Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

31 minutes ago, Woozie said:

The trick is in the amount of sauce.

Get that right and you're laughing.

903534167_Fishandchips.png.cd6d3b1c0ca38614dca0a6387743ae68.png

I know your game!

You don't fool me for a moment!

Don't think you can Derren Brown style convince me that the sickness of your fish/curry plate sharing illness is acceptable by disguising its evil  through sublimal  positive imagery by making your plate look like a caricature representation of our glorious cakeball!

2018-08-26 12.42.55.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Tomato sausages are the best thing ever

I bought a dozen yesterday to bbq tomorrow. Feel like Im waiting for Christmas

There was always r8 disappointment in our house when mi mother announced we were having tomato sausages. An abomination 

2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I don’t like curry or tomato sauce- I felt the need to share with you 

Do you mean ketchup?

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

But to sum up - the fans are partly to blame for our financial mess because we didn’t back Club 1867 Mk1. Which wasn’t a stupid idea it was a good one. So that’s a warning we’d better back Club 1867 Mk2.

Do I read it right? 

Please keep to the topic.

• Haha 3

On 23/08/2018 at 19:54, @owlstalk said:

Dk0sUbMX4Ac0N7P.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Committee
Friday 24th August 2018 / 6pm at Hillsborough
Owlstalkers attending: @OWLERTON GHOST / @toppOwl / @bladeshater /  @coe_22
This is a Steering Committee meeting and NOT a Fans Forum, meaning that it's not a whinge about ticket prices, tactics, team selection etc

Instead it's designed to be a bit of a suggestion pot where fans to go the club with a load of suggestions to improve life as a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

For this meeting it would be great if we could collect some bullet points (which I will collate from the replies to this post) with some fresh new ideas, constructive suggestions and positive ideas that the club can take away and hopefully work on.

Over the last few weeks we've seen many new things introduced on the back of fan suggestions/requests and right now the club are most definitely listening so let's see what we can come up with.

For example in the Megastore recently we have started stocking items from Goo Design, and S6 Clothing, with more to come, so already the Megastore is improving. Ideas like that are most definitely worth putting forward.

We've asked for reduced membership prices - got that
Asked for ticket bundles - got that
Sheffield Music at matches - got that in bucketloads (thank you again SWFC)

Asked for better stuff in the Megstore - started to get that

Post your ideas below

Fresh, exciting new ideas to improve things whether that be commercial, non-matchday stuff, events, customer service etc etc - lets see what we can come up with.

Do Wednesday have an official Snapchat ? 

That would be good. 

5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Please keep to the topic.

Soz.

Although I quite like a bit of curry sauce - preferably Chinese style not that weird stuff with Apple and sultanas in it - on my fish, it is a bit.

Chips, cake and curry though is a different kettle of haddock. Maybe it’s the potato slices that make a cake dovetail beautifully with the tangy E number laden gloop. But it’s a match made in culinary heaven. 

• Like 1

One of the most astonishing aspects to the fans forum and the steering group is the chairman repeatedly saying for anyone unhappy with things to go and see him personally.

Whilst this is noble, admirable and repectable in terms of an idea the actual reality is that there are thousands and thousands and thousands of people in the Sheffield Wednesday fanbase so it renders that whole idea completely and utterly unfeasable

And by unfeasible I mean TOTALLY unfeasible

It's time for Mr Chansiri to simply stop making this offer as it's not realistic, and will not offer him the solution to criticism that he may believe it will.

This is simple fact and I hope that the chairman understands that sitting in a room one on one with Bill from Wincobank is a bit like trying to stop a tsunami with a teaspoon

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One of the most astonishing aspects to the fans forum and the steering group is the chairman repeatedly saying for anyone unhappy with things to go and see him personally.

Whilst this is noble, admirable and repectable in terms of an idea the actual reality is that there are thousands and thousands and thousands of people in the Sheffield Wednesday fanbase so it renders that whole idea completely and utterly unfeasable

It's time for Mr Chansiri to simply stop making this offer as it's not realistic, and will not offer him the solution to criticism that he may believe it will.

This is simple fact and I hope that the chairman understands that sitting in a room one on one with Bill from Wincobank is a bit like trying to stop a tsunami with a teaspoon

I'll have a one on one with him.

Put me in touch.

I'm also a whizz with a tea spoon.

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Chips, cake and curry though is a different kettle of haddock. Maybe it’s the potato slices that make a cake dovetail beautifully with the tangy E number laden gloop. But it’s a match made in culinary heaven. 

Excellent point. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a bit bizarre to say the least.

He can stop much of the criticism by being a better Chairman.

Constantly saying if you arent happy then go and see him, just makes him look a bit of a spoiled bully in my view.

You can't expect DC to have one on ones....but a regulated forum on the internet is feasible....

All those who want to participate apply..Say it was on here for instance...

Instant banning for foul language or abuse...or maybe post your questions first, they are filtered ..he answers..Its not rocket science surely?

Its a totally one sided forum in a room at Hillsborough, where he more or less talks AT you, then you have the one question with no recourse to a follow up...its loaded.

Its the exact reason I used when Lee Strafford invited me to Hillsborough for a chat, I thought it unfair..So invited him to ours....To be fair to him he came...for 3 hours!

I might not always  agree with everything Lee Strafford said, but he was prepared to argue it out on a level playing field...

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You can't expect DC to have one on ones....but a regulated forum on the internet is feasible....

All those who want to participate apply..Say it was on here for instance...

Instant banning for foul language or abuse...or maybe post your questions first, they are filtered ..he answers..Its not rocket science surely?

Its a totally one sided forum in a room at Hillsborough, where he more or less talks AT you, then you have the one question with no recourse to a follow up...its loaded.

Its the exact reason I used when Lee Strafford invited me to Hillsborough for a chat, I thought it unfair..So invited him to ours....To be fair to him he came...for 3 hours!

I might not always  agree with everything Lee Strafford said, but he was prepared to argue it out on a level playing field...

Big firms pay a company to host like a large conference call with the chief exec/board. So you register for the call and all dial in to the same number. You then press hash or whatever if you have a question and there’s a person who’s kind of like a moderator who will say ‘the next question is from Asteener’. Everyone else will be on mute so only you and the chief exec can speak, everyone else listens. Works quite well as it’s kept orderly and the questions aren’t vetted. Suppose it still could be one sided with him talking at you but at least we could all hear it instead of him saying stuff to 10 people and telling them all to keep it to themselves. Could be like clubcall though where you rack up 3 hours of call charges only for him to tell us we’re in negotiations to sign Kim Olsen.