Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

Chansiri is completely blinded by the prospect of the premier league that’s all he cares about, can’t believe he’s still suggesting it as a realistic option this season the bloke is totally bonkers. The player turnover issue aswell it is vital to maintaining a healthy and balanced squad, Derby and Brentford among others have done it well, his stubbornness is just costing us millions of pounds further down the line when our ‘assests’ become old, injury prone and out of contract. He needs a new strategy quick. 

7 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Chansiri is completely blinded by the prospect of the premier league that’s all he cares about, can’t believe he’s still suggesting it as a realistic option this season the bloke is totally bonkers. The player turnover issue aswell it is vital to maintaining a healthy and balanced squad, Derby and Brentford among others have done it well, his stubbornness is just costing us millions of pounds further down the line when our ‘assests’ become old, injury prone and out of contract. He needs a new strategy quick. 

Putting aside his undoubted business acumen for a moment, he's only been watching football for 2/3 years. He's watched us finish 6th and then 4th. He's then seen a season where a huge chunk of the squad that did it were unavailable so he's putting last season down to that.

It's no surprise that he doesn't share the pessimism of the more experienced football supporter.

I don’t think FF will go this window. FA investigation hasn’t concluded. Plus we will want to see where we are in January.

DC possibly thinks that we’re too far gone to get in line financially and these new contracts and loans may be to do with taking a punishment on the chin. New contracts aside I don’t like that approach and I think we need to play the long game rather than mistakenly have the pedal to the metal at all times. 

Until the other week I trusted that DC had a genuine plan to manage FFP and we were working within it. But it’s a nasty surprise to realise that’s not the case.

Edited by Bluesteel

9 hours ago, steveger said:

Is the event being held in North Korea ?...

could well be . before the millwall game I was amazed how many supporters went up to chansiri for a selfi ,why don't he just stick his ass out for them to kiss it ,or have an area where we can get on our hands and knees and bow to him ,can u imagine what the scenes would be if he actually ran our club properly ,he would be treated like some kind of mega pop star some kind of god , when his is statue going to be built ? 

I am now "officially bored to death" of embargo talk, profit and loss talk, trying to look for a plan to run the club successfully and I am totally switched off from that side of things. From now on, I am simply going to watch a football match between two teams, from my season ticket seat.

Mr C has succeeded in wearing me down to the point where I now think that its his business if he wants to make huge loses, let him get on with it. I now am a supporter of the team and couldn't care less about the financial viability of the club. Why should I worry about things I have no control over or will be ever listened to, when I show concern. Its futile .He will not change, he will not listen he will not learn .I say let him plow his lonely furrow .I am out of his "we are all family" philosophy .You can only take so much.

I'm off to get into my car and drive the return trip to Sheffield of 157 miles and shall not expect to get back home before 9 O'clock tonight. I shall do my usual supporting of the team, that's my destiny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DC is very typical of an owner manager businessman. I deal with a lot of them in my day to day world so i know how they roll. Not a criticism because many are very successful but listening to their own advice is the main trait.

Hopefully Katrien is the one that can pierce the bubble

20 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Putting aside his undoubted business acumen for a moment, he's only been watching football for 2/3 years. He's watched us finish 6th and then 4th. He's then seen a season where a huge chunk of the squad that did it were unavailable so he's putting last season down to that.

It's no surprise that he doesn't share the pessimism of the more experienced football supporter.

True. But he needs to find that middle ground which is the reality. I’m not convinced the likes of Derby or Villa will comply with FFP either and that’s what we are up against as the Preston’s, Brentford’s etc rarely make top six, but selling high and having good scouts to get the next star has to be the way for us to go. Picking our moments to spend big when we can.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

The guys out of touch with reality and a lot of the fans.

Those that can't see how he is responsible for leading us into this financial mess are stpod playing the violin on the titanic. 

You won't get me abusing the guy so stop rolling out our evil fans as an excuse and open your eyes. We have been completely mismanaged. Look st other clubs in comparison to us. Or... keep saying everything's fine. 

Keep thinking not being told we're in an embargo is fine. Keep thinking 3 years of spending hasn't been planned and accounted for is fine. Keep thinking a chairman that takes every opportunity to lecture his fanbase about how to behave and support the club is fine. Keep thinking having the highest prices in the league is fine. Keep thinking that he is understanding of our fanbase. Keep believing it'll turn good. Maybe if you fork out a couple of grand on an 1867 scheme it will. So why don't you clappers get your hands in your pockets? 

Absolute post of the week.

The sooner he is gone the better, it's just a shame some can't seem to grasp that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I am now "officially bored to death" of embargo talk, profit and loss talk, trying to look for a plan to run the club successfully and I am totally switched off from that side of things. From now on, I am simply going to watch a football match between two teams, from my season ticket seat.

Mr C has succeeded in wearing me down to the point where I now think that its his business if he wants to make huge loses, let him get on with it. I now am a supporter of the team and couldn't care less about the financial viability of the club. Why should I worry about things I have no control over or will be ever listened to, when I show concern. Its futile .He will not change, he will not listen he will not learn .I say let him plow his lonely furrow .I am out of his "we are all family" philosophy .You can only take so much.

I'm off to get into my car and drive the return trip to Sheffield of 157 miles and shall not expect to get back home before 9 O'clock tonight. I shall do my usual supporting of the team, that's my destiny.

Fair points, but if it results in unprecedented punishments such as points deductions it costs us all. 

what do you do ?...sell your best players and probably get relegated or keep them and struggle on as we are with the forlorn hope of getting promoted but which in reality  will probably lead to relegation anyway  a bit further  down the line …..I don't see some hairbrained scheme of expecting the fans to invest thousands solving the problem .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

True. But he needs to find that middle ground which is the reality. I’m not convinced the likes of Derby or Villa will comply with FFP either and that’s what we are up against as the Preston’s, Brentford’s etc rarely make top six, but selling high and having good scouts to get the next star has to be the way for us to go. Picking our moments to spend big when we can.

Thing is mate, being like Brentford or Preston holds no appeal for him He wants to dine at the top table

Guest Hillsborough Mole
57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think he's a bad egg.

Clearly wants us to do well.

Afterall why wouldn't he.

He just needs someone.

An aide to guide him.

Then everyones a winner

Doesn't even rhyme

Dreading the chorus