Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rev Owl

His name is Atdhe...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

 

Exactly - so Big Dave it is then.

 

In our culture you don’t get to pick your own nickname (or, we didn’t at school)  - that would be daft.

 

Its given to you.

 

Its also in our culture that we are very polite and respects peoples points of view even if we don't disagree with them.  I would you remind you that most posters have left school and have also left simplistic childish concepts behind. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

Its also in our culture that we are very polite and respects peoples points of view even if we don't disagree with them.  I would you remind you that most posters have left school and have also left simplistic childish concepts behind. 

 

Nicknames don’t work like that I’m afraid. You’re given them - often as a term of endearment, but not always.

 

They get bestowed upon you - nothing you can do about it.

 

But, people on here, are appealing to people’s better sensitivities because he says it upsets him. Stop calling him “Big Dave”. The conscience police - on his behalf.

 

Good luck with that.

 

Erstwhile, most of us will continue to live in the real world. I suggest “Big Dave” learns to put up with it.

 

Bless.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

 

Nicknames don’t work like that I’m afraid. You’re given them - often as a term of endearment, but not always.

 

They get bestowed upon you - nothing you can do about it.

 

But, people on here, are appealing to people’s better sensitivities because he says it upsets him. Stop calling him “Big Dave”. The conscience police - on his behalf.

 

Good luck with that.

 

Erstwhile, most of us will continue to live in the real world. I suggest “Big Dave” learns to put up with it.

 

Bless.

 

 So you've spent ages typing something I already know.

 

I'm just intrigued as to why you feel the need not to do as he has asked.  If you could explain, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watson said:

 

But we're not discussing that Act, your deflecting again.  Nuhiu has asked politely and reasonably not to be called by that name.  Why do you feel the need to use a term which he has asked not to be used when referring to him?  

 

Where did he ask not to be called it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2018 at 01:12, Rev Owl said:

His name is Atdhe.  He doesn't like being called Dave. 

http://the72.co.uk/95216/atdhe-nuhiu-not-like-called-big-dave/

Still people on here call him Dave.  Still people at the match, who want to encourage him even,  call him Dave. 

I think it is hugely disrespectful. 

Atdhe isn't difficult to say.  'At dee' or 'Atti' seem acceptable.

Get your act together chaps and ladies please. 

BTW I have been a fierce critic of his in the past but TBF I can't fault his effort and under Jos his very positive contribution to the team. Let's show our support and respect. 

It's not banter if he finds it offensive. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Watson said:

 

 So you've spent ages typing something I already know.

 

I'm just intrigued as to why you feel the need not to do as he has asked.  If you could explain, please.

 

When we have justice for Barry Bannon’s Nannan, Carlton Palmer and Leon Clarke, then I might be more supportive.

 

His Nannan doesn’t have a caravan. Carlton never smoked marijuana and Leon, as far as I am aware, wasn’t particularly keen on chips and gravy.

 

I don’t know who is daftest, you lot appealing on his behalf or me, in answering.

 

The sensitive flower is supposedly upset at being called Big Dave - the world has gone mad.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

 

When we have justice for Barry Bannon’s Nannan, Carlton Palmer and Leon Clarke, then I might be more supportive.

 

His Nannan doesn’t have a caravan. Carlton never smoked marijuana and Leon, as far as I am aware, wasn’t particularly keen on chips and gravy.

 

I don’t know who is daftest, you lot appealing on his behalf or me, in answering.

 

The sensitive flower is supposedly upset at being called Big Dave - the world has gone mad.

 

All the above as far as I know didn't ask fans not to say such things.

 

Why can't you just answer the question is it so difficult?  You're accusing Nuhiu of been sensitive but you're coming across as been very butthurt yourself.  

Edited by Watson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Dave has said himself he hasn’t got a problem, but people love to fake outrage on here.

 

Can guarantee if we were sat in the pub talking about it none of this fake outrage would exist 

 

People just wanna start arguments and debates simply for the hell of it 

  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Big Dave has said himself he hasn’t got a problem, but people love to fake outrage on here.

 

Can guarantee if we were sat in the pub talking about it none of this fake outrage would exist 

 

People just wanna start arguments and debates simply for the hell of it 

 

 

No we don't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Watson said:

 

No we don't

You’re kidding right? Most topics on here are arguments over absolute trivial stuff that you probably wouldn’t argue about in real life, people just have a lot of spare time/bored 

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re kidding right? Most topics on here are arguments over absolute trivial stuff that you probably wouldn’t argue about in real life, people just have a lot of spare time/bored 

 

Yep

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2018 at 07:45, keefdave said:

Some reyt fannies on owlstalk

Genius comment. Have you ever seen a fanny (apart from on internet). Also your cryptic comment fails to identify the fannies. Are the people against calling Atdhe by his real name the fannies ?? Or just everyone who has posted on the thread (this includes you) How does a reyt fanny differ from just a fanny. Are you quoting the American version or English fanny. Pls don't answer I really not interested in your opinion after your post. It should not warrant a reply as my experience tells me nothing good will come from this but I think its only fair to give you something to think about if you considering posting similar posts again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF is wrong with Dave? That's what I want to know... As a Dave myself i find this whole thread hugely offensive (and a little pointless) :) 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

WTF is wrong with Dave? That's what I want to know... As a Dave myself i find this whole thread hugely offensive (and a little pointless) :) 

Its not his bloody name !!! wtf ffs. This thread should be pointless the fact it is not is disturbing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why daizan should find the thread offensive shows how sensitive some people are. Nobody has said anything derogatory against the name Dave but I sincerely apologise if I have unintentionally upset you. My only point is Atdhe prefers to be referred to by his real name. As supporters of the club he plays for I can not understand why anyone persists calling him by it. Its painfully obvious that this is way above some people and I am wasting my time. 

Edited by hirstys_achilles
spelling
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

 

Nicknames don’t work like that I’m afraid. You’re given them - often as a term of endearment, but not always.

 

They get bestowed upon you - nothing you can do about it.

 

But, people on here, are appealing to people’s better sensitivities because he says it upsets him. Stop calling him “Big Dave”. The conscience police - on his behalf.

 

Good luck with that.

 

Erstwhile, most of us will continue to live in the real world. I suggest “Big Dave” learns to put up with it.

 

Bless.

 

You don't know the meaning of the word erstwhile; it means formerly.

 

Thus, it is impossible formerly continue in the real world...

 

Get your vocab right and have enough respect to call Atdhe by his name, Atdhe.

 

It's not the 'conscience' police calling you out, it's the 'don't be an ignorant fizz' police.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

WTF is wrong with Dave? That's what I want to know... As a Dave myself i find this whole thread hugely offensive (and a little pointless) :) 

 

I presume if you're a Dave you like to be called Dave, if so you shouldn't find it offensive that Atdhe likes to be called Atdhe.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...