Lucas Piazon signing for #SWFC?

8 hours ago, frastheowl said:

If Piazon is been targeted, I think the 4-2-3-1 is probably here to stay. It seemed to suit us on Wednesday night...but our options in those three advanced positions seem to be a little limited. 

Forestieri and Matias can both provide unpredictability from the flanks. Joao will perhaps be favoured out wide as a genuine goal threat, and Reach, at the minute, is the only real option to play in the number 10 position, but his natural position is out wide. Piazon is somebody who could pull the strings in that advanced position, either from wide or in the no.10 position. 

In certain games, Reach's energy could be vital, but there'll be games and situations when a bit more craft and a bit more guile is needed...Piazon would provide that.

In essence, Piazon could well be the piece in the jigsaw we thought Abdi was going to be 2 years ago. The only difference is...we might actually play a system to accommodate him..

Either way...a pool of Forestieri, Joao, Reach, Matias and Piazon to choose from for three advanced positions offers plenty of ability and variety, which is crucial. 

Add to that the choice of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Hooper or Winnall for the lone striker spot...and it's looking pretty healthy (if perhaps oversubscribed by one). 

Hooper, Lee or Bannan could play in that three too If needs be. Hooper prefers to drop much deeper and was almost used as a link man under CC

The type of signings we should have been making over the past two years. I cannot comment specifically on these two players as I haven't seen enough of them, however, the experience and age and the fact they are on long-term loans as opposed to lengthy contracts just makes complete sense.

You run the risk of them having a great season and then going elsewhere however you've benefited considerably from their talent without the initial outlay. Our approach was too one dimensional where we were signing players on meaty contracts and not using the system which has worked for so many teams over the years. Sure pick up the no-brainer purchases like Winnall (500k) but when there are Premiership teams full of genuine talent they are willing to loan out you need to use it as an option.

We should be maxing out the loan options every single season. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

The type of signings we should have been making over the past two years. I cannot comment specifically on these two players as I haven't seen enough of them, however, the experience and age and the fact they are on long-term loans as opposed to lengthy contracts just makes complete sense.

You run the risk of them having a great season and then going elsewhere however you've benefited considerably from their talent without the initial outlay. Our approach was too one dimensional where we were signing players on meaty contracts and not using the system which has worked for so many teams over the years. Sure pick up the no-brainer purchases like Winnall (500k) but when there are Premiership teams full of genuine talent they are willing to loan out you need to use it as an option.

We should be maxing out the loan options every single season. 

Been saying it since Wembley Well now it’s forced on us, but better late than never 

Need to use the same loan system to get a few of our own youngsters out 

Moving our some of the seniors on those high wages may prove difficult

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Because he is the type of player that could be seen as a direct replacement and we still have ffp prombles

You've fallen into the trap of applying rational thought to our current situation.

Our chairman doesn't want to sell anybody.

That's that, I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Love how everyone already assumes Lucas and Hector are definitely  signing.  Could just be rounduns rumors...this is Wednesday after all!!

20 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Other than rumours, any credible evidence that this is possibly happening? Things have gone quiet on other stories circulating earlier this week about us loaning other players.

I think a Chelsea correspondent with thousands of followers has said the players are in talks with us 

54 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You've fallen into the trap of applying rational thought to our current situation.

Our chairman doesn't want to sell anybody.

That's that, I'm afraid.

Isn't it strange that we are said to be in dire financial straits and yet our owner isn't remotely interested in reducing our Premier league size wage bill. 

I like joao. He's excellent. Sadly Wednesday aren't really keen on playing him for some reason. But we've given a player we don't want to play a new contract. 

Pudl got a new contract. Two games in he's been displaced by a youth team player without any first team experience. Surely Wednesday knew he was hopeless. So why the contract. 

Oops I am trying to apply rationale to an owner who is virtually sectionable given his bizarre behaviour. 

Piazzon looks like a decent championship prospect. Wednesday need to do something they've refused to do so far under the new owner. They need to ask how he will fit into the team. 

Clearly this requires something of a radical change of direction in Wednesdays approach to the game as we normally blindly sign players the owner wants and then find they dont fit in. 

We absolutely need at least one right footed centre back. Van aken can't play on the right and Tom Lees looks out of sorts on the right. It's fundamental to the game to have the right players in the right positions. 

Wednesday don't have a clue about fundamentals. That is self evident from just about everything they do. 

27 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think a Chelsea correspondent with thousands of followers has said the players are in talks with us 

I have thousands of followers, going round the M25 every fri afternoon, ("its going to clear") doesn't make me right though does it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, striker said:

Could be, But a front 3 of FF, Fletcher and Piazon should cause problems for most defences, with Bannan, Reach and Joey behind and we look to have some energy and attacking threat.

Add in a signing like Hector at the back and we start to look a much stronger team.

That is exactly what Jos wants.  Energy.

Think back to last season when we were starting with Jones, Butterfield, Nuhui most weeks.

FF, Piazon, Bannan, Reach, Pessy - the core of a side that would be able to keep up a high press ala Wednesday night.

Could also include Hutch when fit in that, and the likes of Preston, Baker and a couple others.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, thebizzle said:

That is exactly what Jos wants.  Energy.

Think back to last season when we were starting with Jones, Butterfield, Nuhui most weeks.

FF, Piazon, Bannan, Reach, Pessy - the core of a side that would be able to keep up a high press ala Wednesday night.

Could also include Hutch when fit in that, and the likes of Preston, Baker and a couple others.

If this is Jos plan 

He must be looking to sell Nuhiu for a couple of £mil, to fund a couple of loanees (while satisfying the FFP man) 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Isn't it strange that we are said to be in dire financial straits and yet our owner isn't remotely interested in reducing our Premier league size wage bill. 

I like joao. He's excellent. Sadly Wednesday aren't really keen on playing him for some reason. But we've given a player we don't want to play a new contract. 

Pudl got a new contract. Two games in he's been displaced by a youth team player without any first team experience. Surely Wednesday knew he was hopeless. So why the contract. 

Oops I am trying to apply rationale to an owner who is virtually sectionable given his bizarre behaviour. 

Piazzon looks like a decent championship prospect. Wednesday need to do something they've refused to do so far under the new owner. They need to ask how he will fit into the team. 

Clearly this requires something of a radical change of direction in Wednesdays approach to the game as we normally blindly sign players the owner wants and then find they dont fit in. 

We absolutely need at least one right footed centre back. Van aken can't play on the right and Tom Lees looks out of sorts on the right. It's fundamental to the game to have the right players in the right positions. 

Wednesday don't have a clue about fundamentals. That is self evident from just about everything they do. 

joao when fit as figured in just about every game since jos arrived and i'm sure if jos said he wasn't going to play him they wouldn't have offered him a new deal . …...pudil did well under jos when moved into the centre , jos would have known that loovens & fred wouldn't be here this season and he had no chance of getting anyone in so why wouldn't he give another year to someone who'd done well for him . ……