Matias

Nice to see him play in the last few, with a team so bereft of pace we definitely need someone like him.

I remember all the good things he’s done over the last couple of years in his fleeting appearances but what I’ve been really impressed by is his work ethic.

He’s brave when he gets the ball and is willing to try something / take some one on, by my word he’s got through some effort in the last week or so.

Easy to look at his fancy hair and pearly whites and make a prejudiced assumption about the type of player he is. I just hope he can stay fit for a few months

he looked fitter and sharper last night than he has been in the previous 3 seasons combined and was excellent. did a hell of a lot of work tracking back. if he stays fit could be a very important player for us.

1 hour ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Showing a lot of promise in this latest string of games and always a threat with his pace, let’s hope he stays fit and grows in confidence he could be a real star in this team

he will it's august again, he thinks the season runs august, september, october, late march, and april with a 20 some week winter break.

He has pace and ability but unless I've missed it he struggles to use skill to beat players? Last night even Penney playing at LB managed to do the ball on left foot then right to dribble past two Millwall players (and it looked incredible!), not sure I've ever seen Matias do that kind of thing?