Lucas Piazon signing for #SWFC?

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Isn't it strange that we are said to be in dire financial straits and yet our owner isn't remotely interested in reducing our Premier league size wage bill. 

I like joao. He's excellent. Sadly Wednesday aren't really keen on playing him for some reason. But we've given a player we don't want to play a new contract. 

Pudl got a new contract. Two games in he's been displaced by a youth team player without any first team experience. Surely Wednesday knew he was hopeless. So why the contract. 

Oops I am trying to apply rationale to an owner who is virtually sectionable given his bizarre behaviour. 

Piazzon looks like a decent championship prospect. Wednesday need to do something they've refused to do so far under the new owner. They need to ask how he will fit into the team. 

Clearly this requires something of a radical change of direction in Wednesdays approach to the game as we normally blindly sign players the owner wants and then find they dont fit in. 

We absolutely need at least one right footed centre back. Van aken can't play on the right and Tom Lees looks out of sorts on the right. It's fundamental to the game to have the right players in the right positions. 

Wednesday don't have a clue about fundamentals. That is self evident from just about everything they do. 

Fail

16 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Really hope this is true, would be great to be competitive this season. 

I’d hope for at least a CB, DM, AM/F. And maybe improve on the full backs if we are greedy 

I know someone who deals with football contracts and works with clubs and agents. Tells me we have asked questions about loads of players all over the park. Does not give specifics but said very active.

• Like 1

Isn't it strange that we are said to be in dire financial straits and yet our owner isn't remotely interested in reducing our Premier league size wage bill. 

I like joao. He's excellent. Sadly Wednesday aren't really keen on playing him for some reason. But we've given a player we don't want to play a new contract. 

Pudl got a new contract. Two games in he's been displaced by a youth team player without any first team experience. Surely Wednesday knew he was hopeless. So why the contract. 

Oops I am trying to apply rationale to an owner who is virtually sectionable given his bizarre behaviour. 

Piazzon looks like a decent championship prospect. Wednesday need to do something they've refused to do so far under the new owner. They need to ask how he will fit into the team. 

Clearly this requires something of a radical change of direction in Wednesdays approach to the game as we normally blindly sign players the owner wants and then find they dont fit in. 

We absolutely need at least one right footed centre back. Van aken can't play on the right and Tom Lees looks out of sorts on the right. It's fundamental to the game to have the right players in the right positions. 

Wednesday don't have a clue about fundamentals. That is self evident from just about everything they do. 

Should we only have a squad of 18?

Name me any club at any level that doesn't have players that rarely/occasionally play?

Look forward to your answers.

First admit have not seen much of Piazon. Done some checking around to try and find any info on him. He was offered this summer to French and German clubs by Chelsea no takers. I expect his wages to be heavily subsidised if he does arrive. I remembered him playing in Championship play off for Fulham and although right footed plays on left. This is apparently favoured position.

We need a player who plays on right as we have lots who favour left side already so unsure how helpful he would be.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Hooper, Lee or Bannan could play in that three too If needs be. Hooper prefers to drop much deeper and was almost used as a link man under CC

They aren't particularly suited to playing there, and it ends up with the Carlos issue of putting square pegs in round holes. 

Hooper is without doubt, a striker who drops deeper. Playing him in the "No.10" position, changes the dynamics somewhat, you you end up with a system more akin to the 4-4-2 we played under Carlos. You rely on the midfield finding Hooper...whereas a player like Piazon or Reach (on Wednesday), see more of the ball due to their deeper starting position.

Again...Lee and Bannan could play there...but it wouldn't bring the best out of them. It'll boil down to the everlasting conundrum when Lee is back fit... how do you fit Bannan & Lee into a system, which doesnt contain three central midfielders...you can't with sacrificing something.

Aren’t Chelsea renowned for charging a fortune to loan players out? Sure I’ve read that it more than covers there initial outlay for a player. 

Sign for X amount of money. 

Then rent out for XX amount of money for several years?

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

They aren't particularly suited to playing there, and it ends up with the Carlos issue of putting square pegs in round holes. 

Hooper is without doubt, a striker who drops deeper. Playing him in the "No.10" position, changes the dynamics somewhat, you you end up with a system more akin to the 4-4-2 we played under Carlos. You rely on the midfield finding Hooper...whereas a player like Piazon or Reach (on Wednesday), see more of the ball due to their deeper starting position.

Again...Lee and Bannan could play there...but it wouldn't bring the best out of them. It'll boil down to the everlasting conundrum when Lee is back fit... how do you fit Bannan & Lee into a system, which doesnt contain three central midfielders...you can't with sacrificing something.

Not sure I agree as both Lee and Bannan would bring energy there and Lee loves the late runs. Hooper is more static I suppose but I think in some cases that formation can be tweaked to add a no 10 when they sit deep to counter the runners

I notice you refer to Wednesday as “US” as opposed to “YOU” in your latest inane ramblings!

Go away idiot pig !

Really hope this happens and Hector too! Team would have a nice balance to it! 

Palmer Hector Lees Reach

Hutchinson/Lee Bannan

Piazon Hooper  FF

Fletcher 

Still leaves Joao, Winnal, Nuhiu and MM  on the bench so plenty of depth! 

33 minutes ago, flash said:

Really hope this happens and Hector too! Team would have a nice balance to it! 

Palmer Hector Lees Reach

Hutchinson/Lee Bannan

Piazon Hooper  FF

Fletcher 

Still leaves Joao, Winnal, Nuhiu and MM  on the bench so plenty of depth! 

I get your point but would be a big mistake to play without a goalkeeper dont you think lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

I notice you refer to Wednesday as “US” as opposed to “YOU” in your latest inane ramblings!

Go away idiot pig !

Im not sure why what he’s said has offended everyone so much?

if Only we could get him a centre back, centre midfielder ( general ) and a round get back in and get away from this financial burden I’d be a happy man 

but if we only have room for 1/2 loans this should be the last position we’re looking for 

that said I wouldn’t be against it happening if and it’s a big if the club know they can strengthen us with two defensive players on top 

it it would be a welcome addition to a squad that needs a few fresh faces 

9 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

What a surprise that this troll is trying to play down any thing that we are trying to develop...go and get your face F****d piggy twa**

• Thanks 1

Not really sure we should do the Piazon deal. If there is any money to spend on a loan deal, surely it has to be a centre back. I acknowledge that Thorniley is a top talent and I think he will make it with us, we are woefully short in this department. JVA can’t defend and Pudil can’t be relied upon given his age.

We have enough options in the central and support striking options. 

I just get the feeling, he comes in, we lose FF.

We need income and he plays in ff's position. Also blocks Preston's development. It's the only way I can see it. Pure opinion.

Unless we are going full blown spendagedden.

Edited by Maddogbob

Finance isn't the problem, but being allowed to spend it is.

Something's obviously happened behind the scenes if the club are interested in Piazon.

Fulham were big money in this division, and he's played for some big clubs like Eintracht.

His wages I would imagine will be tasty.

I don't think FF is going, so loopholes must have been exploited or favours called in.

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I just get the feeling, he comes in, we lose FF.

We need income and he plays in ff's position. Also blocks Preston's development. It's the only way I can see it. Pure opinion.

Unless we are going full blown spendagedden.

Well, Chansiri did say "don't worry about FFP".