Slightly worried...

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Unfortunately I hold DC more accountable for the current clusterfook than Carlos.

Carlos damaged us badly in the short term. It could take 10 years to recover from DC's fantasy football debacle.

I disagree CC and Agents have to carry blame. DC not brought up with football so has to rely on others. Also has admitted mistakes made but if you had been ripped off for many millions you are unlikely to admit publicly the mess for loads of reasons. 

I do know we were lucky to get anyone with cash who was prepared to invest unfortunately this chap got tied up with wrong mob. 

CC damage will last another couple of years at least and his aversion to young players hampered recruitment and soured others..

43 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Great result today. Last 2 games are exactly what we needed. I am however concerned about Jos man management of the players... it seems a bit of a dictatorship. Example Forestieri on the bench. What is he trying to prove ? I understand the keeper situation but we are missing Westwoods leadership.

he's a bleedin manager, he's managing 

38 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

2 wins after all is all that matters but how we played today if we do that against a half decent team (of which there is a fair few in the league) we will get smashed to pieces, that’s the concern 

I've just had thought, maybe we play a different starting line up against the Barcelonas of this league...hoping he's reading this, cos it might not have crossed his mind

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Unfortunately I hold DC more accountable for the current clusterfook than Carlos.

Carlos damaged us badly in the short term. It could take 10 years to recover from DC's fantasy football debacle.

Hold on didn't DC wipe out the debt built up from the previous 15 years of ' fantasy football debacle' running of the club. Meaning for the first time in years SWFC was not paying back ridiculous interest rates from money loaned to the club through previous chairman. CC did what most managers do when people and players lose faith after 2 seasons and want a change in the hope of changing fortunes. No damage was done apart from finishing in play off positions in 2 seasons. The championship is full of clubs spending more than they should to get promotion. Every club makes a financial loss hoping to make the prem. This is why the league brought in Profit and Sustainability rules. DC can afford to spend on the club but the league p and s rules wont let him. As for 10 years to recover don't we have the best crop of youngsters for a long time. ?? If you dislike DC so much what is your opinion on other swfc chairman from the past ????

2 hours ago, ES6owl said:

I understand where the OP is coming from, we all want a stern leader but at the same time we all no how easy it can be to upset players. It’s a fine line, and I do think a little bit the Jos is flirting with it. For me man management is crucial. There all different, what gets the best from one player won’t work for the next. All this said jos is doing something right as where winning. He’s got a tough job on his hands to say the least..!!

See I look at it in a slightly different way.

If the man who picks the team can't instil discipline then the whole squad suffers as a result, whether it's being slack with training or constantly picking players on reputation.

I think a lot of our team selection at the moment is down to player's being 100% fit and this could be why we are seeing some of the more senior players in the squad nowhere near the first team at the moment, which is right.

Why would/should a manager pick a player that cannot be guaranteed to either complete 90 mins or be able to give their all?

3 hours ago, debram said:

spot on, couldnt believe it, was doing my nut in.

Jos would have been even more worried. He has to think of wolves on tues and reading on sat. After so many games in a short space of time. Managing a squad is much more than it appears to just playing your best players all the time regardless. Give Jos a break, I can't think of a better way of rotating players than he has done.

8 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

See I look at it in a slightly different way.

If the man who picks the team can't instil discipline then the whole squad suffers as a result, whether it's being slack with training or constantly picking players on reputation.

I think a lot of our team selection at the moment is down to player's being 100% fit and this could be why we are seeing some of the more senior players in the squad nowhere near the first team at the moment, which is right.

Why would/should a manager pick a player that cannot be guaranteed to either complete 90 mins or be able to give their all?

I agree about it, but just in certain cases I do think players need managing differently if that makes sense. I get if there not fit and can’t complete 90 mins etc. I think it’s great what’s happening with the young lads coming through aswell. It’s just when you hear things like he drops players for been a minute late to training. I don’t no if it’s a little bit of biting your nose off to spite your face kind of thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ES6owl said:

I agree about it, but just in certain cases I do think players need managing differently if that makes sense. I get if there not fit and can’t complete 90 mins etc. I think it’s great what’s happening with the young lads coming through aswell. It’s just when you hear things like he drops players for been a minute late to training. I don’t no if it’s a little bit of biting your nose off to spite your face kind of thing.

The players had it way too soft under Carlos. If Jos has gone to the other extreme (no idea if he has) then great, I’m 100% in support. 

If he sets clear and fair rules, and applies them rigorously, we won’t go far wrong.

I still think fans would moan if Jos was the man to lead us to the promised land. Just because he doesn't come out with silly little analogies and phrases, and shout and bark on the touch line, people think he is a bad manager. 

In fact he is doing a sterling job, with one hand tied behind his back. Dealt an over aged, over paid bloated squad that are over the hill. He is trimming it down to size, lowering the wage bill and intergrating youth which has happened for years 

give the guy a break 

WAWAW

8 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Jos would have been even more worried. He has to think of wolves on tues and reading on sat. After so many games in a short space of time. Managing a squad is much more than it appears to just playing your best players all the time regardless. Give Jos a break, I can't think of a better way of rotating players than he has done.

Ok I get your point but it only seems to be certain players, what about bannan, lees etc etc, he doesnt rest them.

I'm 100% behind Jos with all this. Unfortunately despite what many may think the likes of Sam Hutchinson and Fernando Forestieri are not bigger than Sheffield Wednesday, we have had far superior players in the past and no doubt will do in the future. 

No player should be a certain to start, ever. 

If you're not coming up with the goods, you don't play. This only encourages the players to put in that extra 10% and work harder. 

Steven Fletcher for example has worked harder for the team in his last couple of games than Iv ever seen him do. 

Players with a point to prove are far better than players who are just comfortable, which is why the likes of Dawson, Thorniley and Penney have come in and done so well. 110% effort. We've got many senior pros at our club that the same can't be said about. 

14 hours ago, terryowl said:

If he (Jos) has no favourites why does he keep playing Pollipussi, as he was very poor again and not fit to fill Sams boots.

Have you watched Hutchinson In the last year and a bit ? The few times he’s actually been available he’s been utter toilet . As I keep saying , deadwood. 

I love after two wins people are moaning . We are a mediocre side run by a clueless owner . Two wins on the spin are fantastic , however they arrive. The sooner people realise we are a bottom half team the better . Well done jos, I for one am relieved we have a manager with a brain finally .

thinks to process ....

lee and hooper aren’t coming back 

Hutchinson doesn’t warrant a place in the 11 

westwood isn’t the worlds best keeper and isn’t hard done to.

we aren’t promotion candidates ....

Thanks 

Guest Willow Owl
14 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Thread is not about Chansiri though is it? 

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Hold on didn't DC wipe out the debt built up from the previous 15 years of ' fantasy football debacle' running of the club. Meaning for the first time in years SWFC was not paying back ridiculous interest rates from money loaned to the club through previous chairman. CC did what most managers do when people and players lose faith after 2 seasons and want a change in the hope of changing fortunes. No damage was done apart from finishing in play off positions in 2 seasons. The championship is full of clubs spending more than they should to get promotion. Every club makes a financial loss hoping to make the prem. This is why the league brought in Profit and Sustainability rules. DC can afford to spend on the club but the league p and s rules wont let him. As for 10 years to recover don't we have the best crop of youngsters for a long time. ?? If you dislike DC so much what is your opinion on other swfc chairman from the past ????

Chansiri did not clear the debt  or save the club in anyway. 

Chansiri came in when Wednesday were on an even keel financially from Manderic.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Have you watched Hutchinson In the last year and a bit ? The few times he’s actually been available he’s been utter toilet . As I keep saying , deadwood. 

I love after two wins people are moaning . We are a mediocre side run by a clueless owner . Two wins on the spin are fantastic , however they arrive. The sooner people realise we are a bottom half team the better . Well done jos, I for one am relieved we have a manager with a brain finally .

thinks to process ....

Thanks 

Hutch doesn't seem the player he was.

Injuries catching up ?

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

thinks to process ....

Thanks 

Nail on the head mate. Things Iv been saying for a while! 

I dont get this theory that players should be playing because they there good 2 years ago or because they once knocked a pin point 70 yard pass. 

Each player should be playing on merit. 

• Thanks 1