Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s gone 

get over it 

we’ve evolved and the new stuff is better and it’s Sheffield and it’s OURS 

Instead if whinging help make it work and get clapping along 

Clap along!!....

I dunno any of it....Its not rhythmical....

"Hey ho..lets go"..does what it says on the tin, although i can't work out the words to that either...

"They're foaming on a trainline?"..whatever...

wheres Joe Cocker??? "Up where we belong??...Can hear the words an' its sorta topical...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s gone 

get over it 

we’ve evolved and the new stuff is better and it’s Sheffield and it’s OURS 

Instead if whinging help make it work and get clapping along 

Maybe as we get closer to kick off, or the players come out at half time, we play local bands singing Wednesday songs?

Pretty sure someone recently recorded a version of ‘singing the blues’ (Not Terry Curran).

Imagine playing a version of WAWAW recorded by a collaboration of local artists and the stadium singing along. 

Guest Grez Bez

It's been covered but we need to be more active in targeting new fans across South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw and the Peak district ( Sheffield City Region) :ph34r:

We need to segment the fans as the actions are different. IE:

Reasons for not supporting Wednesday are:

(Some will fall into more than one box and there will be way more reasons)

1 - Support a different team due to family ties - NO ACTION, hard to convert

2 - Support a 'Premiership' team - Push to make Wednesday their 2nd club. KEY TARGET

3 - Kids / people who are first or second generation immigrants and have no family ties to a club. It's easier for these to support a 'Premiership' club - KEY TARGET

4 - No interest in football - SECONDARY TARGET, hard to convert.

5 - New to the city (students, workers etc) - Push to make Wednesday their 1st / 2nd club. KEY TARGET

For those that are a key target there are 2 actions

1 - Get them interested/ to a game.

You do by targeted offers;most businesses do this by building aailing list with a questionnaire. Pricing is key.

2 - Retain / get them to come back.

Match day experience. It needs to be a great day out and not only the football. You need value for money compared to other 'activities'. This is through the food offering, atmosphere, activities for kids etc...

Edited by Grez Bez

making ticket prices much more simple ,having 8 bands is plain stupid ,a lot of casual supporters think we charge £49 , why not just have 3 bands . A for big games ie .leeds,stoke,utd ,derby,villa,west brom, B for all other Saturday games , C for night games and sky games 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I really hope someone raises the Chairmans awareness tonight of just how many fans we have who rely on radio coverage for their Wednesday fix and encourages him to relent on his stance on broadcasting the games on Radio Sheffield

That would mean more to me (and many of our elderly fans) than any amount of Arctic Monkeys and Reverend and the Makers tracks we play before kick off

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I really hope someone raises the Chairmans awareness tonight of just how many fans we have who rely on radio coverage for their Wednesday fix and encourages him to relent on his stance on broadcasting the games on Radio Sheffield

That would mean more to me (and many of our elderly fans) than any amount of Arctic Monkeys and Reverend and the Makers tracks we play before kick off

Agreed but you are not THAT old

33 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

making ticket prices much more simple ,having 8 bands is plain stupid ,a lot of casual supporters think we charge £49 , why not just have 3 bands . A for big games ie .leeds,stoke,utd ,derby,villa,west brom, B for all other Saturday games , C for night games and sky games 

That is a very good suggestion

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

It's been covered but we need to be more active in targeting new fans across South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw and the Peak district ( Sheffield City Region) :ph34r:

We need to segment the fans as the actions are different. IE:

Reasons for not supporting Wednesday are:

(Some will fall into more than one box and there will be way more reasons)

1 - Support a different team due to family ties - NO ACTION, hard to convert

2 - Support a 'Premiership' team - Push to make Wednesday their 2nd club. KEY TARGET

3 - Kids / people who are first or second generation immigrants and have no family ties to a club. It's easier for these to support a 'Premiership' club - KEY TARGET

4 - No interest in football - SECONDARY TARGET, hard to convert.

5 - New to the city (students, workers etc) - Push to make Wednesday their 1st / 2nd club. KEY TARGET

For those that are a key target there are 2 actions

1 - Get them interested/ to a game.

You do by targeted offers;most businesses do this by building aailing list with a questionnaire. Pricing is key.

2 - Retain / get them to come back.

Match day experience. It needs to be a great day out and not only the football. You need value for money compared to other 'activities'. This is through the food offering, atmosphere, activities for kids etc...

Some good points here mate, I’ve been banging the drum for a long time about enticing newcomers to our great city into our club. They are at least 20% of Sheffield at this point and if we don’t get em first there’s an inner city club that might try and get their fingers on them. We need to go round schools in Fir Vale, Darnall, Wincobank or wherever and get these kids there some free tickets. Get em excited, get em loving the atmosphere, the feel of the club and most of all do it before them lot down the road take an interest. We are an immigrant friendly city let’s make us the immigrant friendly Club.

Enjoy the group tonight folks I hope we see some good dialogue between everyone there.

15 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Oh my Steering News ? Just hope DC breaks all diplomatic relations with RSFH.

So the one free marketing tool to local fans.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So the one free marketing tool to local fans.

I think he was just being a pr*ck mate - dont bite