SWFC# Ipswich Press conference Live

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

My point wasn’t about signings actually, more the other questions 

I see what you're saying but when he's getting a lot of repetitive questions which just seem to be trying to trip him up it must be off putting and possibly why his other answers ramble a bit. 

That last answer I added was why I'd be no good in this position :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think his good form was anything to do with earning a new deal. Only in my opinion of course.

But I think it was more that he benefittted from playing in a traditional old fashioned strike partnership with Joao where their blend of attributes made them extremely effective which in turn boosted the confidence.

Yes, if not traditional, as they were often joined by a third, Forestieri, but Nuhiu certainly needs bodies around him Other than when he was in a three, his goals would often come when we threw players up in attack to try and win a game. Neither him, nor Fletcher, will be much of a goal threat, unless we can get players up around them

Edited by gurujuan

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, if not traditional, as they were often joined by a third, Forestieri, but Nuhiu certainly needs bodies around him Other than when he was in a three, his goals would often come when we threw players up in attack to try and win a game. Neither him, nor Fletcher, will be much of a goal threat, unless we can get players up around them

I think Fletcher is the better of the two in playing the centre of a front three.

IF we go with a two. I'd use Nuhiu.

Swings and roundabouts really. Horses for courses.

30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think his good form was anything to do with earning a new deal. Only in my opinion of course.

But I think it was more that he benefittted from playing in a traditional old fashioned strike partnership with Joao where their blend of attributes made them extremely effective which in turn boosted the confidence.

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think Fletcher is the better of the two in playing the centre of a front three.

IF we go with a two. I'd use Nuhiu.

Swings and roundabouts really. Horses for courses.

My opinion too.. We seem to have two partnerships that work well together Hooper and Fletcher, or  Nuhiu and Joao. 

Mix and match them differently and it’s just not the same somehow.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Said hoops Keiran and Winnal continue to do well but need more intensive training before they are introduced to under 23 games. 

This means they’ll all be ready for first team action on 1st September i.e. once we’ve managed to see off any bids.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

BREAKDOWN

• Joao - "Lucas is at and age where he can make progression he must not think his career is ready. His best years can come. He must show his quality.

• Pudil - "When he's 100% I will have him in squad. When he's not I will not play him"

• Team - "Team gave a good answer after Brentford. We need the same intensity as against Millwall."

• Experienced Players - " That is football. We live in the now, not in the past. What the past was. The status. It doesn't matter for me 200% where  the passion ,where is the ambition and (fromt the players)  'What will I do for the team and what will I do for myself to be successful"

• The fans- Were great , we need that, they bring us so much inspiration. In the game. In periods in the game You become only that when the fans see 100% intensity (when) the team give 100% energy in the game . Then you see the good working (between fans and players) from sides to pitch and back

• Basics - You must have the basics to be succesful. That is what we have to keep an eye on. You must have the basics.

• Ipswich - Not and easy game. But there are no easy games. A team with good characher and balance. We need 100% focus and concentration.

• Young Players - " They give us a performance and make an impression. There is trust now. We trusted them before, but it is different in training. Or freindlies than the Championship . It wasn't a surprise for us. But you never know with the pressure. In the months we want to see more chance for academy players.

• Selection - Who is playing isn't important to me. The important thing for me is that we have a team on the field who give 90 minutes and more what they have , and are succesful at the end.

• Hector - When you go on speculation , you have different answers about that, when we have something to say we will say it. What I said before. When we have news we will say it. We don't give answers on speculation.

• Transfers -  When we have something done. I will explain why. I won't explain or talk about positions when we have not something done.

• Spirit - The team give a fantastic reaction. But you nneed a result. We have to fight for points. Be strong as a team and fight for each other. You enjoy playing good football

• Bannans - The situation is , that Barry also knows that wed like him ...he's a fantastic player for our team, we must as a club a good agreement for Barry. The green light. Then we let our fans know and the media. IT is positive to come together. But there is patience. Hopefully days or weeks agreement

• Dawson - It is no surprise to me. We know we can trust him. But the experience is good. The trust. He brings the good perfamcnes for us.

• Hooper, Lee, Winnall - They must very intensive programmes in training and high intensity what we think they need and when that is 100% then we think minutes for our U23's and then in the last step to the team. But we are positive but we have to have them 100%,  they've been long away,  they must have very good physical side to come to games

•  Team - Everyone in this team must have the passion and ambition to play for this club in the Championship. 

That's my kind of language, not the gibberish that the previous Donut came out with.

I don't want a manager who is best mates with the players, upset this bloke at your peril.

3 hours ago, Hookowl said:

If he is being assessed by the clubs medical team today that would suggest that they are making the decision on whether he has recovered from his injury completely and is fit to be selected.

Jos wont play players if HE is not convinced about their fitness.

4 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Clearly Nuhui was playing for a new contract last season because he's been back to his awful worst so far.

Absolute gash

From what I've seen this season Matias could fall into this bracket and could prove to be a real asset for us . Thought he looked a threat Tuesday. Just hope we remember how much a waste of money he's been last few year.

5 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

From what I've seen this season Matias could fall into this bracket and could prove to be a real asset for us . Thought he looked a threat Tuesday. 

What the clucking bell did he do on Tuesday? :picnic:

Edited by Windygrowler

17 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Jos wont play players if HE is not convinced about their fitness.

True but my post was in reply to a question of whether he was injured or not, and that Jos had stated he was being assessed by the medical team prior to him deciding on his fitness.