Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Exotic beans with fish, not yur baked beans in a tin job, there is a difference, my local chippy serves garlic cannellini bean.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Monstrosity of a line up.

It's line caught cod with chips fried three times, a bit expensive but worth it.

PS free segment of lemon with every purchase.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Again, what a load of rubbish. I am suggesting you stay away as you are not enjoying it, even when we have lost 1 in 7 at home and scored plenty of goals. Team don't roll the red carpet out for us, we have no divine right to win. If you find our current home form depressing to the point of not wanting to go then it's not great support is it? 

Who said anything about form? I said performances.

I hope you dont mind but I dont give a flying one whether you think I should stay away or not. I'll keep going, home AND away, I'll moan and whinge if I think we've been crap, and I'll acknowldge and praise when I think we deserve that too.

Because thats the very nature of football. Like it or not.

Just now, daleblue said:

It's line caught cod with chips fried three times, a bit expensive but worth it.

PS free segment of lemon with every purchase.

I don't know whether to let you off or not..and I'm usually decisive... snooty will have to get involved.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LSOwls said:

It's been covered but we need to be more active in targeting new fans across South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw and the Peak district ( Sheffield City Region) :ph34r:

We need to segment the fans as the actions are different. IE:

Reasons for not supporting Wednesday are:

(Some will fall into more than one box and there will be way more reasons)

1 - Support a different team due to family ties - NO ACTION, hard to convert

2 - Support a 'Premiership' team - Push to make Wednesday their 2nd club. KEY TARGET

3 - Kids / people who are first or second generation immigrants and have no family ties to a club. It's easier for these to support a 'Premiership' club - KEY TARGET

4 - No interest in football - SECONDARY TARGET, hard to convert.

5 - New to the city (students, workers etc) - Push to make Wednesday their 1st / 2nd club. KEY TARGET

For those that are a key target there are 2 actions

1 - Get them interested/ to a game.

You do by targeted offers;most businesses do this by building aailing list with a questionnaire. Pricing is key.

2 - Retain / get them to come back.

Match day experience. It needs to be a great day out and not only the football. You need value for money compared to other 'activities'. This is through the food offering, atmosphere, activities for kids etc...

All good these ideas but at the end of the day people want to support successful clubs, as opposed to those struggling 

25 minutes ago, steelowl said:

a bit like a very influential person posting spendaggon in block letters several times  prob a a joke but there are some people on here who struggle with reality and take you as gospel 

What!  Are you saying there's not going to be Spendageddon?  :sad:

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

What!  Are you saying there's not going to be Spendageddon?  :sad:

In that case I'm definitely stopping int pub.

You win hirstyboywonder

7 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Who said anything about form? I said performances.

I hope you dont mind but I dont give a flying one whether you think I should stay away or not. I'll keep going, home AND away, I'll moan and whinge if I think we've been crap, and I'll acknowldge and praise when I think we deserve that too.

Because thats the very nature of football. Like it or not.

Indeed it is, no divine right to win as I say, when we have been up against it last season though and come out of it with form of 1 defeat at 7 at home having scored a fair few you'll have to excuse me if that deserves me credit than it being, 'depressing and not worth getting out of the pub for'.

You've stuck to your guns on the financial plight fair enough but in other instances you don't seem to know whether you are coming or going - posting praise 1 day for having the embargo lifted and getting Joao to sign a new deal then starting a thread the next day questioning whether it was worth coming out of the embargo at all - bit of a contradiction. Surely the fact we have secured a saleable asset and a decent player who could otherwise have left for nothing in a few months made it worth it as you originally alluded to?

Maybe you post just for the sake of getting positives sometimes, with all your sarcasm and dry wit? You used to be Owlstalk royalty but just like your tan those days have faded, perhaps you should take another sabbatical and change your username.

Off to the pub now, will try to drag myself out to watch some football.

13 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't know whether to let you off or not..and I'm usually decisive... snooty will have to get involved.

This frying your chips three times.

It smack of bearded cyclists. Terrible bands who's terrible vocalists claim they're not singers anyway, they're poets.

Where does it all end. Four pounds for a pint of wee wee coloured home-brew. While classics like  Wadworth 6X  and Batemans XB will vanish.

That's where it ends. Emperors new clothes!

Three times fried chips indeed. 

"Have you heard about Hendos Lord S?" says some shiny foreheaded estuary accented knockneed dunagree wearing chump. "Goes perfectly with our home grown mould rissotto and a pint of dish water I.P.A"

argghgggggggg!

I'll leave it, thanks.

giphy.gif

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 3

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed it is, no divine right to win as I say, when we have been up against it last season though and come out of it with form of 1 defeat at 7 at home having scored a fair few you'll have to excuse me if that deserves me credit than it being, 'depressing and not worth getting out of the pub for'.

You've stuck to your guns on the financial plight fair enough but in other instances you don't seem to know whether you are coming or going - posting praise 1 day for having the embargo lifted and getting Joao to sign a new deal then starting a thread the next day questioning whether it was worth coming out of the embargo at all - bit of a contradiction. Surely the fact we have secured a saleable asset and a decent player who could otherwise have left for nothing in a few months made it worth it as you originally alluded to?

Maybe you post just for the sake of getting positives sometimes, with all your sarcasm and dry wit? You used to be Owlstalk royalty but just like your tan those days have faded, perhaps you should take another sabbatical and change your username.

Off to the pub now, will try to drag myself out to watch some football.

Hahahahahahaha

Image result for jealousy gif

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that the peripheral nonsense can be added/sorted as WELL as everything else?

It's not one or the other

I wish people would understand this

It's like saying "All those who keep going to the chip shop asking for the peripheral peas or beans on their fish and chips"

You can fry a lovely piece of fish and make it superb AND then add beans or peas 

That's how life is

(and chip shops)

lol

Totally agree but using your analogy we haven’t even got the fish or the chips right yet 

NO ONE goes to the chippy just for a pot of mushy peas 

We need foundations, we need to sort the core business out - until we do that, the pickled eggs and battered mars bars are something for the future. 

Just now, torres said:

Totally agree but using your analogy we haven’t even got the fish or the chips right yet 

NO ONE goes to the chippy just for a pot of mushy peas 

We need foundations, we need to sort the core business out - until we do that, the pickled eggs and battered mars bars are something for the future. 

I hear you 

BUT

People are going to the chippy already mate

Every other week they rock up in their thousands to watch the fish and chips

Giving em a pot of beans to sniff at whilst they're sat there will make their tastebuds rise to the occasion ready for the glorious fishfest coming up later

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear you 

BUT

Giving em a pot of beans to sniff at whilst they're sat there will make their tastebuds rise to the occasion ready for the glorious fishfest coming up later

Youve a history of backing losers.

Beans

Kaven Walker

Owen Morrison

I’m thinking 2-0 today. Then a dabble in the transfer market before the deadline.

Best news of the season though will be when Hooper and Lee return, and against the embargo thing, this has to be considered a tremendous success. :ph34r:

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear you 

BUT

I like that a lot. Picturing people sniffing beans will stay with me all day