Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

1 minute ago, Watson said:

I trust you, did you put your questions forward in any of the threads so they could be at least asked by OT posters going to the meeting?

I did, no mention so far about dinky sausages with pointy sticks so far, early though so still hopeful.

On 23/08/2018 at 20:25, LSOwls said:

Great thread; I've posted all of these before but thought I'd give it another go. 

Kop facilities

Below is a cheap and quick way to improve facilities on the kop. You simply build "decking" onto the banks with bars on.

They can be easily added to the current stairs. The middle "bar" could link the left and right staircases at the back of the kop.

post-22045-0-67599800-1433787855.png

post-22045-0-26160100-1440095413_thumb.jpg

Space behind North:

There is an area behind the megastore and North stand that is used to house old rubbish. If you walk up the ramp from the away end and look left, it is there (on phone so can't find it on a map)

It's a large area and would be ideal to house some new bars. I'd also like to see us close the megastore during games and use the car park as extra space (like we do pre-gane). I presume sales in the shop are next to zero during a game; maybe we should make a few sakes at HT.

Food Trucks

During a game (and before) we should house food trucks in the Megastore carpark, North stand (at the area above) behind the West and under the South. These can be good or booze and the club should charge a flat fee per game. 

The club earn money, the food trucks (which are huge at the moment) earn money and the supporters get a better experience

Good idea a few away grounds do that with the trucks.

I'm a so called happy clapper, defend the actions of the club whenever I can and try to look at things from a few angles without jumping to conclusions, I've defended these meetings to the hilt before but tonight's felt like a waste of time.

The format used to be a round the table question/answer/suggestion format, now it's Mr Chansiri opening with a 45min (minimum) rant about how can he push the club forward if the fans don't want to invest in the likes of the 1867 scheme etc.

I did ask about the possibility of members discounts being used against shirt sales - this was rejected as the shirts are selling well

The ground capacity is now touching 35k thanks to the work of Richard Stanford (who always gives a good account of himslef)

The retro shirts have sold well but no more have been planned for release as yet.

The Kop is to get a Pete McKee mural which will be great (planning consent permitting)

The fan zone has been successful and will continue to grow.

There were no slices of lemon for the drinks in the 1867 lounge for the Hull game but there were for Millwall :tango:

The ticket bundle idea is a bit of a trial to see how it goes, maybe extended to further deals.

1867 mk2 could be on its way.

Thats a brief summary I'm too tired to type anymore, I'm sure other attendees will embellish zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh hang on the second question if the night was a show stopper:

You hate the fans, you hate the players, they're all greedy, why are you still here?

Cue a deathly silence :Chansiri:

Edited by toppOwl
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Mr Chansiri opening with a 45min (minimum) rant about how can he push the club forward if the fans don't want to invest in the likes of the 1867 scheme etc.

Thanks for going along asking all the questions and putting together the report, it’s appreciated.

DC really ought to know the answer to this as it’s very clear - as fans we may be stakeholders in the club, but unless he fancies allowing a fan group to buy out a percentage of the club and grant them a seat on the board (like Swansea used to do) then we are not the club’s investors and should not be relied upon as such.  Paying exorbitant ticket prices out of near-blind loyalty to the club is a personal choice, not an investment decision. As fans we seek an emotional return on investment rather than any financial one. The investor role is down to him and anyone else he may find.