Credit to Jos

Just now, N0rtherner said:

Honestly, winning games and seeing we're bringing forward talents from our academy makes me extra proud of how our start to the season is shaping up.

Step up and take a bow, Penney, Preston, Thorniley, Baker!

Indeed, the response of some players shouldn’t go unrecognised. 

1 minute ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

I agree As iv said in another thread, but the concern is if we play like that against a half decent team its not going to end well 

Milwall were unbeaten before they visited and the form team during the run in last season. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

2 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Making us sit through 70 mins of that today, yeah he’s deserves some right credit 

Yeah, if only he had more than £350,000 to spend and not lose eight players pre season and the the club were not involved in a massive cost cutting exercise. The bloke gets slagged when he wins matches in the fashion of last weeks wanted man Mick McCarthy, slagged when he loses matches and slagged when he wins matches for picking the wrong line up by chucking the kids in. He can't win with some of the fuckwits can he? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Yeah, if only he had more than £350,000 to spend and not lose eight players pre season and the the club were not involved in a massive cost cutting exercise. The bloke gets slagged when he wins matches in the fashion of last weeks wanted man Mick McCarthy, slagged when he loses matches and slagged when he wins matches for picking the wrong line up by chucking the kids in. He can't win with some of the fuckwits can he? 

The squad he has available to him right now is more than capable of putting a performance in against a poor Ipswich side, instead we make them look like the Home team, bossing possession, but that’s acceptable to you is it? Guess you wernt in attendance 

How can you have a go? Well for me today he had the players out there who can play skillful football yet we played more bang it upfront and chase it.  Having said that best start to a season for a few seasons, so what do I know?

It didn't suit Matias's game but he manfully chased backed and did his defensive duties, a bit of a waste in my eyes, he should be upfront not worrying about defensive duties, he's an attacker.  

Bannan played to deep, Pelpessy and Reach should have covered that area as they are both capable of doing so.  

If we are to go more negative than fair enough he knows better than I do. But I do wish he would let the buggers off the leash.

I have had a few drinks so please take that into consideration. HICK

1 minute ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

The squad he has available to him right now is more than capable of putting a performance in against a poor Ipswich side, instead we make them look like the Home team, bossing possession, but that’s acceptable to you is it? Guess you wernt in attendance 

Bullquack. We have / had an unbalanced injury prone ageing squad, the options up front are very good, the options in midfield are average, the options in defence are poor. Jos has given the kids a go in defence (and the previously discarded Palmer) and they have come off in the last two games.  Anyone  predicting a back four consisting of Penney, Thorniley, Lees and Palmer would have performed so well in the last two games should be involved in some capacity down at Hillsborough. 

Yeah I was there and I saw the game for what it was, two poor sides on the day. I also saw a season of mainly poo dour home performances inder CC take us to 4th in the league.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Honestly, winning games and seeing we're bringing forward talents from our academy makes me extra proud of how our start to the season is shaping up.

Step up and take a bow, Penney, Preston, Thorniley, Baker!

Don't forget Dawson