Ipswich Goal

1 minute ago, No Uniform said:

Player who scored definitely wasn't. However the player who was definitely had an effect on Dawson's positioning. Should have been given offside for that 

This was my initial thought but like i say i haven't seen the replay just real time where the player offside looked to make a move towards the ball.

Guest Maxine
10 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I couldn’t believe even after seeing a replay of the goal, thousands of fans still couldn’t see it was the correct decision. 

:Pelupessy:

I totally agree  definitely not off side.

Edited by Maxine

Just now, full fathom five said:

This was my initial thought but like i say i haven't seen the replay just real time where the player offside looked to make a move towards the ball.

This.

Watched the replays and the player in the offside position initially makes a move to the ball causing dawson to move to cover him. He is then caught out of position by the "Goal scorer".

Offside...

Disagree with the law but it is the law!. I think its daft that a player is seen as not interfering  (or active) when he  has been lurking in the 6 yard box within 4 feet of the keeper when the ball is played in. However that is the way the  offside law is now. The goal was definitely not offside