Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

personally love him admit hes made mistakes and things have ended up in the pooper. BUT remember first 2 seasons he was a walk on water god. I genuinely feel he has the best interest at heart but been advised how to do things from a business point of view now. first off it was a giddy excitement that been fair nearly worked but now we in the do do hes realising football aint as loyal and you could be hailed from the king to a mare stable boy in blink of a eye and given the culture of trust and loyalty asian have i think he taken fans response as a massive kick in nuts. he's done loads wrong and handled stuff naive just need see a way of working round the situation 

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I'm a so called happy clapper, defend the actions of the club whenever I can and try to look at things from a few angles without jumping to conclusions, I've defended these meetings to the hilt before but tonight's felt like a waste of time.

The format used to be a round the table question/answer/suggestion format, now it's Mr Chansiri opening with a 45min (minimum) rant about how can he push the club forward if the fans don't want to invest in the likes of the 1867 scheme etc.

I did ask about the possibility of members discounts being used against shirt sales - this was rejected as the shirts are selling well

The ground capacity is now touching 35k thanks to the work of Richard Stanford (who always gives a good account of himslef)

The retro shirts have sold well but no more have been planned for release as yet.

The Kop is to get a Pete McKee mural which will be great (planning consent permitting)

The fan zone has been successful and will continue to grow.

There were no slices of lemon for the drinks in the 1867 lounge for the Hull game but there were for Millwall :tango:

The ticket bundle idea is a bit of a trial to see how it goes, maybe extended to further deals.

1867 mk2 could be on its way.

Thats a brief summary I'm too tired to type anymore, I'm sure other attendees will embellish zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh hang on the second question if the night was a show stopper:

Cue a deathly silence :Chansiri:

So he isn't selling up then.

Bugger

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I'm a so called happy clapper, defend the actions of the club whenever I can and try to look at things from a few angles without jumping to conclusions, I've defended these meetings to the hilt before but tonight's felt like a waste of time.

The format used to be a round the table question/answer/suggestion format, now it's Mr Chansiri opening with a 45min (minimum) rant about how can he push the club forward if the fans don't want to invest in the likes of the 1867 scheme etc.

I did ask about the possibility of members discounts being used against shirt sales - this was rejected as the shirts are selling well

The ground capacity is now touching 35k thanks to the work of Richard Stanford (who always gives a good account of himslef)

The retro shirts have sold well but no more have been planned for release as yet.

The Kop is to get a Pete McKee mural which will be great (planning consent permitting)

The fan zone has been successful and will continue to grow.

There were no slices of lemon for the drinks in the 1867 lounge for the Hull game but there were for Millwall :tango:

The ticket bundle idea is a bit of a trial to see how it goes, maybe extended to further deals.

1867 mk2 could be on its way.

Thats a brief summary I'm too tired to type anymore, I'm sure other attendees will embellish zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh hang on the second question if the night was a show stopper:

Cue a deathly silence :Chansiri:

Wow

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I saw this write up on Facebook - this guys a proper home and away fan and usually very positive

In all honesty this steering group was a waste of time in my eyes.As all was covered at the fans forum.

Basically we up the creak without a paddle.
On peoples working out as DC couldn’t disclose any figures we need between 40-50 mill to break even by the end of this season. (Estimate)

One suggestion was another scheme following the same format as the 1867 scheme 1,2,3 year season tickets but what would be activated once/if we get to the premier.
Price 

1 year £500

2 year £950

3 year £1300 

Shop will be fully stocked by the end of September with hundreds on new lines been introduced.

Capacity lifted to just under 35,000

As it stands for every 1000 fans we have to have a registered first aider all other clubs its 2000 to a first aider said its unacceptable and after 30 years the club still been punished.
Aims to put a stop to this.

Was asked if we wanted to sell players to make up the downfall. NO

Basically Westwood is 3 choice because Jos hadn’t seen him play last season as was injured. And the two young ones are the way forward. Nothing else just that.

Could be an outgoing this week (Westwood) My opinion.

On talking about youth and agents he got onto young Hirst basically was David who wanted him away and if he says different come to a meeting and talk about it openly also invited Carlton Palmer so he could shut is mouth up aswell lol
On the topic of they wanted more money for him to go out on load complete bull poo if someone covered his wages he would have gone.

Not sure on the figures as even we can't be losing 40 - 50m a season. If that was the cumulative over a rolling 3 years then that would make sense, but which Championship club breaks even. FFP ultimately permits 39m in losses 

Hate to say but any Club 1867 II proposal will presumably be met with the same derision as the first one. It is nothing more than a short term loan request to the fans, for little return and zero security. 

Won't say anymore until it sees the light of day, if it does, other than it plays on the loyalty of fans beyond acceptable

2 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Major saleable asset needs to go for finances of the club which saddens me to say. We know who it is we just don’t want it to happen.....

If Jordan Rhodes rediscovers the form that made him one of the best goal scorers this level has ever seen it could be him.

So the reality is we are losing 19m per season to take an average. 

Simple maths says to avoid a repeated breach of the EFL S & P regulations we would need to break even this season. 

So got to 

1) Increase revenue or generate player sales of that amount

2) Reduce costs by that amount

3) A combination of the two, a player sale or going out on loan does both of course.

A crude calculation suggests the gap may have narrowed by 6m with Hunt gone, Rhodes out on loan and the non replaced players that left in the summer.

That assumes the projection of 19m is accurate as starting point. Hopefully lower than that. But if not still looking at 13m shortfall

I think Captain Dejphon needs to put this premier league talk on the back burner for a while. 

He he had a go, it's failed and now we are going through a re building process. Ultimately we need to let players leave and freshen up the place, if that means selling Forestieri then so be it. Despite how well they've done since coming in we aren't going to get promoted with the u23 players. 

Personally id be very happy if we can avoid relegation and scrape a mid table finish with the ability to re build next summer. The way he's running the club will do far more harm than good. 

Despite what hes telling fans we are as far away from the premier league as we were when he took over. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That extra capacity seems like the clubs best chance of increasing revenue How to use it without peeing of our loyal season ticket holders though

Seems a very bizarre exercise to be working on increasing capacity 

unless there is some kind of genius mad plan

Owlstalk Shop

Of course the other plan / option is that the EFL do look at the projection for what would be the 19/20 season figures so with a lot of senior player contracts ending then perhaps there will be considerable wage savings moving forward.

So a bit less doom and gloom in that scenario. It is S & P so breaching the limits is the trigger for the review by the EFL, not the end result.

The comments made by DC at the fans forum about it being a major issue if we don't get promoted need some proper context

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Seems a very bizarre exercise to be working on increasing capacity 

unless there is some kind of genius mad plan

We're gonna let Tottenham play there till there f@@k up of a new stadium is ready and charge them £5mill a game . Tottenham don't know about this yet though. 

• Haha 2