Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its brand new mate

We literally shoved it on the club a day before the first match

itll get refined

give it time

It seems that way too. Put together in 5 minutes with no brains behind any of it. 

If no one says anything and just kisses peoples backsides nothing improves.

I’m glad they realise it needs big improvements.

Fingers crossed for the future.

New Scanners to validate disabled supporters entry in North Stand !! 

Don't know if other disabled supporters/carers experience queues/delays now that they have to tick you off on a list ... also means you can't load your Cup Games to your ST as they have to give you paper tickets to validate that you have bought them!

1867 lounge. I'm a foundation member but can't go in with a plus 1 unless pay a fiver. How many people go to match on their Todd? Makes it a very expensive couple of prematch beers if paying a fiver for the Mrs. *they do allow me to take the lad in free of charge, just not the Mrs. Understand that it could mean members can't gain access, but what about from 2pm, providing room, members can bring another adult in with them. 

I end up spending my money in another pub. 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

The food offering needs to be improved drastically, just because most other football grounds offer over priced crap doesn't mean we have to. 

Dipping the toe in to trying new offerings is the easy way, start by having pop up food stalls/trucks outside the ground/in the car park or even taking over one of the kiosks in the ground. take 15% of all takings and rotate them every 4 weeks or games.

It's time the food on offer was brought up a few notches, paying over the odds for sub standard food is not what people want anymore. 

In truth the whole commercial arm of the club needs some real attention, it is severely lacking.

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

With the amount of security /stewards, Wednesday already employ having a few outside the ground during the match  with phones/video cameras, patrolling the local streets deterring car vandalism would be a very nice, reletively low cost thing for the club to do to encourage people to come to Hillsborough. 

Eg put 2 stewards at either end of herries road walking up and down half of it each would imo virtually eliminate that problem. 

Would think there would be all sort of issues with that.

Membership shop discounts to include replica shirts as their is no decent stock to spend your money on, it makes the shop discount with memberships almost completely pointless.. it's also the reason I haven't bought one. Shirt discount as well as match discount I would have bought a membership and shirts for me, kids.

In turn making more stock aimed at the youth, so exciting looking training tops, t-shirts rather than bland, boring stuff. Some of the training tops about in the world cup were very nice.

Extending the length of time you are able to use the ticket bundle.. I wouldn't mind one so I could save money, but I won't be able to make six games before the cut off date.. so again pointless for me.

Just some gripes from me.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dk0sUbMX4Ac0N7P.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Committee
Friday 24th August 2018 / 6pm at Hillsborough
Owlstalkers attending: @OWLERTON GHOST / @toppOwl / @bladeshater /  @coe_22
This is a Steering Committee meeting and NOT a Fans Forum, meaning that it's not a whinge about ticket prices, tactics, team selection etc

Instead it's designed to be a bit of a suggestion pot where fans to go the club with a load of suggestions to improve life as a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

For this meeting it would be great if we could collect some bullet points (which I will collate from the replies to this post) with some fresh new ideas, constructive suggestions and positive ideas that the club can take away and hopefully work on.

Over the last few weeks we've seen many new things introduced on the back of fan suggestions/requests and right now the club are most definitely listening so let's see what we can come up with.

For example in the Megastore recently we have started stocking items from Goo Design, and S6 Clothing, with more to come, so already the Megastore is improving. Ideas like that are most definitely worth putting forward.

We've asked for reduced membership prices - got that
Asked for ticket bundles - got that
Sheffield Music at matches - got that in bucketloads (thank you again SWFC)

Asked for better stuff in the Megstore - started to get that

Post your ideas below

Fresh, exciting new ideas to improve things whether that be commercial, non-matchday stuff, events, customer service etc etc - lets see what we can come up with.

Flags and not Just a Flag Day

Why don’t we allow supporters to spread their flags all over the Leppings Lane end of the ground to cover up the seats at every home match?

Each supporter, irrelevant of which part of the ground they sit is to be issued with a pass on a lanyard to allow them to walk around the pitch to put their flag up before the match and take it down after.

If you don’t want to take you flag home or to away matches why can’t they be stored at Hillsborough and be put out by the ball boys leading up to kick off?

I hear all the time that you need a fire certificate to bring a flag into the ground and I get that and Mr Braithwaite also confirmed it too me.

But my questions are, where can you get a fire certificate, how much do they cost, could SWFC pay for the certificates?

Surely it would brighten the place up.

1 hour ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

As was said above somewhere. Opening the bottom of the West Stand - perhaps by branding it a basic ticket at £15 or £20 a time. Shouldn't upset ST holders or members if branded that way ,- as not every game, and all you get is a match ticket and limited facilities.

Should benefit the team as well by having Owls fans on all sides.

Or fill the lower leppings Lane with school kids. One or 2 schools from Sheffield / Rotherham is chosen each week and they all come in for free. Not one or 2 of them, offer it to the whole school and their parents. 

Bring in the next generation. Make it look better for the tele and maybe shift some extra food/merchandise on the back of it.

53 minutes ago, torres said:

It seems that way too. Put together in 5 minutes with no brains behind any of it. 

You really do go about things the wrong way

saying deliberately obnoxious and inflammatory things like that is why you get dismissed so quickly and not taken seriously 

you’re not that bloke who rang up praise or grumble last night are ya?

Owlstalk Shop

Could it be asked if the club are intending to invest more and subsequently expand the Academy? Given recent events it would be good to find out how the club see the Academy progressing in the future and if they see it as a vital part of the club going forward?

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I'm not sure the club are really that bothered about stadium catering.

I went to get some lunch at the first home game on the Kop, there were no signs for me to make my mind up before I got to the till, and then only this when I got there. It's clearly last season's with some stuff scribbled out. 

And as soon as you get to the till they shout 'NO HOT FOOD' in your face..

It's like they just don't give a poo and have decided to stop trying.. I've been to non league ground that are more professional

Screenshot_20180824-124612_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e0f86d55382589aedc5e7b3799a1dddb.jpg

Don’t know about the logistics of this one but how about fans being able to text the name of their man of the match. 

Get someone to sponsor it to pay for the setup/ ongoing costs. Put the number on the screen, get the announcer to read out the number.

The sponsor gets the benefit of having their name on the big screen, read out when the MotM is announced. Maybe an automated sms is sent back (each time someone texts a nomination) with confirmation and a message from the sponsor. 

Maybe even enter everyone who texts into a prize draw. Something simple maybe like a personalised signed photo of the player receiving the MotM award? 

Edited by Miffed

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I think if you did a bit of research, you'd find we do a range of retro shirts badged appropriately.

I said I wanted more merchandise like that. The retro shirts are great (I've got one), but I'd like more.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dk0sUbMX4Ac0N7P.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Committee
Friday 24th August 2018 / 6pm at Hillsborough
Owlstalkers attending: @OWLERTON GHOST / @toppOwl / @bladeshater /  @coe_22
This is a Steering Committee meeting and NOT a Fans Forum, meaning that it's not a whinge about ticket prices, tactics, team selection etc

Instead it's designed to be a bit of a suggestion pot where fans to go the club with a load of suggestions to improve life as a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

For this meeting it would be great if we could collect some bullet points (which I will collate from the replies to this post) with some fresh new ideas, constructive suggestions and positive ideas that the club can take away and hopefully work on.

Over the last few weeks we've seen many new things introduced on the back of fan suggestions/requests and right now the club are most definitely listening so let's see what we can come up with.

For example in the Megastore recently we have started stocking items from Goo Design, and S6 Clothing, with more to come, so already the Megastore is improving. Ideas like that are most definitely worth putting forward.

We've asked for reduced membership prices - got that
Asked for ticket bundles - got that
Sheffield Music at matches - got that in bucketloads (thank you again SWFC)

Asked for better stuff in the Megstore - started to get that

Post your ideas below

Fresh, exciting new ideas to improve things whether that be commercial, non-matchday stuff, events, customer service etc etc - lets see what we can come up with.

For the little day to day stuff that makes a big difference:-

• Serve the beer in all serving areas including the foundation bar at the recommended temperatures and not ice cold, it kills the flavour of none lager beers.
  • Turn the sound down so that you can hear the sounds without distortion or bleeding eardrums.
  • Try to keep seats available for the older fans where they do not have to walk up and down too many steps. At the moment I know a few older fans including my parents, who have to go down various sets of steps and then up more steps to get in and out of the ground, then up flights of steps to get into the seating areas. It would not hurt to keep a few seats available for the older fans near to the exits and just a row up and down from them to make them more accessible. I know this doesn't sound very important, but it would make a huge difference to a lot of older fans that struggle a bit with walking, breathing, or hearts (let's face it being a Wednesday fan definitely puts a strain on those). 

For the bigger things:-

• Get friendly advise from the friends of the club that know football, like Howard Wilkinson, Gary Megson, Chris Waddle, Keith Hackett etc and appoint somebody that knows football inside out and has lots of contacts within football to run the club and to appoint people, scouts, managers, coordinators whatever you want to call them, that can bring fresh new talent into Sheffield Wednesday, in the areas where we need players at sustainable and affordable prices. Then leave all aspects of football management to the people appointed.
  • Agree a deal with the BBC which allows fans to listen again to the best service that is available. The other 61 clubs did not make a bad business decision , they made the best decision for the fans of the 61 clubs. Iplayer is a poor quality service that is not fit for purpose. A great deal of good feeling would come back to the club by returning this service back to the fans who cannot get to the games, or get to all the matches. 

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You really do go about things the wrong way

saying deliberately obnoxious and inflammatory things like that is why you get dismissed so quickly and not taken seriously 

you’re not that bloke who rang up praise or grumble last night are ya?

How is that inflammatory??

I know you’ve had a big influence on it and maybe you’re slightly over sensitive to any critique but the music has been not fit for purpose 

Its not been mind blowing before at Hillsborough but so far this season it’s been painful 

You/the club seem unable to realise music at football is there to enhance atmosphere. Hi ho silver lining, while not a song for the “cool kids” does exactly that.

20/twenty plays some horrific music but for the time, the event, the purpose it does exactly what it’s supposed to. Exactly the same when I’ve been to the boxing - it builds up to the main event.

The choices from 2.45 to 2.59 haven’t been up to standards for the reasons said. The same in the 2nd half.

Play whatever they/you want in the other periods while the ground is open - honestly no one cares as it’s just back ground noise - a Sheffield theme is admirable. 

Yes it’s new, but good god, it’s not rocket science, at least do it well even if the music isn’t right. The players were lined up before the entrance music came on this week. 

So it’s inaudible, it’s not atmosphere enhancing, it’s not played on time, there is no flow but apart from that it’s been decent. 

If you/the club make a big thing about how we are doing this new music thing the very least you can do, is do it with a bit of professionalism. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

the sound system is getting looked at 

time to evolve and make this OUR thing 

Excellent. The current speakers on the South sound as though they are filled with very angry killer bees.

I sometimes struggle to know if I’ll be allowed to exit via Leppings Lane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Or fill the lower leppings Lane with school kids. One or 2 schools from Sheffield / Rotherham is chosen each week and they all come in for free. Not one or 2 of them, offer it to the whole school and their parents. 

Bring in the next generation. Make it look better for the tele and maybe shift some extra food/merchandise on the back of it.

This is a no brainer to me. Use the empty seats to lure the next generation of supporters, get them hooked ,but let them in for FREE as you say . Its not like the bottom of the Lepp is used for paying fans.