Westwood

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Is anyone still expecting him to leave before the deadline? Surely there are teams out there who would love to have him in their team yet there has been no rumours about anything being close. Strange really.

i'm sure there's some who'd want him but they may not fancy the money it would cost them...…. 

I think we are banking on selling him. He can't get injured if he's not playing.  Incidentally, I don't think we will be looking for the 3 million plus as some of us thought. 

I think we will deal for as little as 1 million. We'll want his wages gone and a keeper with less than 18 months on his contract (citation needed) and now 3rd choice keeper (no citation required) tells me we want rid and fast. 

Quite heart breaking when you consider what a key player he has been for us in the last 3-4 seasons. 

• Like 1

Particularly Westwood, but also Jones and probably Boyd, I'm sure they've all got the message loud and clear by now that it's leave on loan or see out the remainder of your contract mostly from the stands.

So they'll have no doubt activated their agents to get them another club - and yet they're all still here.

Jones and Boyd I expect we'll be stuck with, but Westwood ought really to be able to find himself a new club. Obviously his wages will no doubt be making it harder, but I still think he'll move this loan window (probably on the deadline day itself), and should Butland leave Stoke, that would be a natural destination for him, with the good news that the wages won't then be an issue.

maybe Westwood is refusing to move clubs or go on loan cos he likes it here. wants to play for his place and a new contract. if this doesn't fit with the clubs plans financially hence the fallout (if there is one). Now he is apparently not even training with the first team leaves him with a big decicion to make....move on again his will or rot all season. Seems like Jos or club has made their decicion if you ask me. Really sad when he has been outstanding for us, but, on the other hand this is the only position club can afford to do this on. in hind sight should not have signed Rhodes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

To be fair hes been treated like shiite, i feel sorry for him really!

How do ya kniw he been treated like s**** ive read plenty on here suggesting westwood is a bit of a n**

Father time catches up with everyone even goalkeepers and no interest is being shown in him. 

His last games for us were poor (I know some excuse was carrying injury but must have been from first couple of games). You can not play a player because he was outstanding 3 years ago.

2 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

To be fair hes been treated like shiite, i feel sorry for him really!

We don’t know what’s gone off though do we

Its common knowledge that Jos is big on discipline, there’s got to be a reason why Jones, Abdi, Westwood and to a lesser extent Boyd have been frozen out