Lucas Piazon signing for #SWFC?

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Signing this player makes me think we're about to let Fessi go. 

Could be, But a front 3 of FF, Fletcher and Piazon should cause problems for most defences, with Bannan, Reach and Joey behind and we look to have some energy and attacking threat.

Add in a signing like Hector at the back and we start to look a much stronger team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Or putting pressure on him and others to think about Wednesday before themselves (?)

Or it could be that, Mr C is determined to make sure we give it a good go this season. Also, we aren’t that flush with quality players, or we wouldn’t have had to call on so many development players

What we don’t know is how much Jos rates FF.

No doubt he will appreciate his ability and although he works hard he can still be a bit of a loose cannon. 

Is he too much of a loose cannon for Jos, a manager who appears to demand discipline and teamwork.

Could he convince DC to sell and help solve our FFP issue?

If Piazon is been targeted, I think the 4-2-3-1 is probably here to stay. It seemed to suit us on Wednesday night...but our options in those three advanced positions seem to be a little limited. 

Forestieri and Matias can both provide unpredictability from the flanks. Joao will perhaps be favoured out wide as a genuine goal threat, and Reach, at the minute, is the only real option to play in the number 10 position, but his natural position is out wide. Piazon is somebody who could pull the strings in that advanced position, either from wide or in the no.10 position. 

In certain games, Reach's energy could be vital, but there'll be games and situations when a bit more craft and a bit more guile is needed...Piazon would provide that.

In essence, Piazon could well be the piece in the jigsaw we thought Abdi was going to be 2 years ago. The only difference is...we might actually play a system to accommodate him..

Either way...a pool of Forestieri, Joao, Reach, Matias and Piazon to choose from for three advanced positions offers plenty of ability and variety, which is crucial. 

Add to that the choice of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Hooper or Winnall for the lone striker spot...and it's looking pretty healthy (if perhaps oversubscribed by one). 

8 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Piazon just isn’t that good. If he was, why haven’t Fulham bought him?

Poor mans Lopez. 

Maybe they have bigger targets now they are in the top flight again but they do seem to rate him at his spell there.

How many times have you seen him play ?

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Maybe they have bigger targets now they are in the top flight again but they do seem to rate him at his spell there.

How many times have you seen him play ?

I live in London - pal has an ST at Fulham - saw him about 3 times 2x as sub  - TBF he was injured badly at start of last season - subsequently couldn’t get in their starting 11 - notice they’ve kept Kevin Macdonsld but didn’t go back for him. 

I tell thi - games just pass him by. I’ve got nowt against him but we need strength and pace, a Backary Sackho type. TBH I’d rather have Izzy Brown. 

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Only 18 months ago, he was rated more highly than Neymar.

Bit like all of Chelsea's " loan " players.

Then there careers take a nose dive as they are loaned to a different club every season in the hope they one day become good.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Why

I think that while ever FF is here, people will say he's going every transfer window.

I don't think he'll go, because the embargo began in April.

Surely the club would have sold him in the summer if that was what was needed to satisfy the EFL.