Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In it's current format Club1867 will NOT sell at all, whatsoever, at all, whatsoever UNLESS we are sat top of the league 10 points clear, at which point he might shift a few to those who can afford it whilst they're caught up in the hype

Right so what you’re saying is we should release it around December time?lol

Joking aside, from what I’ve read on here and on twitter from last nights meeting I’ve not learned an awful lot that I didn’t pick up at the fans forum but since then our embargo has been lifted, we’ve been heavily linked with a couple of loans from Chelsea and we got our first league win of the season.

As such I’ll not let last nights meeting ruin my matchday, here’s hoping we make it 2 wins today.

25 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'll be in the Jockey by 1, match by 1445, back in the Jockey for drinks with friends after too. 

The match these days is just a depressing interlude

Won 3 of our last 4 at home, picking up 10 points and scoring plenty of goals. The off-field stuff is depressing but we have been winning at home and have played some decent football in those games so not sure why you would find home matches depressing.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think he's a bad egg.

Clearly wants us to do well.

Afterall why wouldn't he.

He just needs someone.

An aide to guide him.

Then everyones a winner

Nope sorry Sire, read it a dozen times and still can't make it rhyme :blush:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

So the reality is we are losing 19m per season to take an average. 

Simple maths says to avoid a repeated breach of the EFL S & P regulations we would need to break even this season. 

So got to 

1) Increase revenue or generate player sales of that amount

2) Reduce costs by that amount

3) A combination of the two, a player sale or going out on loan does both of course.

A crude calculation suggests the gap may have narrowed by 6m with Hunt gone, Rhodes out on loan and the non replaced players that left in the summer.

That assumes the projection of 19m is accurate as starting point. Hopefully lower than that. But if not still looking at 13m shortfall

Some of the losses are allowable and don't count towards FFP. Others with greater knowledge of the detail than you or I  have posted and podcasted. No one really knows exactly but it's probably between a 9m and 11m difference we need from last season to this.

Then your options apply to that.

Edited by Peacenocchio

49 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I am now "officially bored to death" of embargo talk, profit and loss talk, trying to look for a plan to run the club successfully and I am totally switched off from that side of things. From now on, I am simply going to watch a football match between two teams, from my season ticket seat.

Mr C has succeeded in wearing me down to the point where I now think that its his business if he wants to make huge loses, let him get on with it. I now am a supporter of the team and couldn't care less about the financial viability of the club. Why should I worry about things I have no control over or will be ever listened to, when I show concern. Its futile .He will not change, he will not listen he will not learn .I say let him plow his lonely furrow .I am out of his "we are all family" philosophy .You can only take so much.

I'm off to get into my car and drive the return trip to Sheffield of 157 miles and shall not expect to get back home before 9 O'clock tonight. I shall do my usual supporting of the team, that's my destiny.

I kinda like this way of thinking about it. I’ll always support the team who plays and is picked by whoever is the manager at the time. I have absolutely no influence on who any of these people are. I’ll (probably) keep getting a ST and going to the odd away day. I try to spend as little as possible inside the ground! 

If Chansiri is banking on going up this season to get us out of a hole then troubling times ahead.

1867 Scheme Mk 2 is anyway like the first then forget it. 

Only way is to sell multi year season tickets to raise a sizable amount of cash from fans and this has already been done twice.

Anyway off to the game via Chippy & Pub. Hope a win takes edge off things.

Only just woken up after going last night. It basically turned into another fans forum as opposed to being a steering group. Nothing new came out of it apart from those present asking the club to not rely on the 1867 scheme as it’s clearly not worked. They asked what we would suggest and were told to lower the price but have less of a reward with it. That way the average fan could possibly afford it and feel per of the solution. 

People need to understand the need for the club to generate income and turnover in a certain way to please the EFL. Paying for a 5 year season ticket only gives the club 1/5th of your money per year as it is split over the term of the season ticket. 

The rest was already covered at the fans forum. 

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Chansiri is banking on going up this season to get us out of a hole then troubling times ahead.

1867 Scheme Mk 2 is anyway like the first then forget it. 

Only way is to sell multi year season tickets to raise a sizable amount of cash from fans and this has already been done twice.

Anyway off to the game via Chippy & Pub. Hope a win takes edge off things.

If he wanted promotion we wouldn't give teams a fifteen point lead every August either 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think he's a bad egg.

Clearly wants us to do well.

Afterall why wouldn't he.

He just needs someone.

An aide to guide him.

Then everyones a winner

I agree, it's a good idea, but I don't think his ego will allow for this. He comes across as a man who doesn't value other's opinion's, and its his way or the highway. That's never been the best way to run a business.

5 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I agree, it's a good idea, but I don't think his ego will allow for this. He comes across as a man who doesn't value other's opinion's, and its his way or the highway. That's never been the best way to run a business.

True. It isn't the best way if youd don't know the business you are in.

We talk about his ego, of which there is clearly some and yet.. he asks for help. Even for advice...

I think there are a couple of issues.

People on the outside looking in perhaps give their advice in a way which gets someones back up.

And the people on the inside ,perhaps,  don't say anything because they don't want to upset the applecart.

I think he needs someone in there to be honest with him. Give him council.

But not in the way your average man in the pub might point it out... it needs someone with a knowledge of the game. The culture of English football.

But also someone adept in the (rare these days) arts of tact and diplomacy without being obsequious or insincere.

Such men are hard to find.

Find that man and we'll crack it.

------------------

Still...for now it's match day.

Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Oh hang on the second question if the night was a show stopper:

Cue a deathly silence :Chansiri:

That was a little awkward! But I think the question was about asking what is he getting from running the club apart from aggro. I was about gob smacked at how it was asked though WTF:

Edited by coe_22

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Of course the other plan / option is that the EFL do look at the projection for what would be the 19/20 season figures so with a lot of senior player contracts ending then perhaps there will be considerable wage savings moving forward.

So a bit less doom and gloom in that scenario. It is S & P so breaching the limits is the trigger for the review by the EFL, not the end result.

The comments made by DC at the fans forum about it being a major issue if we don't get promoted need some proper context

This is a question that the EFL should be answering. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t really know. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hadn’t even asked.

If contracts ending topped up with player sales next summer means we might be ok then I wouldn’t really blame him for kicking the can down the street until then as the damage is already done. It could even be seen as a massive opportunity. 

If we have to break even between now and the summer (which effectively means now and end of January) and he’s relying on some poxy unsustainable scheme that failed the first time instead of selling players then he’s learnt nothing from this summer whatsoever.

What’s the actual plan? Not what is he hoping will happen. What is the actual plan?

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

This is a question that the EFL should be answering. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t really know. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hadn’t even asked.

If contracts ending topped up with player sales next summer means we might be ok then I wouldn’t really blame him for kicking the can down the street until then as the damage is already done. It could even be seen as a massive opportunity. 

If we have to break even between now and the summer (which effectively means now and end of January) and he’s relying on some poxy unsustainable scheme that failed the first time instead of selling players then he’s learnt nothing from this summer whatsoever.

What’s the actual plan? Not what is he hoping will happen. What is the actual plan?

He repeatedly said he’d solved the FFP problem by himself. Not sure what he actually meant though as he also said we may have problems next year if we don’t get promotion l.