Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that the peripheral nonsense can be added/sorted as WELL as everything else?

It's not one or the other

I wish people would understand this

It's like saying "All those who keep going to the chip shop asking for the peripheral peas or beans on their fish and chips"

You can fry a lovely piece of fish and make it superb AND then add beans or peas 

That's how life is

(and chip shops)

lol

Well said!

Apart from the beans bit.

People who have beans with fish and chips should be shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is a no brainer to me. Use the empty seats to lure the next generation of supporters, get them hooked ,but let them in for FREE as you say . Its not like the bottom of the Lepp is used for paying fans. 

absolutely correct

I have organised this on 2 occasions in the past and introduced hundreds of kids to SWFC and this was allowed by previous regimes - I'm not able to do it again,  but I remember mentioning this in a similar thread years ago and  wednesdayite  said they'd contact me for info and i'm still waiting 

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But to look at it purely from a PR angle the fanbase now will totally believe that everythings ok again simply because they don't want to delve into it all, don't want to be bothered with it all, and will just take a headline and run with it

EMBARGO LIFTED to the general fanbase will mean ALL PROBLEMS HAVE NOW GONE AWAY

a bit like a very influential person posting spendaggon in block letters several times  prob a a joke but there are some people on here who struggle with reality and take you as gospel 

34 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Im still cnvinced Milan flew to Bangkok and told him that Sheffield is an up and coming suburb of London second only to Knightsbridge

no the conversation was 

MM  has tha got the cash?

DC  yeah!!

MM  You'll do 

10 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

Come to think of it I reckon DC should just give me a job! :Chansiri:

presumably you'd enjoy advising a brick wall to become a table and staring at a P45 as a relief 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You found the Hull performance painful? Not sure what you are expecting. Thought you went to games to support the team? I agree about away games - you mentioned not being able to drag yourself out of the pub for home games.

Yes I found The Hull game exceptionally dull. I'm sorry if you think that means I wasn't supporting the team. I even clapped a bit in the 2nd half.

First half was absolutely crap. I hate it that we point blank refuse to take the game to teams.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Chips and beans are good.

Beans should never even caress the fish tho...

Fish and beans is dreadful and just wrong. Chips and beans with a good lashing of vinegar though - and even better with a big lump of gammon and fried egg

18 hours ago, LSOwls said:

It's been covered but we need to be more active in targeting new fans across South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw and the Peak district ( Sheffield City Region) :ph34r:

We need to segment the fans as the actions are different. IE:

Reasons for not supporting Wednesday are:

(Some will fall into more than one box and there will be way more reasons)

1 - Support a different team due to family ties - NO ACTION, hard to convert

2 - Support a 'Premiership' team - Push to make Wednesday their 2nd club. KEY TARGET

3 - Kids / people who are first or second generation immigrants and have no family ties to a club. It's easier for these to support a 'Premiership' club - KEY TARGET

4 - No interest in football - SECONDARY TARGET, hard to convert.

5 - New to the city (students, workers etc) - Push to make Wednesday their 1st / 2nd club. KEY TARGET

For those that are a key target there are 2 actions

1 - Get them interested/ to a game.

You do by targeted offers;most businesses do this by building aailing list with a questionnaire. Pricing is key.

2 - Retain / get them to come back.

Match day experience. It needs to be a great day out and not only the football. You need value for money compared to other 'activities'. This is through the food offering, atmosphere, activities for kids etc...

Fantastic post this.

All about growing the fan base and how to keep them. I always post about this. 

It’s key to the future support of our club.

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Fantastic post this.

All about growing the fan base and how to keep them. I always post about this. 

It’s key to the future support of our club.

All very well jonesy... but where do you stand on having fish and beans sharing a plate?

• Haha 1

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Yes I found The Hull game exceptionally dull. I'm sorry if you think that means I wasn't supporting the team. I even clapped a bit in the 2nd half.

First half was absolutely crap. I hate it that we point blank refuse to take the game to teams.

Stay in the pub then.

1 defeat in the last 7 home games - to a side now in the PL, scored plenty of goals in that time as well.

The financial situation is affecting the team in terms of what we are capable of due to not being able to improve the midfield and losing 2 defenders that were in the first 11.

We can debate that all we like on here and rightly be critical of the financial management but on matchday what we do have in the squad need support and to be fair they have been getting results at home so get behind them. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Stay in the pub then.

1 defeat in the last 7 home games - to a side now in the PL, scored plenty of goals in that time as well.

The financial situation is affecting the team in terms of what we are capable of due to not being able to improve the midfield and losing 2 defenders that were in the first 11.

We can debate that all we like on here and rightly be critical of the financial management but on matchday what we do have in the squad need support and to be fair they have been getting results at home so get behind them. 

You mention the financial situation - and then in the next breath you're telling people to stay away?

Some fan you are. Don't you care?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

All very well jonesy... but where do you stand on having fish and beans sharing a plate?

Well I’m assuming I’ve got a treat to come when I’ve caught up on this thread by the sounds of it.

Got to be honest though. Not really a fan of beans. Insane I know. More of a spaghetti hoops kinda guy.

• Haha 1

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Well I’m assuming I’ve got a treat to come when I’ve caught up on this thread by the sounds of it.

Got to be honest though. Not really a fan of beans. Insane I know. More of a spaghetti hoops kinda guy.

Would you put hoops with fish a chips?

30 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

There are a few posters on here that have been predicting the financial malaise our Chairman has led us into for over 2 years - and all they have had is abuse from posters (like you ironically) desperate to shoot the messenger - and lap up every bit of crap that has come out of steering groups, fans forums, Chairmans interviews and statements on the website

"FFP isnt a problem"

Oh yes it is, and it still is. We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

I'm going to repeat that for effect and just to make sure you, and every body else understand it.

We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

Ive made it bold and underlined so that nobody can misconstrue.

I wouldn't worry about next season too much as far as I understand this season is the, all estimated losses

£13 million, £20 million £20 million. Overspend £14 million. 2018/19

Then next season, seeing as though nothing much has changed it could be

£20 million £20 million £20 million. Overspend £21 million. 2019/20

Then if we cut our cloth accordingly it may get done to £14ish million.

£20 million, £20 million £14 million. Overspend £15 million. 2020/21.

Then we may cut some more and get it really down to a bit more than what MM was losing, call it £8 million, who knows what playing staff we have then.

£20 million, £ 14 million, £8 million. Overspend  £3 million, 2021/22.

Now I will admit I don't know the proper figures can could be miles out but even if I am close it will take at least 4/6 years to get back on track if we do not start selling players and there are not that many to sell. Contracts will be allowed to run out or we will sell at a low price.

As I said I wouldn't worry too much about an embargo next season, we could be in one for the long haul.

13 minutes ago, steelowl said:

absolutely correct

I have organised this on 2 occasions in the past and introduced hundreds of kids to SWFC and this was allowed by previous regimes - I'm not able to do it again,  but I remember mentioning this in a similar thread years ago and  wednesdayite  said they'd contact me for info and i'm still waiting 

a bit like a very influential person posting spendaggon in block letters several times  prob a a joke but there are some people on here who struggle with reality and take you as gospel 

no the conversation was 

MM  has tha got the cash?

DC  yeah!!

MM  You'll do 

presumably you'd enjoy advising a brick wall to become a table and staring at a P45 as a relief 

I did get that impression. Maybe it’s just towards the fans? 

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You mention the financial situation - and then in the next breath you're telling people to stay away?

Some fan you are. Don't you care?

Again, what a load of rubbish. I am suggesting you stay away as you are not enjoying it, even when we have lost 1 in 7 at home and scored plenty of goals. Team don't roll the red carpet out for us, we have no divine right to win. If you find our current home form depressing to the point of not wanting to go then it's not great support is it? 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
15 minutes ago, steelowl said:

absolutely correct

In all of those years did you ever consider contacting Wednesdayite about it?