Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

30 minutes ago, Ash-Williams said:

The other option is to get relegated and then there is no sanction for ffp

QPR got relegated and were hit with a £40 million fine,being relegated to league one whilst breaking P&S RULES doesn't mean there's a clean slate for swfc to start spending again.

Just now, coe_22 said:

He repeatedly said he’d solved the FFP problem by himself. Not sure what he actually meant though as he also said we may have problems next year if we don’t get promotion l. 

Thanks, and I suppose he’s right if solving it meant negotiating with the league, selling Hunt and loaning Rhodes. You don’t get huge credit for solving a problem that you created though. Like you say, it’s not exactly solved anyway if he says we’re in bigger trouble next year. 

Just now, Sonny said:

Thanks, and I suppose he’s right if solving it meant negotiating with the league, selling Hunt and loaning Rhodes. You don’t get huge credit for solving a problem that you created though. Like you say, it’s not exactly solved anyway if he says we’re in bigger trouble next year. 

But to look at it purely from a PR angle the fanbase now will totally believe that everythings ok again simply because they don't want to delve into it all, don't want to be bothered with it all, and will just take a headline and run with it

EMBARGO LIFTED to the general fanbase will mean ALL PROBLEMS HAVE NOW GONE AWAY

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But to look at it purely from a PR angle the fanbase now will totally believe that everythings ok again simply because they don't want to delve into it all, don't want to be bothered with it all, and will just take a headline and run with it

I'm not so sure.

Afterall many fans don't beleive the manager pickes the team. Don't believe that the injured players are injured.

There's barely a day goes by when some news isn't shot down as being fake news.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish he'd expand on this point

ps- how did you find the meeting last night mate?

It was an eye opener. I was surprised at the demographic of those in attendance. Not much representation of the younger generation. And only 2 ladies there.

as I said previously it was more of a smaller fans forum instead of a steering group. That’s mainly down to DC though. 

Guest Maxine
1 hour ago, modboy said:

Being from a privileged background I do wonder if he understands the reality/disposable income of the average football supporter. 

I'm certain that he doesn't.

Probably true but if he knows otherwise then he’d be best served having a plan to avoid it, enacting the plan and explaining why it’s necessary. Bizarrely, even though he created the mess people will understand that we had a go and it failed and now we’re taking a different approach. He’s ‘lucky’ in a way that due to his actions most people now realise that an embargo is very bad. Previously people were of the opinion that we should ‘spend now, get all the players in then screw the embargo, we’ll just get promoted with our brilliant squad and pay a fine’. Now they will understand... if some failings are admitted and they see a plan.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not so sure.

Afterall many fans don't beleive the manager pickes the team. Don't believe that the injured players are injured.

There's barely a day goes by when some news isn't shot down as being fake news.

That's online - where the fans who are engaged between matches reside

The fanbase that just rocks up to games are the polar opposite and very much easily swayed by headlines

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

It was an eye opener. I was surprised at the demographic of those in attendance. Not much representation of the younger generation. And only 2 ladies there.

as I said previously it was more of a smaller fans forum instead of a steering group. That’s mainly down to DC though. 

Was it mostly old middle aged blokes sat huffing and puffing?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

How do you get relegated... assuming the team is good enough to stay up?

Match fixing?

I would say keep going the way we are at the min will give us a good shout at it, The ego maniac has already said if we had get relegated last year there would be no financial fair play issues

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Im still cnvinced Milan flew to Bangkok and told him that Sheffield is an up and coming suburb of London second only to Knightsbridge

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't seriously think the general fan base think that? I think the vast majority are well aware of the trouble we are in and are resigned to the fact we desperately need to generate more money and the most obvious way to do so will be to sell valuable players, which seems inevitable next summer if not before.

it's just that some are able to put it to one side on for matches and get behind the team, whoever gets picked. 1 or 2 have alluded that it is difficult to drag themselves out of the pub to get to Hillsborough as games depress them, not great support that & not sure what they are expecting as our home form has been good recently. 

How difficult is it to just say ‘it is imperitive that we stay within the limits of P&S therefore player sales might be required in order to balance the books and provide opportunity to revitalise the squad’.

Say that, and mean it.

Honestly, I said it after the fans forum, in January and/or the summer we’re going to have a uniquely bizarre situation where our fans will be literally begging our chairman to sell some of our best players. 

• Like 1

The fanbase that just rocks up to games are the polar opposite and very much easily swayed by headlines

If it's headlines we need to get out of this mess and get the money rolling in.

Then I shall start turning the screws forthwith!

The headlines don't have to be true do they?

wild two.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3