Jos Luhukay tells it straight in the programme notes today

Guest Bulgaria

I guess that's why Jones, Westwood or abi are not anywhere near the first team... Obviously not doing enough in training or showing the right attitude.

Nor should they play based on past reputation alone, unfortunately our recent recruitment under the  previous management was purely  based on previous reputation (and a copy of Fifa 14)

Wednesday night has to be the new benchmark and anyone wanting to get back in the side needs to show they can offer more than the players currently in possession of a shirt.

The optimist in me hopes the first few league games were Jos proving a point to the players, fans, DC and we can now kick on

Edited by striker
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

How it should be.

Sam Winnall said Carlos had his favourites, that’s clearly not the case with Jos.

actually think it is the case but on a present form basis

being if you perform -you're my fav til you feck up 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A bit of a fib that, Dawson and Wildsmith are obviously picked ahead of Westwood because of their age There’s nothing wrong with looking to the future, but don’t come out with crap like that

You see them all at training do you?

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A bit of a fib that, Dawson and Wildsmith are obviously picked ahead of Westwood because of their age There’s nothing wrong with looking to the future, but don’t come out with crap like that

Dont agree, he says (we have nothing else to go on) that they merited being number 1 and 2 because of performances at the start of Jos's tenure, he hasn't seen

Westwood  play in a league match, only in training, he also said that these two players are young and the future of the club, completely different to what you infer.

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, you pick your best team.

With our defence we need as much experience as possible between the sticks.

I just think that Jos thought that Westwood would be going, so he prematurely told Dawson he'd be his number one.

Then when Westwood stayed, he felt he couldn't go back on his word.

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Personally I read it as Dawson and Westwood have proved themselves and have age on their side. Westwood hasn't been available to Jos until recently and he's the best person to judge who is in form.

43 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Obviously directed at certain individuals in an attempt at asserting himself.  This either goes one way or the other.  Let's hope it works out for him.

Don't think it is a matter of attempting to assert himself - he HAS asserted himself.

2 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Don't think it is a matter of attempting to assert himself - he HAS asserted himself.

Doesn't always come off.  Phil brown at hull, cloughy at Leeds, wilson here being just three out of lots of examples.  But let's hope the players respond positively.

3 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Obviously directed at certain individuals in an attempt at asserting himself.  This either goes one way or the other.  Let's hope it works out for him.

Pretty much how I see it. 

Been as we can't buy new stars;  it appears to be a pooe or bust statement.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's brave but could backfire.

I respect his decision making.

A needless statement Imo. (From JOS).

We only have 4 players; who could be considered names; FF, KW, BB & SF.

It's clearly not aimed at BB or SF. Westwood looks clearly out. Therefore FF.

What was the point?

19 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

A needless statement Imo. (From JOS).

We only have 4 players; who could be considered names; FF, KW, BB & SF.

It's clearly not aimed at BB or SF. Westwood looks clearly out. Therefore FF.

What was the point?

Just my opinion, but I think we are so dysfunctional as a club in terms of leadership and direction, that Jos is trying things.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Just my opinion, but I think we are so dysfunctional as a club in terms of leadership and direction, that Jos is trying things.

I agree with this and the ethos that no one player is bigger than the club. We need 100% commitment from anyone who pulls on the shirt.

• Like 1