Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why? Because Carlos overachieved, or is Jos not the man? I’m intrigued as to why you are so sure we won’t 

Why do you think Carlos over achieved mate? 

Look ok at some of the clubs that were in amongst the play offs at the time. 

Reading

Huddersfield

cardiff and Leeds were also up there for a while. On paper we had a better squad than any of them, you could even include Fulham in that too (apart from maybe the odd player). 

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You're off on a stag do. There's a good group going and you and your best mates are going on a minibus. It's a long long way from home. 

It's a decent night- lots of cheap beer, a late night takeaway and all in all not a bad night. 

The stag do is over and you've got a stinking hang over. You wake up, look around the room and see that your mates have gone. You peer out of the B&B window and see the minibus has already left. 

With nothing else to do you go down for brekkie. In the breakfast room is a face you vaguely remember from the night before. Its a fella that You didn't know before but seemed to be part of the stag party by the end of the night. A bit of a 'flash Harry' who was buying everyone drinks and paying everyone into the 'VIP' section of the clubs. He seemed ok, but you were pretty hammered at the time.

'Flash Harry' spots you in the corner, and shouts you over. You tell him you've missed the minibus. "No problem" he says, "I'll take you home". You know nothing about him, you don't know where he lives, but your.miles from home and you're almost out of cash. He seems friendly enough, so you finish your brekkie, gather your belongings and head to the car park.

In the car park is a brand new, top of the range Bentley. Surely this isn't Harry's motor? You quickly realise it is. You wonder how he can afford to.insure it, never mind drive it- but you need the lift so you don't question it. 

You set off slowly through the narrow streets with the windows down. Its a sunny day, 'Harry' puts on some banging tunes (loud) and youre getting plenty of attention from the pedestrians. You make your way out of the town and onto an A road. "Harry' puts his foot down. He's doing 80 in a 50 and you're getting a bit twitchy, but it would be a bit rude to say anything.

Half an hour into the journey and you notice 'Harry' is taking an unfamiliar route. You're not 100% sure of the way home though, so you sit quietly, trusting 'Harry' knows where he's going. You're now on a motorway doing 110mph. It's a hell of a ride in the brand.new Bentley- you can see people looking from other cars as you overtake them. Some are clearly loving the car, but some are shaking their heads at the speed you're going.

You're an hour into the journey and Harry stops for some petrol. Out of courtesy you offer him £10. "That's not going to get us very far is it?" says 'Harry'. You reluctantly, and somewhat begrudgingly hand over another £10. Harry didn't ask for any money before, it seemed like he was just helping you out.

Off you go again and the conversation has dried up. The silence is a bit awkward, but half an hour later you notice that 'Harry' is definitely going the wrong way and he's still driving well over the speed limit. You're getting agitated- you feel like it's inevitable that you're either going to get stopped by the police, or even worse - end up in an accident.

Having parted with your last cash, you finally pluck up the courage to say something - "This is the wrong way, you do know where i live don't you?"

"Of course I do, what's the matter? Aren't you enjoying the ride- isn't this more fun than the old minibus you can down in?"

You look at the time and you wonder if your mates are already home in the old minibus. Out of the corner of your eye you can see the red light on the petrol gauge is back on. You're never going to get home without another trip to the petrol station, but you've no more cash and you know 'Harry' is going to ask for some.

You know you should be grateful for the lift as you had no way of getting back without it,  but you're still miles from home, out of cash and wondering if you're going to be asked to get out and walk.

:carlosswfc::carlos:

If you secretly use your mobile phone to dial 999 in the hope that help will arrive, turn to page 18.

If you decide to sleep off your hangover and trust that Harry will get you home safely, turn to page 67.

• Haha 4

One question first league win of the season fans trying to put positivity back into the fan base and club, maybe a win today and a couple of loan signings coming.

IF MR CHAIRMAN YOU ARE DOING fizz ALL TO PREVENT THE MONEY TROUBLES WHY BOTHER TELLING US THE NIGHT BEFORE AN IMPORTANT GAME.

Instead put up, shut up and let's try to improve on the pitch to help the finances out - he is simple an egomaniac.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If you secretly use your mobile phone to dial 999 in the hope that help will arrive, turn to page 18.

If you decide to sleep off your hangover and trust that Harry will get you home safely, turn to page 67.

Someone really needs to write pages 18 and 67 now lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

Why do you think Carlos over achieved mate? 

Look ok at some of the clubs that were in amongst the play offs at the time. 

Reading

Huddersfield

cardiff and Leeds were also up there for a while. On paper we had a better squad than any of them, you could even include Fulham in that too (apart from maybe the odd player). 

I don’t, I think he did pretty well first season That second season for me, was soured by poor recruitment, and boring tactics Who was responsible for the poor recruitment, remains debatable So given the lack of balance, still apparent in the squad, I also think he did well to get us top six again Maybe, had he been a bit more adventurous, we could have pipped Huddersfield 

What I guess I’m saying is, we either believe we have the squad, and Carlos should have done better, or that the squad is only average, and he overachieved We can’t have it both ways

• Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I always feel a zillion times less positive after a Fans Forum/Steering Group/Chairman's Q&A/Club Statement

I wish they'd shut up

:-(

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why? Because Carlos overachieved, or is Jos not the man? I’m intrigued as to why you are so sure we won’t 

I’d also be surprised by a promotion push this season, hope I’m wrong but there are at least 8-10 teams that look much stronger, destined for mid table at best I reckon.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t, I think he did pretty well first season That second season for me, was soured by poor recruitment, and boring tactics Who was responsible for the poor recruitment, remains debatable So given the lack of balance, still apparent in the squad, I also think he did well to get us top six again Maybe, had he been a bit more adventurous, we could have pipped Huddersfield 

What I guess I’m saying is, we either believe we have the squad, and Carlos should have done better, or that the squad is only average, and he overachieved We can’t have it both ways

DC said last night that CC was 100% behind the signings in his second season.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

DC said last night that CC was 100% behind the signings in his second season.

I can’t prove, or disprove that However, the debate is still the same. Carlos got those players to 2 consecutive play offs 

If that was only par for the course, with pretty much the nucleus of the squad intact, a further £20m worth of new additions, a few strategic loans, and a much better youth system to back him up, why shouldn’t Jos get us to the play offs?

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think he's a bad egg.

Clearly wants us to do well.

Afterall why wouldn't he.

He just needs someone.

An aide to guide him.

Then everyones a winner

We've been saying that for 2 years.

I don't think he believes he needs guidance. That's a problem.