there’s something about Jos....

He’s starting to remind me of Napoleon, just his general  demeanour, can he conquer the league? The world!? Well no... 19th century France wasn’t trying to escape EFL sanctions, and they certainly didn’t have Liam Palmer playing RWB... but.. BUT... can someone photoshop JLs head onto Napoleons body in a way that may slightly amuse us? That’s the real question here... and it’s also the point I’ve lost track of my main point..  I bid you adieu 

• Haha 9

I tell thi summat, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a braver team selection in all my years watching Wednesday. That line up against Millwall could have gone very badly wrong for Jos. The fans would have absolutely slaughtered him if we had lost and more importantly you’ve got to wonder what the likes of FF, Hutchinson and the older established pros’ made of it and their potential reactions to being dropped for kids.

Suppose everyone knows exactly where they stand now and what is expected from them. 

4 minutes ago, Walt said:

I tell thi summat, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a braver team selection in all my years watching Wednesday. That line up against Millwall could have gone very badly wrong for Jos. The fans would have absolutely slaughtered him if we had lost and more importantly you’ve got to wonder what the likes of FF, Hutchinson and the older established pros’ made of it and their potential reactions to being dropped for kids.

Suppose everyone knows exactly where they stand now and what is expected from them. 

Think he learnt from his last Millwall line up away when we played 5-5-0 with George Boyd as a striker. 

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Funny how peoples opinions and the general mood can change after just one game.

Still don't rate him. Hope to be proved wrong but need more convincing then a 2-1 home win v Millwall that was only just about deserved.

Opinions and general mood -please elabatre where it’s changed and why:rolleyes: 

Edited by keepitsteel89

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Still don't rate him. Hope to be proved wrong but need more convincing then a 2-1 home win v Millwall that was only just about deserved.

My mood and opinion didn't change from the end of last season just because we did not get off to a very good start, still think him and the team will come good and we will build from here.

Not sure why you had to add "win that was only just about deserved" in my (and others) opinion it was a well deserved victory.

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Glad to see some positive vibes on here, not producing many 10 page threads but people seem to like a good moan. Like Sad Man U fans because they lost a game after finishing 2nd in the PL with their billions of pounds. My heart bleeds. Anyway I think Jos is great and i was saying that before Brentford and if we lose 3-0 on Saturday I'll still be saying it. He might be great and get the sack at some point as all managers do get sacked eventually. Seems a brave mild mannered coach who doesn't take any you know what without having to shout and swear like an idiot. I think if we can all be patient enough and if the off the field stuff gives Jos enough funds to compete he might just do very very well. But i would stick with him for 2 years at least.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

"only just about deserved" = deserved win against a team that finished a lot higher than us last year and have lost twice in 23 games.

"Funny how peoples opinions and the general mood can change after just one game"; are you talking about after the Wigan game? Only, we'd just won 6 from 9 and hammered Norwich 5-0 in our last league game, yet after Wigan there were calls for Jos out!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

He’s starting to remind me of Napoleon, just his general  demeanour, can he conquer the league? The world!? Well no... 19th century France wasn’t trying to escape EFL sanctions, and they certainly didn’t have Liam Palmer playing RWB... but.. BUT... can someone photoshop JLs head onto Napoleons body in a way that may slightly amuse us? That’s the real question here... and it’s also the point I’ve lost track of my main point..  I bid you adieu 

just another dig at Palmer.

5 hours ago, Walt said:

3 games in a week.

See if the big hitters are back tmw

I quite him , and his wacky team selections.

Must be a right buzz about the U23 squad at the moment. Everyone has a chance.

He's basically looking for characters; players that will listen and learn, that will play together and compliment a system. He's also trying to look at how an opposition will play and what their strengths are and then choose a team accordingly. Big difference to seeing the same players every week, no matter how well they played or how the team did.

And at the risk of having another dig at a young ex striker of ours, I think a couple of players who aren't with us now could be regretting not being a bit more patient as they certainly would have got a fair bit of first team action.

I'm warming to him after the other night..cautiously.  I have no time for the tippy tappy stuff, pass out of defence in 58 moves; then back to the goalie.  I find it dull.  Possession football is ok but it must have some urgency and purpose to keep me entertained.  The other night was the first time ive seen this for over 2 years.

4 hours ago, Watson said:

Naploean was taller than Arthur Wellesley

Wellesley was also a notoriously bad shot...I think he once accidently shot a woman in the a*se when he was out grouse shootin' or summatt

She was hangin' washing out............

Edited by asteener1867