Suggestions for the #SWFC Steering Committee

Dk0sUbMX4Ac0N7P.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Committee
Friday 24th August 2018 / 6pm at Hillsborough
Owlstalkers attending: @OWLERTON GHOST / @toppOwl / @bladeshater /  @coe_22
This is a Steering Committee meeting and NOT a Fans Forum, meaning that it's not a whinge about ticket prices, tactics, team selection etc

Instead it's designed to be a bit of a suggestion pot where fans to go the club with a load of suggestions to improve life as a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

For this meeting it would be great if we could collect some bullet points (which I will collate from the replies to this post) with some fresh new ideas, constructive suggestions and positive ideas that the club can take away and hopefully work on.

Over the last few weeks we've seen many new things introduced on the back of fan suggestions/requests and right now the club are most definitely listening so let's see what we can come up with.

For example in the Megastore recently we have started stocking items from Goo Design, and S6 Clothing, with more to come, so already the Megastore is improving. Ideas like that are most definitely worth putting forward.

We've asked for reduced membership prices - got that
Asked for ticket bundles - got that
Sheffield Music at matches - got that in bucketloads (thank you again SWFC)

Asked for better stuff in the Megstore - started to get that

Post your ideas below

Fresh, exciting new ideas to improve things whether that be commercial, non-matchday stuff, events, customer service etc etc - lets see what we can come up with.

Owlstalk Shop

Is it possible for the club to collaborate with well known brands more? Like they did with monopoly but with clothing, footwear, baseball caps etc. I realise that they have to make sure not to tread on the elev8 brands toes. 

4 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

Is it possible for the club to collaborate with well known brands more? Like they did with monopoly but with clothing, footwear, baseball caps etc. I realise that they have to make sure not to tread on the elev8 brands toes. 

100% - great suggestion.

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Can someone please ask why in the 21st century we are yet to form a Sheffield Wednesday ladies team, this is by far the most pressing concern we must address. People may even start looking at us as a sexist football club, signing players and embargos are not an issue when the morals of life come into play. I'm a firm belieber a successful ladies team would draw larger crowds than the men's team if they price it correctly.

Wouldn’t even get 2,000 a gate nevermind larger crowds so you’ll just have to remain a ‘belieber’.

What about a fanzone in Hillsbro Park Before every game where fans can get together and do some activities? Lincoln have a family zone and it’s really good.  

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Beach towels (most importantly) 

AND 

Players going to houses of fans on the database and giving out a free shirt. 

The 2nd one has already been done. FF delivered the away shirt to a competition winner. 

Guest Grez Bez

Great thread; I've posted all of these before but thought I'd give it another go. 

Kop facilities

Below is a cheap and quick way to improve facilities on the kop. You simply build "decking" onto the banks with bars on.

They can be easily added to the current stairs. The middle "bar" could link the left and right staircases at the back of the kop.

post-22045-0-67599800-1433787855.png

post-22045-0-26160100-1440095413_thumb.jpg

Space behind North:

There is an area behind the megastore and North stand that is used to house old rubbish. If you walk up the ramp from the away end and look left, it is there (on phone so can't find it on a map)

It's a large area and would be ideal to house some new bars. I'd also like to see us close the megastore during games and use the car park as extra space (like we do pre-gane). I presume sales in the shop are next to zero during a game; maybe we should make a few sakes at HT.

Food Trucks

During a game (and before) we should house food trucks in the Megastore carpark, North stand (at the area above) behind the West and under the South. These can be good or booze and the club should charge a flat fee per game. 

The club earn money, the food trucks (which are huge at the moment) earn money and the supporters get a better experience

Edited by Grez Bez

7 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Beach towels (most importantly) 

AND 

Players going to houses of fans on the database and giving out a free shirt. 

Those fans in Australia best not win

Apart from the Home & Away shirts there isn’t much aimed at the teenager age bracket (both male & female) could this be improved on? Even if the club produces copies of well known branded goods. Like Aldi does with food but do it with the clothing range. A goggled hooded jacket or a Parker with a Wednesday patch buttoned onto the arm? 

Edited by coe_22