts, among my personal favourites out of the ones I've collected are a Hungarian mighty magyars 1950s iconic white shirt; 1960s Lev Yashin Soviet Union goalkeeper shirt, 1970s Cruyff Dutch away shirt, Roberto Baggio's iconic Italia 90 shirt, a Napoli Maradona era home shirt and a Deportivo La Coruna home shirt from the year they famously won La Liga.

4 hours ago, owls7 said:

After reading all of this I don't feel so bad now still couldn't bring myself to buy a Weymouth top today even though non league.

On a side note I take it you live in waymouth, but I thought people had to be over 60 to live there ?