Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

26 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I am now "officially bored to death" of embargo talk, profit and loss talk, trying to look for a plan to run the club successfully and I am totally switched off from that side of things. From now on, I am simply going to watch a football match between two teams, from my season ticket seat.

Mr C has succeeded in wearing me down to the point where I now think that its his business if he wants to make huge loses, let him get on with it. I now am a supporter of the team and couldn't care less about the financial viability of the club. Why should I worry about things I have no control over or will be ever listened to, when I show concern. Its futile .He will not change, he will not listen he will not learn .I say let him plow his lonely furrow .I am out of his "we are all family" philosophy .You can only take so much.

I'm off to get into my car and drive the return trip to Sheffield of 157 miles and shall not expect to get back home before 9 O'clock tonight. I shall do my usual supporting of the team, that's my destiny.

In all honesty just watching the football is the happiest way to be a Wednesday fan

Go beyond the 90 minutes of football wanting to know what's going on, what the plan is etc is a very depressing hobby

The main problem is that if you just go and watch the football currently the off field stuff is dictating so much of what can and cannot be achieved on the pitch 

It's absolutely heart wrenching gut kickingly depressing right now

A steering committee should come away from the meeting full of hope, optimism, and happy that the ideas and suggestions discussed can be listened to and implemented. 

I was gutted I couldn't make it last night but on reading the round up's from those that went I would have been sitting there even more gutted.

It's going to be nigh on impossible soon to get anything other than absolute total overawed sycophants to go along to these meetings isn't it?

I hope someone else comes along in a bit who was there last night and gives us some information that we've not yet had from it, filled with hope, ideas, suggestions, exciting new developments etc

PLEEEEEEAAAAASE if you were there tell us SOMETHING positive other than we've raised the capacity of the stadium?!?!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I'll be in the Jockey by 1, match by 1445, back in the Jockey for drinks with friends after too. 

The match these days is just a depressing interlude

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'll be in the Jockey by 1, match by 1445, back in the Jockey for drinks with friends after too. 

The match these days is just a depressing interlude

Pretty sure there is a direct correlation between how bad things get at S6 and alcohol consumption.

Just now, zico.b said:

C'mon Neil.

That's not your usual upbeat persona. If you're not going to be a beacon of positivity, then it only leaves M'Lud.

When times are tough and you can't necessarily influence events, then adopt the good old Yorkshire mantra - BE REIGHT.

You're right

Thanks lads

Right then - onwards and upwards

Ipswich today = 3 points

Nuhiu out to prove a point too so I reckon he'll bang a couple in

Owlstalk Shop

Guest The Horse
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So to me It seems to be a two option plan that Chansiri is offering  

1) Promotion

2) Every fans buys a Club1967 

Mr C needs £50 million.

£50 million / 23,000 (roughly our average home gate) = £2174

So I reckon your option 2 is what he's going for and i genuinely think he's baffled as to why we all can't just stump up a mere 2 grand each this season.
It wouldn't surprise me one jot if that's his plan and way of thinking.
IT'S ONLY £2,000!! THAT'S JUST A GOOD MEAL OUT!!! CHEAPSKATES!

1 hour ago, modboy said:

He's very naive if he thinks fans are going to bail him out of the mess re overspending on players such as Urby, mcmanaman, Buckley etc and to a lesser extent  Abdi, Rhodes, price, Jones, Westwood etc and not playing them 

Errr how the hell do you put Westwood in with that lot?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're right

Thanks lads

Right then - onwards and upwards

Ipswich today = 3 points

Nuhiu out to prove a point too so I reckon he'll bang a couple in

Barry cheers me up no end.

He's a magic pixie, and has a comb over.

I only have to look at him skipping along to be cheered up.

Just now, Geosword said:

Mr C needs £50 million.

So I reckon your option 2 is what he's going for and i genuinely think he's baffled as to why we all can't just stump up a mere 2 grand each this season.

In it's current format Club1867 will NOT sell at all, whatsoever, at all, whatsoever UNLESS we are sat top of the league 10 points clear, at which point he might shift a few to those who can afford it whilst they're caught up in the hype

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Geosword said:

Mr C needs £50 million.

All the money he's wasted so far, means I'm not sure anyone would trust him with more. Including his Dad.

I wouldn't give him 2k anyway.

Guest The Horse

Of course it won't sell.
But even if it did, it's not sustainable as it would require every single fan to keep it rolling by buying another membership every year.

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thing is mate, being like Brentford or Preston holds no appeal for him He wants to dine at the top table

Agreed and it shouldn’t appeal to us either. But in reality unless the rules change or we find new revenue we will have to take a leaf out of their book, albeit with the advantage that we can spend when we need to but within the permitted losses.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingsidney said:

He would say that though wouldn’t he. 

The mans made of teflon. 

Surely you have to work on the premise that DC is telling the truth if you don't then it's pointless debating any issue regarding DC as someone can simply derail the debate by saying, he would say that, wouldn't he?  Of course, there are many sides to 'truth' but we are yet to hear those sides in any detail.  

Lets, debate and criticise what we know to be factual rather than just assumptions and even guesswork.

He's admitted to making mistakes in the past so let's hope that he learns from those and can take the club forward.  

For me, we have no option to work with him and support him as far as we can as he is going nowhere, he can't be forced out unless we resort to underhand methods and I'm sure no one wants to go down that road.  I can understand why fans are frustrated even angry, he took a gamble on promotion and it so nearly came off. DC and the fans are now having to come to terms with that.  Nor is there anyone waiting in the wings to buy out the club, if there was that could be the best option for everyone concerned.

Going forward I would think one of the lessons he has learned is that high ticket prices cannot be sustained and would think there won't be any price increases for a couple of seasons at least.   That obviously means that the club has to work within a tighter budget and the tightening of the belt is required.  Contracts won't be renewed unless the player can offer something for the future (Joao for instance).  

I guess I am partly to blame as I encouraged the buying of new players and welcomed each and every signing (apart from Fletcher nothing personal just think playing the big man up front is a thing of the past).  

Again it's another false dawn but I for one am still optimistic for this season and won't be surprised if we are there or thereabouts come the end of the season, we need some of the big hitters back, Hooper and Lee mainly.  

I am also clinging to the straw that the signing of Joao could be a very important one why would he sign if he didn't think there was a future at the club?  He could walk into any Championship side and not look out of place.  Is it possible that he knows something we don't?  

Anyway off to the pub now (Ravenfield Arms) maybe beer is the answer anything is possible with a few pints in you.

UTO keep the faith.  

• Like 3