Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

From reading the first dozen pages of this it’s clear we need to change our business model. We need to become a selling team that invests in the next player that we will sell for profit after a season or two. It’s not that hard. We look to have started to

do this by bringing some youth in. 

I’d love us to keep the likes of FF and Bannan, but we should have looked to sell if we had decent bids in. However to sell you need the next players lined up and I doubt we have that sort of scouting system, that even the likes of Brentford have. 

Edited by whatdial

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Same

Wish I'd never started this chippy thing now

Gonna have to head out to Leppings Lane Chippy now - it's gotta be done

Another loser

The best chippy is on Penistone Rd - One Yeung Lung or summat

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Same

Wish I'd never started this chippy thing now

Gonna have to head out to Leppings Lane Chippy now - it's gotta be done

I’m popping into Morrison’s pre match to buy a tin of beans to sniff 

If you don’t sniff some beans then your a blade 

Edited by torres
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

How difficult is it to just say ‘it is imperitive that we stay within the limits of P&S therefore player sales might be required in order to balance the books and provide opportunity to revitalise the squad’.

Say that, and mean it.

Honestly, I said it after the fans forum, in January and/or the summer we’re going to have a uniquely bizarre situation where our fans will be literally begging our chairman to sell some of our best players. 

It's unfathomably bizarre, isn't it?

My main worry is that we pass up the opportunity to sell any of our valuable assets while they still retain any real value, then in a few years have to try and rebuild the squad on the cheap due to their wages and fees still counting towards P&S, basically leaving us with a depleted squad, no saleable assets, and no scope for further investment.

It would be the worst of all worlds, and it's where we're headed if Chansiri doesn't change tack.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's unfathomably bizarre, isn't it?

My main worry is that we pass up the opportunity to sell any of our valuable assets while they still retain any real value, then in a few years have to try and rebuild the squad on the cheap due to their wages and fees still counting towards P&S, basically leaving us with a depleted squad, no saleable assets, and no scope for further investment.

It would be the worst of all worlds, and it's where we're headed if Chansiri doesn't change tack.

It just seems like another, trail blazing stunt like BBC radio coverage.

When is it going to end?

1 hour ago, coe_22 said:

The majority were, however in their defence it was difficult to get a word in egdgeways with Mr Chansiri. The format was supposed to be round the table but by the time we were half way round most questions had been answered in one way or another. 

The format of the meetings is wrong. Admittedly at the one I went to things around the club were more positive (it was in the summer after the play off final) so there might have been more scope for criticism at these recent meetings. But there was a big round table with loads of male middle-aged/older fans, and as said above we went round the table and by halfway round everything significant had been asked and the points were getting totally inane. That alongside the fact that it was almost impossible to make any critical points between the general inability to get a word in edgeways with DC and the fans’ own negative disposition towards anyone who didn’t think the sun was shining. I remember one of the later questions was phrased something like “Now personally I think it’s a ridiculous question but some people I know are still going on about getting rid of the band.” 

How are we supposed to get anything productive out of these meetings when there’s no distinction from the fans’ forums and constructive criticism is so heavily frowned upon?

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

It just seems like another, trail blazing stunt like BBC radio coverage.

When is it going to end?

it's when and how that worries me 

It seems this deluded project is now becoming a sh*t or go bust scenario 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steelowl said:

it's when and how that worries me 

It seems this deluded project is now becoming a sh*t or go bust scenario 

Those of us that raise concerns are often criticised for destabilising the Club, just being negative or on some sort of agenda. 

The only agenda I have is that we are still around, we are financially viable, we are competitive in this league, we don't frequent League 1, it is sustainable, we don't solve problems today but create huge ones in the future. It isn't sh#t or bust. So my concerns are that. No more no less

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Those of us that raise concerns are often criticised for destabilising the Club, just being negative or on some sort of agenda. 

The only agenda I have is that we are still around, we are financially viable, we are competitive in this league, we don't frequent League 1, it is sustainable, we don't solve problems today but create huge ones in the future. It isn't sh#t or bust. So my concerns are that. No more no less

re bold - sounds exactly that to me just referring to DC's actual words

haven't you heard, we are so some of divisive cabal according to some tea cakes on here who couldn't smell coffee if we rammed their head in a jar of nescafe 

• Like 1

Just now, steelowl said:

re bold - sounds exactly that to me just referring to DC's actual words

haven't you heard, we are so some of divisive cabal according to some tea cakes on here who couldn't smell coffee if we rammed their head in a jar of nescafe 

They seem to be in hiding today after another bizarre night from Mr Chairman.

Sounds like he’s trying desperately to hatch out as many income schemes as possible but the fans just don’t want to bother.

I feel for him, as he was buying the club I imagine everybody was telling him it was a great decision and what a massive club he’s got but he’s quickly found out the truth that we are actually a pretty average sized and miserly fanbase with expectations higher than our station. Not enough people have backed him I’m afraid but most people don’t want to admit it because it means having to look inwardly about the size of our club. Oh well.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Sounds like he’s trying desperately to hatch out as many income schemes as possible but the fans just don’t want to bother.

I feel for him, as he was buying the club I imagine everybody was telling him it was a great decision and what a massive club he’s got but he’s quickly found out the truth that we are actually a pretty average sized and miserly fanbase with expectations higher than our station. Not enough people have backed him I’m afraid but most people don’t want to admit it because it means having to look inwardly about the size of our club. Oh well.

Sledgehammer.gif.eeba1a87e9b43ba4c1e76ba34340f591.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

They seem to be in hiding today after another bizarre night from Mr Chairman.

After reading Chansiri`s comments my response was WOW, just WOW. 

Unless he takes his head out of his backside and address`s the financial problem by selling some of our saleable assets we are screwed next summer, totally screwed. He is pinning all his hopes on promotion to get out of the mess he created himself, but it aint going to happen with this squad. He has no plan B , or C , its shiete or bust on promotion in his eyes. ,He is sleepwalking the club into financial disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My suggestion may be too late for this meeting but take it to the next one:

Get rid of those flipping awful “dancers” at half time and the “music” they “dance” to. 

That poo gives people ear and eye cancer.

Edited by Loxley Owl
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

In that case I'm definitely stopping int pub.

You win hirstyboywonder

Do hope you dragged yourself out of the pub - we won - at home - again!

Sorry if we didn't play enough like Barcelona for your liking but 3 points were all that were on offer and we got them all.....

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Riverside Chippy Hillsbro Corner is my favourite although my mate thinks they are not as nice as last season.

Do they sell beans 

Bean sniffing is my new lucky thing 

100% record so far!!

• Like 1