Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This is a no brainer to me. Use the empty seats to lure the next generation of supporters, get them hooked ,but let them in for FREE as you say . Its not like the bottom of the Lepp is used for paying fans. 

Or use them as unreserved seating, so that groups of mates can turn up on a whim and watch the match together. Just like many of us did when the Kop was standing.

Just now, sibon said:

Or use them as unreserved seating, so that groups of mates can turn up on a whim and watch the match together. Just like many of us did when the Kop was standing.

Good shout. 

6 hours ago, Geedee said:

With the amount of security /stewards, Wednesday already employ having a few outside the ground during the match  with phones/video cameras, patrolling the local streets deterring car vandalism would be a very nice, reletively low cost thing for the club to do to encourage people to come to Hillsborough. 

Eg put 2 stewards at either end of herries road walking up and down half of it each would imo virtually eliminate that problem. 

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Would think there would be all sort of issues with that.

Why?

I am not suggesting that they carry machetes and cut the little rumblezoids hands off. (it's an interesting thought but I am still not suggesting it lol

I am not suggesting they try and catch the things.

I am simply saying that thieves and vandals are operating when they know people are at the match so they have a low chance of being seen. 

A few high viz stewards simply walking up and down the road will make it a far more riskier thing for the thieves and vandals to do. Imo simply knowing that they could be seen will put all but the dedicated wrong doers off. 

These guy

Bring back the normal shaped baseball caps. The ones shaped more like the ones Pulis wears, not those daft flat front, big domed things that obviously killed the sales off, they were awful..

Also re-stock the shop more regularly, last time I was in the club shop it was badly under-stocked. I checked the online store recently and that was badly stocked too.

3 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Why?

I am not suggesting that they carry machetes and cut the little rumblezoids hands off. (it's an interesting thought but I am still not suggesting it lol

I am not suggesting they try and catch the things.

I am simply saying that thieves and vandals are operating when they know people are at the match so they have a low chance of being seen. 

A few high viz stewards simply walking up and down the road will make it a far more riskier thing for the thieves and vandals to do. Imo simply knowing that they could be seen will put all but the dedicated wrong doers off. 

These guy

Putting their safety at risk for minimum wage and the implications for the club should a steward be attacked.

Report it to the police and keep the pressure on them to patrol the area.  

Agree with your sentiments in the last paragraph main.  Better the police do it.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

This is a no brainer to me. Use the empty seats to lure the next generation of supporters, get them hooked ,but let them in for FREE as you say . Its not like the bottom of the Lepp is used for paying fans. 

Or (West Stand only) pay for three kids and let the accompanying adult in for free - get mum out the house  :biggrin:

18 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

bring back the walkout music what we had for the last few years, if its not broken why change it? not the same since 

It’s gone 

get over it 

we’ve evolved and the new stuff is better and it’s Sheffield and it’s OURS 

Instead if whinging help make it work and get clapping along 

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s gone 

get over it 

we’ve evolved and the new stuff is better and it’s Sheffield and it’s OURS 

Instead if whinging help make it work and get clapping along 

Bring back TC sing the blues. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but just generally market the club better, I unfortunately through work see a lot of the various stuff United put out and they make such a massive song and dance about literally anything they do whereas we don't.

For instance looking on the shop website there's the new training gear for this season available now as well as some new casual T Shirts and Polo shirts yet I've seen nothing on the club website, or social media to tell fans. 

Also the 6 match bundle deal as far as I can tell has largely only been advertised at matches which means most people seeing will probably already have a ticket for the games. Advertise on Social Media, in the Star, I remember seeing adverts for Season Tickets on billboards a few years ago. Surely any expense would be covered if 1% of people who see the ads buy the 6 match bundle?

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Or fill the lower leppings Lane with school kids. One or 2 schools from Sheffield / Rotherham is chosen each week and they all come in for free. Not one or 2 of them, offer it to the whole school and their parents. 

Bring in the next generation. Make it look better for the tele and maybe shift some extra food/merchandise on the back of it.

I sit in the grandstand with my lads and there are often groups of kids up there - football teams and the like. I think that is the place to offer free tickets (if they don't already) - great facilities,  good view, set up for kids already. Better that than the dire concourse and poor view from the West Stand :)

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm not sure the club are really that bothered about stadium catering.

I went to get some lunch at the first home game on the Kop, there were no signs for me to make my mind up before I got to the till, and then only this when I got there. It's clearly last season's with some stuff scribbled out. 

And as soon as you get to the till they shout 'NO HOT FOOD' in your face..

It's like they just don't give a poo and have decided to stop trying.. I've been to non league ground that are more professional

Screenshot_20180824-124612_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e0f86d55382589aedc5e7b3799a1dddb.jpg

Bottles of water wholesale cost 20p for something like Harrogate spring. £2 is offensive. 

2 hours ago, sibon said:

This is more what I meant. For certain matches if you fancy going on the day it would be £15/20 and you could pay on the gate. 

13 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but just generally market the club better, I unfortunately through work see a lot of the various stuff United put out and they make such a massive song and dance about literally anything they do whereas we don't.

For instance looking on the shop website there's the new training gear for this season available now as well as some new casual T Shirts and Polo shirts yet I've seen nothing on the club website, or social media to tell fans. 

Also the 6 match bundle deal as far as I can tell has largely only been advertised at matches which means most people seeing will probably already have a ticket for the games. Advertise on Social Media, in the Star, I remember seeing adverts for Season Tickets on billboards a few years ago. Surely any expense would be covered if 1% of people who see the ads buy the 6 match bundle?

I reckon it needs a more proactive approach to the marketing/comms now

We've got a solid steady sensible foundation which is great and it does it's job but it feels very serious like the news

Needs a more exciting approach additional to this that does exactly what you say above. A fan oriented thing as well as a club oriented news thing.

The emails going out in the past from the club have been way way way way WAY WAY WAY too frequent , especially from the retail side which has led to exhaustion from fans and why the mailing list will have been decimated recently with people refusing to have anything to do with the relentless onslaught of emails

Needs more creativity, spark, imagination, and needs to be fan led/oriented and the stuff would fly if advertised that way

Owlstalk Shop

I was in the club shop the other night and there were a few things I would wear but not with that badge on it I wouldn't …..it may be a throwback to the traditional badge of yore but it don't look good on any modern day leisurewear …..so get 70s owl back would be my request . .

9 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I sit in the grandstand with my lads and there are often groups of kids up there - football teams and the like. I think that is the place to offer free tickets (if they don't already) - great facilities,  good view, set up for kids already. Better that than the dire concourse and poor view from the West Stand :)

unaccompanied kids running around the grandstand concourse is a very bad idea …..better they have there own area and the lower west is ideal .