Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can't seriously think the general fan base think that? I think the vast majority are well aware of the trouble we are in and are resigned to the fact we desperately need to generate more money and the most obvious way to do so will be to sell valuable players, which seems inevitable next summer if not before.

There are a few posters on here that have been predicting the financial malaise our Chairman has led us into for over 2 years - and all they have had is abuse from posters (like you ironically) desperate to shoot the messenger - and lap up every bit of crap that has come out of steering groups, fans forums, Chairmans interviews and statements on the website

"FFP isnt a problem"

Oh yes it is, and it still is. We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

I'm going to repeat that for effect and just to make sure you, and every body else understand it.

We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

Ive made it bold and underlined so that nobody can misconstrue.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

This needs a total overhaul I think

Were the majority just silent nodders too?

The majority were, however in their defence it was difficult to get a word in egdgeways with Mr Chansiri. The format was supposed to be round the table but by the time we were half way round most questions had been answered in one way or another. 

• Thanks 1

I genuinely think the club should have some sort of young people’s forum. To pick their brains and garner  ideas. For example pick 20 season ticket holders between the ages of 14 -18 and have a split of 50/50 males and females. I genuinely think that the club would benefit  10 fold for thus as the younger generation have never known our success from the 90s and don’t yet have any agendas other than going to watch  and cheer on the players. 

Edited by coe_22

2 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

I genuinely think the club should have some sort of young people’s forum. To pick their brains as garner  ideas. For example pick 20 season ticket holders between the ages of 14 -18 and have a split of 50/50 males and females. I genuinely think that the club would benefit  10 fold for thus as the younger generation have never known our success from the 90s and don’t yet have any agendas other than going to watch  and cheer on the players. 

YES to this

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, akbuk said:

I don't know why he doesn't sell some of his equity in the club 

This was brought up and he said that it still wouldn’t help due to what the EFL will allow otherwise he would have already done this.

1 minute ago, coe_22 said:

This was brought up and he said that it still wouldn’t help due to what the EFL will allow otherwise he would have already done this.

Could the money raised be used to wipe off the debt 

13 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

There are a few posters on here that have been predicting the financial malaise our Chairman has led us into for over 2 years - and all they have had is abuse from posters (like you ironically) desperate to shoot the messenger - and lap up every bit of crap that has come out of steering groups, fans forums, Chairmans interviews and statements on the website

"FFP isnt a problem"

Oh yes it is, and it still is. We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

I'm going to repeat that for effect and just to make sure you, and every body else understand it.

We have to overturn a £20m deficit in spending in one season to avoid another embargo next year.

Show me any instance where I have given anyone abuse or denied that our financial situation is a serious problem.

You posted that you find dragging yourself out of the pub for home game depressing - when we are unbeaten at home for a while and have scored plenty of goals in recent home games. Stay in the pub if you find the football so depressing.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Show me any instance where I have given anyone abuse or denied that our financial situation is a serious problem.

You posted that you find dragging yourself out of the pub for home game depressing - when we are unbeaten at home for a while and have scored plenty of goals in recent home games. Stay in the pub if you find the football so depressing.

Image result for diddums gif

6 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

"FFP isnt a problem"

It’s been quite obvious to most that DC and his entourage are not capable of running Sheffield Wednesday correctly. 

Point it out on here and you get called negative or a gloom and doom merchant - while the usual mob (a lot that don’t go anywhere near Hillsborough) start praising the silly membership schemes, the fact we have Sheffield music, kits for fat blokes, etc all the peripheral nonsense. 

The core of growing the club in the correct manner has been neglected/overlooked/incorrectly done.

Look no further than the joke that was the 150th anniversary shambles, our embarrassment of ticket prices and the fiasco that has been the kit. 

Sadly the only way we can help the club at the minute is to go the matches.

The season ticket holders are and have been outstanding during his tenure - now it’s up to the casual fan.

Yes the prices are sickening, but if you care enough to give the club a glimmer of hope in the next few years I’d suggest you try and go to 1 in 3 Home matches.

We had 40k at Wembley, we have 20k season ticket holders - the other 20k its now in your hands. 

Is 1 game in 3 too much to ask?

• Thanks 2

I think having a range of forums is great and the club should be listening meaningfully. I also think that it should be such a rarity that we get a better suggestion from them than ‘be clearer on shirt sizing’ or ‘softer bog roll please’. The CEO should be going back in to the office on Monday stating ‘nothing new, on with the show’ when asked what came out of the steering group purely because we’re already focused on the right plan.

Edited by Sonny

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Image result for diddums gif

Yep, you win, great response. 

Is that you in the pub, considering the thought of having to drag yourself to the match?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, you win, great response. 

Is that you in the pub, considering the thought of having to drag yourself to the match?

Im not there yet... its me sat at home thinking I might not have enough beer at this rate to dull the pain lol

It could easily have been me after Hull at home. Or Brentford & Wigan away.

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Point it out on here and you get called negative or a gloom and doom merchant - while the usual mob (a lot that don’t go anywhere near Hillsborough) start praising the silly membership schemes, the fact we have Sheffield music, kits for fat blokes, etc all the peripheral nonsense. 

You do realise that the peripheral nonsense can be added/sorted as WELL as everything else?

It's not one or the other

I wish people would understand this

It's like saying "All those who keep going to the chip shop asking for the peripheral peas or beans on their fish and chips"

You can fry a lovely piece of fish and make it superb AND then add beans or peas 

That's how life is

(and chip shops)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Im not there yet... its me sat at home thinking I might not have enough beer at this rate to dull the pain lol

It could easily have been me after Hull at home. Or Brentford & Wigan away.

You found the Hull performance painful? Not sure what you are expecting. Thought you went to games to support the team? I agree about away games - you mentioned not being able to drag yourself out of the pub for home games.