Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

I tried to stress a few times that turnover of players can be a healthy thing (Derby do it quite successfully) but Mr C seems to suggest that they are his assets and no can have them, I remember how despondent I was with the sale Dalian Atkinson years ago but the money raised bought two players (Wilson and Williams) that improved the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The guys out of touch with reality and a lot of the fans.

Those that can't see how he is responsible for leading us into this financial mess are stpod playing the violin on the titanic. 

You won't get me abusing the guy so stop rolling out our evil fans as an excuse and open your eyes. We have been completely mismanaged. Look st other clubs in comparison to us. Or... keep saying everything's fine. 

Keep thinking not being told we're in an embargo is fine. Keep thinking 3 years of spending hasn't been planned and accounted for is fine. Keep thinking a chairman that takes every opportunity to lecture his fanbase about how to behave and support the club is fine. Keep thinking having the highest prices in the league is fine. Keep thinking that he is understanding of our fanbase. Keep believing it'll turn good. Maybe if you fork out a couple of grand on an 1867 scheme it will. So why don't you clappers get your hands in your pockets? 

• Like 1

I am sure Liverpool did not want to sell Coutinho but it happens. Player trading is part and parcel of the game. 

Apart from SWFC 

We are trailblazing again 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The guys out of touch with reality and a lot of the fans.

Those that can't see how he is responsible for leading us into this financial mess are stpod playing the violin on the titanic. 

You won't get me abusing the guy so stop rolling out our evil fans as an excuse and open your eyes. We have been completely mismanaged. Look st other clubs in comparison to us. Or... keep saying everything's fine. 

Keep thinking not being told we're in an embargo is fine. Keep thinking 3 years of spending hasn't been planned and accounted for is fine. Keep thinking a chairman that takes every opportunity to lecture his fanbase about how to behave and support the club is fine. Keep thinking having the highest prices in the league is fine. Keep thinking that he is understanding of our fanbase. Keep believing it'll turn good. Maybe if you fork out a couple of grand on an 1867 scheme it will. So why don't you clappers get your hands in your pockets? 

Great post, 100% this 

I guess Mr C believes  the best way of dealing with the losses, is to achieve promotion this season 

I’m normally pretty pessimistic about all things Wednesday, but I wouldn’t write off our chances of achieving that. If we can address the imbalances in the squad, through a few quality loan signings, then we should be able to mount a challenge 

Jos will have at his disposal, a far stronger squad than the one Carlos got to Wembley He needs to find the system that suits the players, and limit the chopping and changing Once the squad is balanced, there’s no reason why we should be talking about mid table consolation. Let’s give it our best shot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just can’t see a way out of this. Someone mentioned the other night it’s like a poor game of snakes and ladders. We might go up a rung, but will keep falling down the ladder. 

Re FF it’s like what Adams said about Ozil the other day. He’s the icing on the cake. Problem is, we don’t have a cake. Other than Cakeball of course. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I am sure Liverpool did not want to sell Coutinho but it happens. Player trading is part and parcel of the game. 

Apart from SWFC 

We are trailblazing again 

Its insanity. Madness even.

Not selling anyone.

Collecting and hoarding players. That age. That decline. That get demotivated. That lose value. That aren't as good as they once were. Wtf is this strategy and how can some fans accept it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I guess Mr C believes  the best way of dealing with the losses, is to achieve promotion this season 

I’m normally pretty pessimistic about all things Wednesday, but I wouldn’t write off our chances of achieving that. If we can address the imbalances in the squad, through a few quality loan signings, then we should be able to mount a challenge 

Jos will have at his disposal, a far stronger squad than the one Carlos got to Wembley He needs to find the system that suits the players, and limit the chopping and changing Once the squad is balanced, there’s no reason why we should be talking about mid table consolation. Let’s give it our best shot

Re Promotion. 

Would someone politely tell DC that we havn’t got a ****** prayer. If that’s the strategy, start planninv now for failure. 

• Like 1

He's very naive if he thinks fans are going to bail him out of the mess re overspending on players such as Urby, mcmanaman, Buckley etc and to a lesser extent  Abdi, Rhodes, price, Jones, Westwood etc and not playing them 

Edited by modboy

10 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I tried to stress a few times that turnover of players can be a healthy thing (Derby do it quite successfully) but Mr C seems to suggest that they are his assets and no can have them, I remember how despondent I was with the sale Dalian Atkinson years ago but the money raised bought two players (Wilson and Williams) that improved the team.

Without bringing in a sizeable fee for a player or two, I can't see how the club hope to escape further embargoes.

It's what every other Championship club without parachute payments has to do in order to allow them to continue to invest in their playing squads. Fans would accept that; it's how football at this level works.

What fans won't accept is being offered yet more high priced harebrained schemes as an alternative to prudent management from those in control of our club.

Our plan at the moment appears to be to bury our heads in the sand and pray for a miracle, and it worries me no end.

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Well I for one am remaining positive

Absolutely convinced Mr C has a plan

Tell you what. If he has a genuine plan other than his bizarre promotion fantasy, and he succeeds, then he is the greatest Chairman in the World, and Real Madrid beckons.

Personally I still think he's a clueless spoilt kid.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Re Promotion. 

Would someone politely tell DC that we havn’t got a ****** prayer. If that’s the strategy, start planninv now for failure. 

Carlos got an inferior squad to 2 play offs Why can’t Jos go one better?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Of course the other plan / option is that the EFL do look at the projection for what would be the 19/20 season figures so with a lot of senior player contracts ending then perhaps there will be considerable wage savings moving forward.

Which players are out of contract?