Proper care of players - get used to it

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Haha is that what you call it ?

Call what? Resting players who have knocks and playing players who haven't got knocks and have proved easier to replace when missing in the last 3 years?

Yes. It is.

What do you call it?

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Oh but he does...

He's a proper wind up merchant is Jos.

Posts as bazapeps.

Come on we all know he's hacked Costello77's account. You can tell from tonight's posts under that name.

Usually Costello hasn't got a clue, tonight he's the guru. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I prefer the managers on here to make the decisions

I get your point but in my humble but correct opinion, if recruitment had been entrusted to me and Owlstalk after the play off final we would now be in the Prem.

We should have spent the budget on top loans or purchases of Pace & a Midfield Enforcer (like Dalian and Carlton for older viewers)

instead we got a wodge of worthies in their thirties.

On some things I do think fans can see what the manager or the club don’t. Meanwhile, although I think he is quite quirky, I love that Jos is playing the youngsters and implicitly critiquing the second/ third season  Chansiri/ Carlos business model.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

We have games:-

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

Jos has mixed and matched and rested and eased back. We have won three and drawn one of the above 5 played.....and yet all many of us can do is moan and winge that Jos didn’t start this player or that player. 

We we just got rid of a manager that ran players dry, and when they were dry he ran them some more. We had one fit first teamer for a third of the season due to this approach.

Cut Jos some slack guys. He is managing a fragile set of players back to health. 

After Reading we get two weeks off. It will be brilliant if we get thru Tuesday and Saturday with no injuries, threatening the play-offs, and Winnall, Lee and Hooper a couple of weeks nearer action.

Im utterly delighted with our position and how we seem to be be managing our valuable assets like athletes rather than dray horses.

You are dam right ! sense at last. I could not agree more

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

We have games:-

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

Jos has mixed and matched and rested and eased back. We have won three and drawn one of the above 5 played.....and yet all many of us can do is moan and winge that Jos didn’t start this player or that player. 

We we just got rid of a manager that ran players dry, and when they were dry he ran them some more. We had one fit first teamer for a third of the season due to this approach.

Cut Jos some slack guys. He is managing a fragile set of players back to health. 

After Reading we get two weeks off. It will be brilliant if we get thru Tuesday and Saturday with no injuries, threatening the play-offs, and Winnall, Lee and Hooper a couple of weeks nearer action.

Im utterly delighted with our position and how we seem to be be managing our valuable assets like athletes rather than dray horses.

Plus Fessi with a niggle this past few weaks.....the coaching staff will have a plan for who plays which game as part of the above, they tend not to speak to it as it can lead to critisism, plus things can change all the time with injuries.

I think its best to say clearly you are managing resources across a lot of games in a short space of time, and sometimes you will see different selections to deal with the number of games, and also to best take advantage of the weaknesses of the opposition. I think Jos sometimes struggles with nuance in English and Trevor B needs to be super helpful here when briefing.

Nuhiu was clearly the plan for Ipswich, I expect a more dynamic front 3 is the plan for Wolves i.e. Fletcher, Jaoa & Fessi....assuming injuries don't get in the way of the plan......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plus Fessi with a niggle this past few weaks.....the coaching staff will have a plan for who plays which game as part of the above, they tend not to speak to it as it can lead to critisism, plus things can change all the time with injuries.

I think its best to say clearly you are managing resources across a lot of games in a short space of time, and sometimes you will see different selections to deal with the number of games, and also to best take advantage of the weaknesses of the opposition. I think Jos sometimes struggles with nuance in English and Trevor B needs to be super helpful here when briefing.

Nuhiu was clearly the plan for Ipswich, I expect a more dynamic front 3 is the plan for Wolves i.e. Fletcher, Jaoa & Fessi....assuming injuries don't get in the way of the plan......

Seems very obvious (apart from to some posters on here) that Jos is managing FF’s condition.

People on here have very short memories - we lost him for a big chunk of last season.

Jos deserves big credit for it - he was getting a lot of undeserved stick on here after 3 games. The easiest thing for him would have been to start FF against Millwall.

For once we have a manager that is not just thinking about the next game.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, prowl said:

Come on we all know he's hacked Costello77's account. You can tell from tonight's posts under that name.

Usually Costello hasn't got a clue, tonight he's the guru. lol

I will remain sage and silent.

Beans with fish tho.... there's curry sauce tomfoolery going off now.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If you start a partly fit player/s knowing you are going to sub him/them at half time, what happens if you have a couple of genuine injuries. You are up the creek without your proverbial paddle . Keep the better (partly fit) player/s for second half then you are covered if a genuine injury or 2 happens. 

I think I've made myself clear or have I? 

clear enough mate, I simply think differently, 

I am of the opinion against Ipswich and millwall for instance, you start your more dynamic players, 

hopefully take the lead, then manage the game, rather than chase it.

You can't fault Jos for the last 2 results, we won, performances are secondary, I simply think it could be tweaked better

The reality is that few teams play at a consistent level of intensity through 90 minutes. We can all think of games where we've started brightly and got ahead only to lose momentum.

It's a judgment call but in my view if FF is only able to play at high intensity for 30 - 45 minutes we are better off using him second half when play opens up anyway.

34 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If you start a partly fit player/s knowing you are going to sub him/them at half time, what happens if you have a couple of genuine injuries. You are up the creek without your proverbial paddle . Keep the better (partly fit) player/s for second half then you are covered if a genuine injury or 2 happens. 

I think I've made myself clear or have I? 

Agree with that. Bloke I know who's a Doncaster supporter was crying yesterday because they'd used all their subs then the keeper got sent off.

Not really bothered what Doncaster do though lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'll be surprised if he stays after this season.

Be even more surprised if he plays more than 10 more times for us.

Proper depressing.

What do you know about his situation to base that on?

Perhaps whatever it is you know ought to  be told to the medical staff at Hillsborough because they are wasting their expertise trying to get him fit !

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

The reality is that few teams play at a consistent level of intensity through 90 minutes. We can all think of games where we've started brightly and got ahead only to lose momentum.

It's a judgment call but in my view if FF is only able to play at high intensity for 30 - 45 minutes we are better off using him second half when play opens up anyway.

point taken, but he is also among the few players we have who is capable of being a game changer at any time during the 90 minutes

17 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Really poor OP; designed for plusses. Which you've got.

Your anti-ff agenda is transparent, predictable & boring to a few on here.

Yes some rotation is needed. But we need reasonable settled side & to play our better footballers.

Where's the 'anti-FF agenda' in the OP's post?

2 hours ago, the monk said:

What do you know about his situation to base that on?

Perhaps whatever it is you know ought to  be told to the medical staff at Hillsborough because they are wasting their expertise trying to get him fit !

All I know is that in 2 years he's had 2 very bad hip injuries that both required surgery, and had meant that since the start of the 16/17 season he's missed 15 months of first team football (of 24)

If he does return he wont be half the player he was before. He won't get a new deal in that case.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Where's the 'anti-FF agenda' in the OP's post?

Over many posts over the last couple of years.  And often the anti FF are unnecessarily snuck in.

Not much in the OP to be fair. But his anti FF has come back over the last week or so.

If yer interested look back on Wednesday night's  posts. HO tells us in 1 post that bannan pulled FF up for being lazy, he tells us in another that Bullen pulled FF for being lazy, in ANOTHER he tells us he doesn't think FF will be a regular starter. And the one that took the biscuit, was in a pro bannan (nowt to do with FF), all pro bannan yet HO decides to sneak in that FF isn't our main man it's bannan. No need; we won & FF had 20 mins.

It shouldn't; but it really irritates me.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to get it off my chest. Good therapy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

All I know is that in 2 years he's had 2 very bad hip injuries that both required surgery, and had meant that since the start of the 16/17 season he's missed 15 months of first team football (of 24)

If he does return he wont be half the player he was before. He won't get a new deal in that case.

Time will tell I suppose , hope you are wrong as I'm sure you do too 

44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Over many posts over the last couple of years.  And often the anti FF are unnecessarily snuck in.

Not much in the OP to be fair. But his anti FF has come back over the last week or so.

If yer interested look back on Wednesday night's  posts. HO tells us in 1 post that bannan pulled FF up for being lazy, he tells us in another that Bullen pulled FF for being lazy, in ANOTHER he tells us he doesn't think FF will be a regular starter. And the one that took the biscuit, was in a pro bannan (nowt to do with FF), all pro bannan yet HO decides to sneak in that FF isn't our main man it's bannan. No need; we won & FF had 20 mins.

It shouldn't; but it really irritates me.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to get it off my chest. Good therapy.

If anybody doesn't fancy reading all of that reply, here's the abridged version:

44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Not much in the OP to be fair.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1