Wearing another teams top.

I have worn an old Wednesday top to Malaga matches, and sometime wear a Malaga hoodie to Wednesday games Don’t really wear football shirts, but I will buy the odd collectible one. No colours normally on match day, save maybe for an old London Owls badge. However, often when I’m travelling about, and see someone in a Wednesday top, I’ll feel the need to speak to them, and often they just think I’m taking the wee wee. I guess the need to make yourself known to another fan, stems from living away from Sheffield, where seeing a fellow Owl, in not a common occurrence 

For some reason in the early 80s, a certain stall in castle market sold the Luton Town shirt of the time for about £2!

Word spread until most of our entire class bought one just cos they were so cheap.

Next p.e lesson confused the crap out of our p.e teacher (who knew we were all Wednesday) as we all turned up in the latest Luton shirt.

lol

• Haha 1

for me the only footy shirts that aren't wednesday or england I can wear are local non-league sides or my foreign teams like fiorentina or celta vigo. i can rationalize that as ok and not some kind of treachery in my head. lol

• Like 1

Always try to buy one for a local or national team on holiday - got the Thai home shirt (i think it's home) this summer, AEK Athens last year etc.

Other than that I went through a phase of buying old football shirts on ebay if i liked the style - even got a Man Utd one

Nowadays, only wear Rangers other than Wednesday (buy Owls shirts most years)

As a kid I had a St.Ettiene shirt. I just liked the colour and design, it was different. 

I’ve also worn a Sheffield FC shirt on the odd occasion. It was given to me as a gift.

As a 10 year old, a United supporting relative bought me a Blades shirt. It went in the cat’s basket as bedding.

Like the retro tops from TOFFS...have a few Italian shirts V-neck from the the thirties/forties... Palermo, Venice and Fiorentina (was in Florence last year and a waiter came up and said 'that is a beautiful shirt')...also got a Dukla Prague (home kit...I like to be different)...of course I have the Wednesday ones as well. I've never worn any TOFFs English shirts...although I have been tempted by the Plymouth Argyle 70s away shirt. www.toffs.com

• Like 2

I collect continental shirts of teams that play in blue and white stripes, ie Porto, Deportivo la Coruna, Herta Berlin (had this before Jos arrived), and a few others

like to wear them for a change but still retaining the blue n' white stripes.

Some really nice shirts out there, check out ebay.                  :luhukay:

Used to get loads when I was a kid/teen from the footballs stalls at 5 aside competitions. English, Foreign, national teams. But got rid. 

Now I have Wednesday shirts (wear my 90s orange away one the most), Sheffield FC (Blue one) and Vancouver Whitecaps.  

Stopped wearing football shirts a while ago, but every now and then the missus asks me to put on a Blades shirt for the occasional BDSM session. You'd be surprised at how well it fits over a gimp suit.